It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diploma of Alexander the Great to the Slavs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   

This is a very interesting Charter, which is a document and has the name "Charter of Alexander the Great to the Slavs". It was first mentioned by the Czech historian Vaclav Haik in the Czech Chronicle. This chronicle describes the events of 1348, and it is in the Brno Archives. And in 1516, the Czech historian Joseph Pervolf from the University of Warsaw found a copy of this letter in Latin. In 1551 this letter was printed in Polish, in 1596 in German, in 1601 in Italian. It becomes known both in Europe and in Russia. It is believed that the original of this document is kept in the archives of the Czech Kingdom, or placed in one of the Czech chronicles. The authenticity of this document has had both supporters and opponents for half a millennium. And this is understandable: after all, the document gives an advantage to the Slavs and the Slavic language in Europe, and German-speaking scientists do not agree with this state of affairs. If it turns out that the letter is a genuine document, then the history of Europe will have to be rewritten anew.

For the convenience of reading the document, I provide an adapted version:

"We, Alexander, the son of the supreme god Jupiter in the sky and Philip, King of Macedon on earth, the ruler of the world from sunrise to sunset and from noon to midnight, conqueror of the Median and Persian kingdoms, Greek, Syrian and Babylonian, etc. To the enlightened family To Slavic and his language, mercy, peace, respect and greetings from us and our successors in managing the world after us.Since you have always been with us, in loyalty, in battle, reliable and brave and always tireless, we were, we favor and freely give you forever all the lands from the full sea of ​​the great Arctic Ocean to the Italian southern rocky sea, so that no one dared to settle or settle in these lands, but only your family, and if someone from outsiders was discovered here, he will become your serf or servant with given in the city of Alexandria, founded by us on the glorious river Nile in the 12th year of our reign with the permission of the great gods Mars, Jupiter and the goddess Minerva. native Altera, our treasurer, and other 11 princes, whom, in the event of our death without sons, we leave our heirs and the whole world. "

Mavro Orbini has a similar text in 1601 (Mavro Orbini "Historiography of the name, glory and expansion of the Slavic people" pages 145 - 147, chapter "About Agrians". Moscow, "White Alves" 2010).

The letter fits well with the requirements of the era of Alexander the Great, but it is too early to say that this is the original. However, it is worth noting that it mentions the twelfth year of Alexander's reign, and this date coincides with 324 BC, that is, with the last year of his life. That year, the campaign to India was completed, and after that almost all states lay at the feet of the Great General. After India, the Macedonian was preparing to march to the West in order to conquer "wild and barbaric" Europe. In those days, the centers of civilization were Rome and Greece, and Europe was considered barbaric.

When Macedonian was preparing to conquer Europe, he may also have been looking for those who would become his ally, and among its inhabitants he wanted to find them in the person of the Slavs who lived in Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Yugoslavia and Austria. And the path of Alexander from Greece to Europe would pass through the territory in which the Slavs lived, and much about the courage and courage of the Slavs was written by ancient authors: Homer, Procopius and Maurius. And here is this document! With just one stroke of the pen, Alexander split Europe for millennia and opposed the peoples to each other.

Thanks.

(post by Necro Pyro removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

we favor and freely give you forever all the lands from the full sea of ​​the great Arctic Ocean to the Italian southern rocky sea

That description roughly matches the presence of Slavic peoples today, if one considers the former Yugoslavia as "the Italian southern rocky sea".

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   
1) Alexander had no authority to "give" this territory, which was not even under his control, so the charter would have no value in terms of property rights even if it were authentic.

2) This kind of "charter" belongs to the much later culture of mediaeval Europe. Thousands of charters were givem by generous rulers (and forged by others).

3) This charter resembles (and may have been inspired by) the famous forgery "The Donation of Constantine", by which the Popes claimed their own authority.

edit on 28-9-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Share the conversations about property rights with God. He will, of course, accept your point of view. However, However, like Alexander the Great at one time))))))

edit on 28-9-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Actually, it's more of a legal matter.
It appears that people have been claiming historical "rights" based on this document. But if the document has no legal value, because Alexander had no right to give what he cliams to be giving, then the rights have no status.

I have a charter signed by Donald Trump (or I will have when I have finished writing it) which gives me possession of the Kremlin to serve as my retirement home. Will you accept that document or not? It has the same authority as Alexander's charter.

edit on 28-9-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Czech, Lech, and Rus.

