It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It gets the hose

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

puppy Rufus,

Big Rufus with summer shave.

This is my Australian Shepherd. He's such a gentle dog, only barks when he thinks he should be going with me, but wasn't invited. Since it's hot here in the summer, he gets shaved twice, then his full coat grows back before it gets cold again. The only issue I have with him is he likes the way chickens taste. So I cannot have him and the chickens out at the same time, without supervision. He doesn't even attack them, he just nibbles on them until they freak out and understand that he's eating them.

He tries to heard anyone who will walk with him. He has no idea where you are going, or where you need to go for that matter, but he heards you just the same. He's very smart and loves attention. They are a special breed.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Lol... hahaaa. The visuals😊

For what it's worth as I once again derailed another one of your great threads. This little pitbull

amalgamMUTT was the laziest sweetest dog, Mylo Did not care for Snakes. But he loved whippy like toys.... looking back at Mylo getting hold of Long Flimsy Sticks and furrrociously whipping them around in his mouth, all my hoses were un reachable as Mylo was only a foot and a half in height with heavy gravity. So our hoses were safe.

edit on 28-9-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Rufus is beautiful 👍🏼😊

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeah, our Rhode is a merle too. Only in one eye though. Rhode is black and white. We only shave Rhode down once per year. Man, is that a coat, or what??? Rhode's under coat is so dense and fine it will jamb up a pair of regular electric trimmers. We literally have to use an electric livestock shear on him like for sheep. I usually get an entire 35 gal garbage sack full of fur off of him when shearing time rolls around (usually about the end of May).

I can't imagine how those dogs survive summer without being cut down. That undercoat is like 3 layers of 1/2" thick felt. Rhode never gets cold though. He will find and lay in every last drop of snow until it disappears completely. This last year we had a late snowstorm and there was a plow pile on the corner of the front lawn. He laid on that pile every single day until it was just this little snow spot on the lawn...and he'd still go lay on that thing. In the wintertime he goes and finds the coldest spot to lay outside, usually in the shade of the house in the windiest area. Dog just loves the cold weather. Practically have to drag him inside at night.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Great story! Rhode is a lucky dog to be able to play with his hose. I can't even find mine anymore! My wife says she hasn't seen it in a long time, either.

I think this thread could end up in RATS considering the way it's evolving.

My dog has a spare bed that he folds just right and "uses" every evening. He won't sleep on it. He's in love.

Rhode sounds like he has a creative mind and found a way to express it. The way you wrote this FCD reminds me of a person drawing lines with a pen and that he is experimenting with line when he plays with the hose.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

before the first cut, I thought, "wow, this dog is FAT", then he got shaved, and all of the sudden he was perfect. last vet visit he was 74lbs. When we got him, I told my wife he wouldn't get very big. I'm reminded of that from time to time.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Rhode's pushin' 95 lbs. He's thick though. But yeah, he looks 20 lbs. lighter after we shave him.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That is too adorable. I wonder what would happen if you gave him 5 of his own hoses to arrange as he sees fit; would he make a holy grail of hose sculptures? It sounds like he just might.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join