It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes or ice for your child

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

All we know is ThatDamnDuckAgain's account of what happened.

Yes indeed, but unlike you I don't speculate about stuff like

what if this father already puts everybody and everything before himself. His comfort, his sleep, his free time, his salary...and all he wants in return is his cigarettes?

Maybe the reason that his bank account is empty is because his wife ordered the third pair of shoes that month without telling him and he feels it is not his fault that his son now can't get an ice-cream.

I relayed the story like it was, there is not much one can misunderstand about it. It was an easy decision:

2 packs of cigarets and a dissapointed son
1 pack of cigarets and a kept promise

But at least a bit speculation for me:

I doubt if he can buy cigs that he could not went back the other day with 35c and buy the second box of cigs.

You're clutching at straws to justify your position, which is okay but don't make stuff up.

ETA: Heck we don't even know if he was buying the cigarettes for himself

Oh he had smokey breath but of course it could have been for someone else. Like 1:50 chance.
edit on 25.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Hey whatever floats your goat.

Let's just say a judge usually likes to hear both sides of a story before passing judgement.

You achieved a small group of people willing to kick this guy's ass with only your personal account of what happened.

Cool...

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well I think you're an awesome person and I would have done the same exact thing if I didn't have the 35c on me to help them out. I mean two packs of cigarettes and can't put one back? And you would think if he was buying them for someone, with someone else's money, he would have explained that...don't know how young the child was, but I explain stuff like this to my 5 year old all the time. "No... we are just here to get grandma's stuff she needs. We aren't here for us." Not make a promise to get the kid something and not get it. You also set an excellent example for your daughter to help others.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Dude I asked if I am the idiot and I go by what most write. You are heard and I understand your arguments but you're taking this a bit too far with your fantasy.

You're just speculating, I did zero speculation on the guy. When he approached me outside his smoke breath was like a punch to my face. Of course I did not write this in the op because why would I?

The only thing I said to him is that his nicotine addiction seems to be more important than the ice for his son. I would have said nothing if he did not approach me. I would have forgotten about it, made no thread but he had to approache me and then show me the bird.

So I just go by majority, because my question was honest. I see your side but you make things up that could or not could be, you are the one speculating here, not me.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then most of the time it IS a duck. Oh also smelled like a duck.

But for a short moment, let's pretend the cigs were not for him. I will join your speculations. There are two possibilities now:

- He had the money from someone else:
Why did he promise and not take enough money with him. #ing 35 cents.

- He bought the cigs from his own money and would get it back later:
Why did he put somebody else over his son? If 20 cigarette are not enough to stay afloat and out of cold turkey until grabbing those 35c needed for the cigaretts, oh well then I think there are far bigger problems than his unkept promise.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Me thinks some people here at ATS just like to argue.
That’s ok, I’m new here and learning....

What ThatDamnDuckAgain did was awesome!

Period, done.....stick a fork in it!!

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The other pack of cigs could have been for the boys mother, hey at least they aren’t junkies, such is the world. Enough speculations from me..

You're clutching at straws to justify your position, which is okay but don't make stuff up.

Please tell that to the NWO pushing the vaccines on everyone!

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That is really super sweet of you. Your daughter is awesome too; witty responses are my favorite.

I had kind of an opposite thing happen one day.A Mom and Dad were buying beer, and for their Daughter a toy and snacks. They didn’t have enough money and decided to put the beer back. I paid for the beer and told them: the parents have to have fun sometimes too. They followed me to my car and told me if I needed something to call. I told them to just help someone out in future.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

That's very nice from you

If I do something like this I always tell them to "pass forward" to the next in need, when the time arrives.

Karma.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Should have offered the kid a cigarette

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

Ahhhh the last refuge of a person not being able to have a normal discussion.

argumentum ad hominem

No I am not triggered and I will leave your thread alone if all you wanted was praise and confirmation.

Have fun now.

There is a saying that applies to your numerous posts: you are beating a dead horse.
You stated your position; which you see differently- which is valid and respected. Then you have gone on and on ad nauseam; just let it be.

Your avatar looks kind of like the actor Edward Norton; my absolute favorite.

edit on 25-9-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

Ahhhh the last refuge of a person not being able to have a normal discussion.

argumentum ad hominem

No, it's because you now start to make things up, with that post of yours. Why argue further?

Ad hominem tsss, that cracks me up.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You did exactly right. I commend you.

Some time just before the pandemic, I was at a grocery store. The couple in front of me had all the makings of a birthday party. Cake, chips, sandwich stuff, candles. The woman was breaking down in tears putting back one item at a time trying to get the total down under the amount of money she had.

I had taken home a generous chunk of tip money for the week earlier that day. I had a pocket full of ones and gives. I said "excuse me, ma'am. Please take this." and handed her the entire wad. She cried even harder. The cashier got everything they had put back and rang it up. The couple was left with a surplus of money afterwards and tried to give it back to me. Absolutely not. You keep that. Just because you afforded everything today, doesn't mean something won't pop up tomorrow. Maybe you'll need gas to get to work. We got your son's birthday handled. That money is for you now.

My philosophy is that small acts like yours can completely change someone's life. You'll never learn if it did, but that isn't why you did it anyways.

Always do the right thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Awesome

My philosophy is that small acts like yours can completely change someone's life. You'll never learn if it did, but that isn't why you did it anyways.

I don't want to make it into a contest but your act was truly awesome. You saved a whole birthday, I just gave an ice to a boy.

My deepest respect.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't see a difference between them. Keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
Your avatar looks kind of like the actor Edward Norton; my absolute favorite.

I also like Edward Norton...haven't heard a lot from him lately though.

My avatar should be Hunter S. Thompson as played by Johnny Depp from Fear an Loathing in Las Vegas.

I'm currently working on an upgrade of this one as suggested by our favorite moderator JohnnyAnonymous.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Me thinks some people here at ATS just like to argue.

YA THINK???

If it wasn't for all us blowhards in here keeping this place blown up with hot air all the time this place would deflate like an inflate-a-mate at Nerd Camp!

edit on 9/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join