Somebody forgot Jug.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hi RT

So i was looking at the main religion of Russian and it says 8ver half the population was orthodox Christian, are you a Christian? Do you believe the Jesus story "away in thy manger no crib for a bed, the little Lord jesus lay down his sweet head"

I'm agnostic, btw, if Jesus is God he will accept my forgiveness

edit on 28-9-2021 by DAVG1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

we favor and freely give you forever all the lands from the full sea of ​​the great Arctic Ocean to the Italian southern rocky sea

That description roughly matches the presence of Slavic peoples today, if one considers the former Yugoslavia as "the Italian southern rocky sea".

Cheers

It seems to me that this is not so, European scientists have been arguing about this for a long time. During the time of Alexander, many areas had a different name.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVG1980
Hi RT

So i was looking at the main religion of Russian and it says 8ver half the population was orthodox Christian, are you a Christian? Do you believe the Jesus story "away in thy manger no crib for a bed, the little Lord jesus lay down his sweet head"

I'm agnostic, btw, if Jesus is God he will accept my forgiveness

Hey)))
In Russia now 68% of the population consider themselves Orthodox Christians. Less than 10% are churched. I am Orthodox, I go to the Church for the Liturgy and take the sacrament. Although I have many friends of different religions, and even agnostics))))

edit on 28-9-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Of historical interest, if genuine. But since Alexander had no authority over those lands he had not conquered (including most of Europe), and that authority he did have ended with his death, of no other relevance.

It does not mean Putin the Great is the rightful ruler of Italy

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

It seems to me that this is not so, European scientists have been arguing about this for a long time. During the time of Alexander, many areas had a different name.

Really? Arctic Ocean -- Russians. To the south and southwest, Russians and Ukrainians. Slovaks and Czechs. Poles. And then the Bulgarians and Serbians. Yes, there are "exceptions" -- the Hungarians, for example; but in general, the area described has been settled by Slavic peoples, at least in times beyond Alexander's era.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Erm, based on a cursory read of the history of the early Slavs I'm pretty sure that a) the document is a complete fake as b) Alexander the Great had very likely never heard of them as he didn't bother with the area between the Vistula and the Dnieper. He had his eyes firmly set on Greece, Greece-in-Asia and Asia Minor, as well as the rest of the Persian Empire.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
According to the rules of historiography, there would have to be documented evidence that Alexander the Great established a state to rule over Slav-occupied lands. Then, we could say that later Slavic states were successor states of the empire of Alexander. There is no evidence of such a state having been established, so I would say that this document is completely irrelevant (and most likely fiction). At best, if this letter was really written by Alexander, it would just be evidence of his intentions, but intentions alone aren't enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This seems to be mixing Etruscan, Roman, Greek gods together.

Minerva isn't a Goddess that Alexander would have appealed to. Minerva is chiefly an Etruscan goddess that was later appropriated by the Romans after subjugating the Etruscans.

Alexander the Great was campaigning in Afghanistan when Rome was just a backwater town and while there was contact with Greeks, the influence went from Greeks to Etruscans, not the other way around.

edit on 9 28 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In Macedonia at time of the Alexander male masculinity was measured how drunk he was - Mother of Alexander was practising Dionysian cult.. cult was all about party, drinking and dancing.

There were no maps which would have shown artic ocean nor other places in Northern Europe or Asia. Closest map from that era was map of Eratostone and map was about 100 years after Alexander´s death

MAP

So how could he know any of those areas you mention ?

Let´s play

There were a party.. wine and ale was consumed a lot.. maybe someone "Slavic" mentions or asks if Alexander is to attack North ( Lands which did not have a name.. places he had never seen or heard . There was no documents those places existed ) .. Drunk Alexander say " I don´t give a rat´s behind.. go away you fly.. leave me alone.. you can have those all.

" end of story...

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
You can play as much as you like according to any of your rules. The fact is that reality and history will not change from this, and you will find yourself in the position of an ostrich with his head in the sand)))

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So show a map Alexander knew these areas existed, then maybe your post will make some sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why would a Macedonian use the name 'Jupiter' which was a Roman invention?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

So show a map Alexander knew these areas existed, then maybe your post will make some sense.

And you prove that Alexander personally shared with you his plans and told you personally about his knowledge and ideas)))

<<   2  3 >>

join