It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are losing meaningful things

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I miss going to used CD Stores. I'd spend hours just combing through thousands & thousands of CDs, most of which I'd never heard of, but every now & then you'd stumble upon a small treasure. Possibly something you immediately knew was a treasure, or others that you might buy only because of the case, and then eventually realize later that it was a great find.

Scrolling through the images online just isn't the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

A library is just a giant card catalogue. Learn the Dewey Decimal system and bam... there you go.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I remember when Colonel Kilgore had an actual horse instead of them new fangled hell-ee-copters.

And a sabre and musket. Back when real men killed one another eyball-to-eyeball. None of this modern push a button sissy killin.

Man....thanks for memory lane AM.

Oh damn, Ye Olde Winch is calling me. I gotta go hitch up the ponies and mosey into town for some lard. Gotta feed the 15 yunguns ya know.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

There is this place called Old World Wisconsin. It is an outdoor living museum.
There is one house on the property where kids can do old times chores.
You have never seen so many kids fight to sweep the porch. I do think there is something missing.

The problem is a lot of those old things are a lot of work. Another example I have a really good dishwasher, but sometimes there is something about washing dishes by hand.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I find comical the idea that folks buy houses with fireplaces , yet never use them .

Houses have been around since the 1800's with decorative fireplaces. I have four that don't do anything to warm the house and are only for show.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Oh damn, Ye Olde Winch is calling me. I gotta go hitch up the ponies and mosey into town for some lard. Gotta feed the 15 yunguns ya know.

When yer there stop by the general store and pick me up some flax oil, laudanum and tincture of arsenic, the missus is feeling under the weather.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My dishwasher just quit. Her hands were getting to arthritic.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Will do...I just skinned a bunch of beaver so we gonna party like its 1799!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This post reminds me of my favorite part of the tv show 60 minuets. It was the very last part done by Andy Rooney. I enjoyed his thoughts on society even as a young child. I agree that sometimes the tools of the pre-computer era are very thought out and unique. When we have that giant solar flare, only the people born earlier then 1994 will have the upper hand.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

My dishwasher just quit. Her hands were getting to arthritic.

You guys are all ornery early this morning, must have been that good moon last night that helped us all sleep.
Went outside and the moon was so bright and the stars too.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Will do...I just skinned a bunch of beaver so we gonna party like its 1799!

When the word 'Prince' really would have been referring to royalty.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Went outside and the moon was so bright...

Unlike the membership...

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The old skill sets are still important, ask the Amish, they'll tell you while they are dressing out some chickens.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm in the UK so its beer time here.

Some posts....hell all of em nowadays, bring out my smartassery.

Its annoying I know, but I like to giggle to myself like I am funny. Cuz, well, its all going to hell-ina-handbasket over here.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The old skill sets are still important, ask the Amish, they'll tell you while they are dressing out some chickens.

Great idea, let me give them a call on my Android.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Can you imagine getting a bunch of kids that just graduated high school and having them dress a chicken, or butcher some meat. They would probably cry and claim it is abuse, and then become vegetarians.

Want to talk about a lost art, butchering meat!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Unless your name is Andrew, or Harry. Then you are just a klingon in an expensive suit.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I'm in the UK so its beer time here.

Some posts....hell all of em nowadays, bring out my smartassery.

Its annoying I know, but I like to giggle to myself like I am funny. Cuz, well, its all going to hell-ina-handbasket over here.

Are you a Brit? If so I was having a discussion with my daughter last night and she was curious if you guys thought Americans have “cute” accents like we think Brits do?

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Can you imagine getting a bunch of kids that just graduated high school and having them dress a chicken, or butcher some meat. They would probably cry and claim it is abuse, and then become vegetarians.

Want to talk about a lost art, butchering meat!

Ask them to bone a chicken. Then wait a few moments for the shock to wear off and explain what it really means.

link   

Ask them to bone a chicken. Then wait a few moments for the shock to wear off and explain what it really means.

I’m dead

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join