It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes or ice for your child

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

The grammar police are here again. Let us all know when you’re finished with the power trip and fancy some actual discussion rather than your self absorbed nonsense.

Is capitalising entire words mid-sentence considered a faux pas in your god like understanding of language? Surely there’s more grammatically correct ways to emphasise words, like those wonderful little things called verbs and punctuation!
edit on 27/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Shoujikina

The grammar police are here again. Let us all know when you’re finished with the power trip and fancy some actual discussion rather than your self absorbed nonsense.

Did you read their post entirely? They made some good points. Addressed your statement about the cigarettes vs child's happiness. You should have commented on that to further the actual discussion.

The grammar aspect was maybe too harsh, Though previously Duck was unable to understand part of my post. Which of course impedes the actual discussion as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Lol ok in a perfect world were nobody has vices and we all live in peace and harmony that sounds great. Judgement in the grocery isle and asking for a pat on the back for doing it? Sounds ignorant in my book. I can only imagine the bad lesson learned by the two children present. The OP could have taught their child through example how to help others, instead they’ve shown them it’s best to shame.

You can be happy feeling superior but i can guarantee if you’re a parent you alone fecked up your own child and will have to bear that responsibility. That shame doesn’t need to be publicity, and the man had every right to offer his opinion back. The goal was not to help the child and you agree, it was to shame. The difference between our opinions is you feel that was the best course of action, to shame the father and damage their relationship with the their son.

I’d bet you’d call CPS on the scene if you were there.

The right way to handle it would be to pay for the ice and be the bigger person, not be an activist for a situation you’ve only just been exposed to. But ignorance is the rule!

Have you ever had an addiction btw? Helping is a lot better than shaming if you’re looking to get to that perfect society you dream of.

a reply to: Skepticape

If someone puts cigarettes before their children’s happiness they deserve shame.

edit on 27-9-2021 by Skepticape because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I would have phoned CPS because a father didn’t buy his kid an ice lolly? Get over yourself pal.

You’re right we all have vices but I would never in a million years put them before my kids happiness.

Yes, I’ve had addictions, I gave them up so I could be a better parent.

The idea of putting cigarettes before an ice lolly for my child is abhorrent to me. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: aLaughingMan

Yes I heard his harsh parenting skills and know it all attitude.

Spoken like a person who has no children.

My kids worked out just fine despite being spoiled with love and affection, despite being treated like they’re the most important thing in my life and despite me valuing their happiness over my own.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
And it’s not anyone’s place to make that a public issue. Nor was it good parenting by our OP to teach their child to shame others, which they then repeated the gesture (probably to your applause).

Putting your own morals over children’s well being is also abhorrent.

Do you think more or less harm to all parties took place because the OP didn’t decide to handle this better and pay for the ice when they saw the father was short? Deciding to shame is where this situation became to use the ops word, idiotic

I would have phoned CPS because a father didn’t buy his kid an ice lolly? Get over yourself pal.

You’re right we all have vices but I would never in a million years put them before my kids happiness.

Yes, I’ve had addictions, I gave them up so I could be a better parent.

The idea of putting cigarettes before an ice lolly for my child is abhorrent to me. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

How many children do you have?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

How many children do you have?
not the issue here, but good on you for trying to make it so. One, wife and I are trying for a second. Let me guess, you’ll try and shame me now?

What about there was a better way to handle this is so challenging for you? OP missed an opportunity to be a good person and a good parent because of their knee jerk response to shame. I question you are a parent since you don’t seem to understand that. Taking your kid to the store can be challenging, with lots of unnecessary judgement from others.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

No, I was interested to see if you were talking from experience or not.

I hope you and your wife are blessed with another.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Would you buy cigarettes for yourself before an ice lolly for your kid?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Why am I on trial here lol? Are we playing 20 questions? Why don’t you answer my questions if you expect me to answer yours? Pretty arrogant of you to disregard my question to you, it seems to don’t wish to answer it.

I luckily don’t have to make that choice, not living paycheck to paycheck anymore, nor do I smoke. There was a time I lived on 40$ a week.

If I saw this situation in front of me, I’d pay for the kids treat. Would you shame the father and get your fictional children to mock the father like our OP?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No, I wouldn’t have got involved and just thought to myself what a selfish twat. You’re not on trial and not obliged to answer my questions I’m just intrigued as to your thinking. I see where you’re coming from but at the same time the real crux of the issue is the dogsh!t parenting of the cigarette buying selfish father, not the OP.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

No, I wouldn’t have got involved and just thought to myself what a selfish twat. You’re not on trial and not obliged to answer my questions I’m just intrigued as to your thinking. I see where you’re coming from but at the same time the real crux of the issue is the dogsh!t parenting of the cigarette buying selfish father, not the OP.

The OP is asking if they are the idiot after they explained their rant. The crux of the Op is their question, which I answered.

My thinking is for the children present, not on the father. I stated that several times, but you can’t look past being upset with the father, which ultimately hurts the children here.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

No, I agree with you…… mostly.

As I said it’s not how I would have handled the situation.

I guess the father should be ashamed of himself is my point.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

No, I agree with you…… mostly.
I’m glad you agree the OP missed an opportunity to be a parent and acted selfishly.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I’d say he acted out of outrage and disgust, not selfishness. I can’t blame him for these natural emotions in the situation.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I would have come up with a compromise: Tobacco flavored ice pops for both of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Great idea, you available this weekend? I need a babysitter.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Great idea, you available this weekend? I need a babysitter.

Sure, got the kid a Montecristo pop and some whisky.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Deal, as long as there’s no sacrifices to Moloch planned. Also the little nas x YouTube filter has to remain.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join