It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diploma of Alexander the Great to the Slavs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: RussianTroll

"We, Alexander, the son of the supreme god Jupiter in the sky and Philip, King of Macedon

There is no reference to Jupiter at all, RussianTroll. The first sentence starts with I, Alexander Filippovich, czar of Macedonia...

RussianTroll, Jupiter was a Roman god, not a Greek one. No way Alexander could have made such a gross error. Please, correct your translation (there are three more obvious errors).

"We, Alexander Fillipovich, Tsar of Macedon, the sovereign of the monarchy, the iconic leader of the Greek state, the great son of Diabogus ...."
Apparently Google Translate translated it. as the son of Jupiter. And I have not checked.
I apologize to the readers. My mistake. It is very difficult to translate from the ancient Slavic language into Russian, and then into English.
Respectively. all disputes about Jupiter are meaningless.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You need to explain to me what Old Russian means. You mean it is in Slavonic (Old Church Slavonic)? I can read it from my knowledge of Macedonian. I'm sure even a Croatian (and certainly any Serb around) can read it without big issues. Any Serb around?

(any Naiad from the Neretva around?)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's a map of Greek territory, not Alexander's conquests.

Приношу извинения.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You need to explain to me what Old Russian means. You mean it is in Slavonic (Old Church Slavonic)? I can read it from my knowledge of Macedonian. I'm sure even a Croatian (and certainly any Serb around) can read it without big issues. Any Serb around?

(any Naiad from the Neretva around?)

You are somewhat wrong. Yes, any Bulgarian, Serb and Croat can read this language. Our languages ​​have common roots. I'll try to explain.
In all Orthodox Churches of all countries, liturgies are held in the Church Slavonic language. I pray in this language every day. But modern Serbian. Bulgarian and Russian languages ​​have undergone very strong changes. They are completely different. Although a person who uses the Prayer Book every day for daily prayers understands all these languages. Simply, in churches and prayers, a common Church Slavonic language is used, and in everyday life - various languages ​​based on it.
Naturally, Google translator does not understand the Church Slavonic language of the originals, but translates in our case from Russian into English, and uses its own algorithms. And for some reason these algorithms made Jupiter the supreme god, but I did not check. This is the essence of the dispute, sorry))))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Alexander was never in Italy nor were any of his generals, it was a Greek colony.

You've already been proven wrong on Jupiter, stop digging.

edit on 28-9-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

OK, but my point was that there is nothing called Old Russian. It should be called Church Slavonic.

Now, my friend, let's play a game of chess and drink together some tea. I can also offer you some ounces of Xenidje, Basma, and good Latakia for us to smoke in my Turkish pipe as we play together. Let's do it for the glory of Alexander The Great, and his horse. Actually, I will better do it for Bucephalus.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Alexander was never in Italy nor were any of his generals, it was a Greek colony.

You've already been proven wrong on Jupiter, stop digging.

I apologized not for being wrong, but for making a mistake. In reality, my mistake does not change the essence of the document and does not affect the truth. The document exists and it is real.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
I apologized not for being wrong, but for making a mistake.

You're wrong on Alexander being in Italy, he never was, nor were any of his generals. You claimed 'His empire included the Apennines, respectively, and their gods', this is false.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

OK, but my point was that there is nothing called Old Russian. It should be called Church Slavonic.

Now, my friend, let's play a game of chess and drink together some tea. I can also offer you some ounces of Xenidje, Basma, and good Latakia for us to smoke in my Turkish pipe as we play together. Let's do it for the glory of Alexander The Great, and his horse. Actually, I will better do it for Bucephalus.

Oh, I'm a big fan of that. what is called "keif"))) I will gladly share it with you)))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
For what my mistake was, I have already apologized. Can we return to the topic of this thread? There is no need to try to destroy the topic by destroying the personality. These are the elements of trolling. It is ephemeral and short-lived.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The mistranslation was a mistake, you insisting on different historical facts isn't a mistake, it's being wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The mistranslation was a mistake, you insisting on different historical facts isn't a mistake, it's being wrong.

I have already written everything necessary. Do you have any objections to the text of the document?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Do you have any objections to the text of the document?

Considering Alexander wasn't in contact with that part of Europe it's most likely a fabrication.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Do you have any objections to the text of the document?

Considering Alexander wasn't in contact with that part of Europe it's most likely a fabrication.

Thank you, your feedback is accepted.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's simple. ask Alexander about it. His empire included the Apennines, respectively, and their gods.

Why would he have granted something with the name of a god his people wouldn't have used?

Neither I nor you know this. Alexander considered himself a god, respectively, he considered himself the boss over all the gods of the countries he conquered.

Nonsense.

Alexander was a Macedonian who, in 334 BC began his campaign in earnest when he crossed (the hellespont) what is now known as the Dardanelles, to campaign against the Medes and the Persians.

He died shortly after he began his campaign in India.

Jupiter is not a Macedonian God, Jupiter is a Roman. Alexander said he was descended from Zeus.

The only connection to Rome at this time was a small colony in the southernmost point of Italy. That colony influenced Etruscans, Romans, and Samnites all who shared the Italian peninsula until the Romans began expanding launching the first Samnite War. That war you saw Romans fighting in Greek phalanx style before reforming the army by the second Samnite War.

You need to spend less time reading bogus letters and more time reading first source material.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join