It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why anti-vaxxers are twisting the facts behind the Chantix recall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Last post last try to explain the issue.

When semantics are used to lead readers down a false path to score a point, it's the same with vaccine what you're doing.

The part was 3 cents, not the exchange, period. Get a grip on reality. The report the mechanic writes takes around five to ten minutes and the manufacture pays for the whole replacement. Those five to ten minutes will be swallowing those 3 cents by a huge factor. They come with a time schedule. They tell you how much time you get to replace it and what you get for the time. The part comes for free.

The customer, you, sees nothing of this process, which tells me you are not qualified to discuss this topic with me, because you don't grasp it and sew false information.

The end.
edit on 24.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Are you too busy being right to even read what is written?

They knew for 10 years and chose not to do anything.

Here, read the same thing again and see if you can spot the bit where it says it could have altered the design and it would have cost 3c. No mention of taking it back or the cost of changing a part or the labour value of the mechanic fixing it was made.

Further support for a recall came in the June, 1980 issue of Mother Jones Magazine which provided evidence indicating Ford knew for "at least 10 years" that transmission slippage was "killing people." Yet, in 1971, it "rejected design improvements" which would have cost 3 cents per car and would have resulted in an estimated 90% reduction in park-to-reverse repairs

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I could ask you the same, but justified. Nothing to do with the 3 cents, don't try moving goalposts. I condemned it in my first post already.

You clutch at straws in an argument you can't win. A couple hundred thousand -if not more- shops disagree with you. The article is intentionally written to be dramatic and you fell for it.

Own it.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think the world has changed over the past 20-30 years really. These big companies don't take the same kind of shady risks like they did in the past as getting caught is almost inevitable, look at the VW emmisions scandal.
a reply to: nonspecific

Is that sarcasm? Did you see what happened to the Sackers? They only got to keep about 4 billion dollars, they were also sentenced to immunity from further lawsuits. I have no idea how they will ever recover. Once they get out of prison. Oh wait they didn't go to prison.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What were the sackers?

I meant it in earnest but not exclusively if you follow.

I'm not saying they became less sinister more that they are more aware of how scandals can cause huge drops on profits.

a reply to: Uknownparadox

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Again, that's awful but it was still a long time ago.

I'm not injecting Fords into my body. Is that okay?

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

TextEven if it's just a fix to a lever on the steering wheel, it's not just 3 cents.

Doesn't matter what the cost was. They should have fixed it, or allowed people to return the car for a refund. This is why you can't trust any manufacture of products in the USA. They simply do not get any real punishment no matter what they do. Neither democrat or republican has tried to make big business pay for their accidental or intentional mistakes. They are allowed to get away with anything, with just a slap on the wrist.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Your body your choice dude.

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm glad it's not just me here.

I thought it was glaringly obvious.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I meant it in earnest but not exclusively if you follow.

No I don't follow.

I'm not saying they became less sinister more that they are more aware of how scandals can cause huge drops on profits.

Well good as long as they learned their lesson. I guess we can tell that to the 98,000 overdose deaths a year in the USA. Some of them graduates of opioids.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes I agree, I wrote it in my first post, no idea why it has to be brought up constantly to muddy the argument?

With all respect and what Ford did there was just ruthless for the sake of money....please stop spreading misinformation.

Does not change it is intentional misinformation for rage factor. That's what I do here, correcting misinformation. Now, before it becomes topic, I am not claiming nonspecific did it intentional, it's the article(s) doing this for reader rage factor. He is just uninformed about reality.

And of course it does not change the fact. I am rather tired of people like him, because I really have such customers, having no idea and citing such articles, completely ignoring that it's not just the part, someone has to replace it too.

A piston ring is a few cents, if there is a recall on them, the costs can easy break the 500$ mark. Often the manufacture will send a complete new engine if the replacement costs are higher than fixing it in house and send out replacement engines. Because you have to unmount it anyways for that above example.

@nonspecific, lol you still don't get it but nice try ignoring my very first sentence to you where I called out Ford for their decision. But hey, you can live in your fantasy. It's black on white and saved forever.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure anyone reading this will see the truth in it all.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yes, I am very sure about that, if it does not get killed you will see

Repeating lies does not make them true, I thought you learned that by now.
edit on 24.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The article is talking about an average cost per car to change something during the manufacturing process that would correct the problem. Not recalling and fixing existing cars.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I Quit Mirrors , Chantix , Covid-19 , and Lying with Smoking...........

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We're talking about cars...

If that isn't thread drift then I don't know what is...

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yeah but the article is also about years of years where cars are already on the road. That's by far the bigger margin.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

The MSM can kiss my latino arse for what I care, they are nothing but nazis on pharma payroll, the bonuses most be very lucrative.

Pfizer of all the big pharmas have the worst record on misleading advertisement, they lie, cheat and put people in danger with their crap, is records of the pay outs because of for Pfizer is not about safety but profits.

And this is the same pharma that we must trust our bodies to be injected with more crap?

Really? people need to understand that Pfizer is no here to save anybody but their pockets.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Quit Mirrors , Chantix , Covid-19 , and Lying with Smoking...........

I bet your life is boring as hell...

I just have a hard time with a statement like... Millions are dying and not being reported... So how the hell does anyone know millions are dying then?

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Pfizer of all the big pharmas have the worst record on misleading advertisement, they lie, cheat and put people in danger with their crap, is records of the pay outs because of for Pfizer is not about safety but profits.

They have like 400 drugs on the market, so all their drugs are bad, or based on bad intent? Also mRNA is so much bigger than just Pfizer, so are all of them bad too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join