It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diploma of Alexander the Great to the Slavs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Just show me a map of era of Alexander which shows these areas.. and i believe you. Fair right ?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why would a Macedonian use the name 'Jupiter' which was a Roman invention?

Colin Farrell applauds you. Probably, studying history from Hollywood films in the West is the norm)))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

How about that in English now?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Just show me a map of era of Alexander which shows these areas.. and i believe you. Fair right ?

My friend, please submit any document from the time of Alexander, or Aristotle. Any!
Alas, there are none. With the same success, I can demand from you historical documents in the name of the first Anglo-Saxon, who give him the right of ownership of the lands they occupy today))))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

How about that in English now?

It's simple. ask Alexander about it. His empire included the Apennines, respectively, and their gods. True, there is no such information in the Hollywood film)))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

My friend, please submit any document from the time of Alexander, or Aristotle. Any!
Alas, there are none. With the same success, I can demand from you historical documents in the name of the first Anglo-Saxon, who give him the right of ownership of the lands they occupy today))))

If i read right you said there were no documents at all from the era of Alexander. and we should believe he gave those areas to slavs ? so its just a hearsay then. So there is no actual proofs he did gave those areas at all. And some russian just happened to think he did and wrote it down... hmm

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It's simple. ask Alexander about it. His empire included the Apennines, respectively, and their gods.

Why would he have granted something with the name of a god his people wouldn't have used?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If i read right you said there were no documents at all from the era of Alexander. and we should believe he gave those areas to slavs ? so its just a hearsay then. So there is no actual proofs he did gave those areas at all. And some russian just happened to think he did and wrote it down... hmm

I will say more, there is not a single document of this era, but many others later. The most ancient historical documents of that era that have come down to us in the source are excerpts from the Septuagint - a translation of the Torah into Greek, performed by 70 Jewish sages by order of Ptolemy, a friend of Alexander and the king of Egypt. And then, they have come down to us only in fragments, and the full text - only in later translations and correspondences.
So can you provide me with any document from the time of Alexander in the source?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It's simple. ask Alexander about it. His empire included the Apennines, respectively, and their gods.

Why would he have granted something with the name of a god his people wouldn't have used?

Neither I nor you know this. Alexander considered himself a god, respectively, he considered himself the boss over all the gods of the countries he conquered.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Now we are getting in details.. show any link with these excerpts from the Septuagint, images of actual fragments and translations.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Neither I nor you know this. Alexander considered himself a god, respectively, he considered himself the boss over all the gods of the countries he conquered.

Jupiter wouldn't have been the god of the Slavs nor the Macedonians, it makes zero sense.

edit on 28-9-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Now we are getting in details.. show any link with these excerpts from the Septuagint, images of actual fragments and translations.

We can demand from each other to provide sources indefinitely. The fact is that there is not a single original document from the time of Alexander that has come down to our time, except in translations and correspondence. Accordingly, your demand is meaningless. Do not be distracted from the subject of discussion, please.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Jupiter wouldn't have been the god of the Slavs nor the Macedonians, it makes zero sense.

And he was not the god of Alexander. He himself considered himself a god, which he emphasized by mentioning Jupiter as a god of the country he conquered.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The Italian peninsula is not a country listed as being conquered by Alexander, his conquests were to the east, so again, there is no reason for him to use the name Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Without evidence there is no proof any of that happened.. case closed

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The Italian peninsula is not a country listed as being conquered by Alexander, his conquests were to the east, so again, there is no reason for him to use the name Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Without evidence there is no proof any of that happened.. case closed

following your logic, you do not exist either))))))))))))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"We, Alexander, the son of the supreme god Jupiter in the sky and Philip, King of Macedon

There is no reference to Jupiter at all, RussianTroll. The first sentence starts with I, Alexander Filippovich, czar of Macedonia...

RussianTroll, Jupiter was a Roman god, not a Greek one. No way Alexander could have made such a gross error. Please, correct your translation (there are three more obvious errors).

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That's a map of Greek territory, not Alexander's conquests.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

"We, Alexander, the son of the supreme god Jupiter in the sky and Philip, King of Macedon

There is no reference to Jupiter at all, RussianTroll. The first sentence starts with I, Alexander Filippovich, czar of Macedonia...

RussianTroll, Jupiter was a Roman god, not a Greek one. No way Alexander could have made such a gross error. Please, correct your translation (there are three more obvious errors).

You are right, my friend. I have not checked the automatic translation from Russian into English, in which the supreme god suddenly became Jupiter. And then I just fell for the translation and comments of my opponents. Sorry. Now I will try again to manually translate the text from Old Russian into English. Thanks, my mistake)))

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join