It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's for Dinner?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Tonight we're just doing something simple and fun.

If you're a food snob...Don't read this!

If you're a health nut...Don't read this!

If you're vegan...don't read this!

If you paleo...don't read this!

If you don't like Croc Pots...don't read this!
(see the trend here? Just simple, tasty and fun.)

A friend of mine called this "Swedish meatballs", but it's about the furthest thing from Swedish Meatballs you can get, but it does have meatballs in it (only similarity).

It's basically a sauce made from Apple Jelly (some call for grape, but grape is too sweet for me), Heinz Chili Sauce, some chili garlic sauce, some onion powder (and I add a little chopped garlic to it). Heat the sauce in a pan until everything is fully mixed and then dump it in a crock pot. Dump in a package of frozen meatballs (of your choice, or home made if you like). Cook this mixture for about 4-5 hours on "Low". And serve.

You can serve it over pasta, or rice, or nothing at all. I wouldn't eat it all the time, but every now and then it's great, and the next day the meatballs are even good on sammiches (that is IF you have any left over).

Not my recipe, just passing it along. Works great for pot lucks or appetizers for a large group.

The trick to this one is cooking the meatballs in the sauce for a long time (low and slow) so their flavor gets integrated into the sauce

Note: Did I put enough disclaimers at the top to keep from getting flamed for a simple-easy snack or meal? I can add some more if someone wishes.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I had it with the little sausages and it is sooo good! Only had it with the grape jelly.

& are you still sore from the biscuit discussion!!

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That may have been where it originated from, probably a Boy Scout / Girl Scout thing, but you should try it with meatballs. It's really good.

I can only take so many little smokies at one sitting.

I actually contemplated adding some of them to tonight's croc pot just for the smoke flavor, but they're a little greasy for me. I guess you could add a little liquid smoke if you're going for the smoky flavor.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If you used the food snob, health nut, vegan-paleo grape jelly you would like it more

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Little Red Smokies.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Tonight: pulling a vac pac of brisket from last month out and throwing down birria.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

That may have been where it originated from, probably a Boy Scout / Girl Scout thing, but you should try it with meatballs. It's really good.

I can only take so many little smokies at one sitting.

I actually contemplated adding some of them to tonight's croc pot just for the smoke flavor, but they're a little greasy for me. I guess you could add a little liquid smoke if you're going for the smoky flavor.

I’m not a big meatball person, but don’t laugh, I love IKEA meatballs! Absolutely love them.

I was a scout mom for both boy & Girl Scouts. One year I was in charge of the meal planning for the girls…..
Let’s just say I go a little overboard with cooking sometimes. Well I told the parents what to bring and ordered those little
Girls around just like a commercial restaurant. We ended up with a gourmet meal. The troop lodging with us were from the city with two inexperienced “leaders”, guess what they had for dinner? CEREAL!!!! They were all dying smelling our food. Yes we did share some with them!

PS. If something does go down, electrical storm, asteroid, war etc. I really don’t think city people will fare well especially in regards to food and cooking survival.

edit on 16-9-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I had it with the little sausages and it is sooo good! Only had it with the grape jelly.

If you think it's good with little smokies, the frozen meatballs are 10x more delicious. I think the ones I had were frozen "swedish" meatballs versus regular, but slow cooked in that sauce, omg.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Tonight I'm having Beef Stroganov. It is a very simple dish but the flavor is TOP NOTCH.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Alexander the Great

Love stroganoff. With chuck cubes especially.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alexander the Great
Tonight I'm having Beef Stroganov. It is a very simple dish but the flavor is TOP NOTCH.

I want to hear how you make it, i've tasted it many ways and there is a huge stroganoff range!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
We have French onion soup for dinner. It's just delicious! And I took the recipe to the Cooking Guide how-to-boil.com... .
edit on 19-9-2021 by RukOLL0 because: translation

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RukOLL0
У нас на ужин французский луковый суп. Это просто объедение! А рецепт взяла на Руководство по приготовлению пищи how-to-boil.com... .

Translation:
We have French onion soup for dinner. It's just delicious! And I took the recipe on the Cooking Guide

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Weekend: smoked a pork butt on Friday night, a whole chicken on Saturday, and a beef shoulder roast on Sunday. Meal prep for the week is done. We will do dinners of fried rice and fried noodles, maybe some pasta. Making pupusitas on Saturday.

Last night i velveted some top round roast steaks and made cheese steak sandwiches with it. Used some smoked hatch jack cheese i've been aging the last 2 months, with cream cheese smeared on the top bread piece. They were really good...jalapeno instead of bell, fajita seasoning on the meat....Texas Cheesesteak.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

a whole chicken on Saturday

People are so used to store rotisserie that they don't know what good home cooked/grilled chicken tastes like.
I don't like store rotisserie at all, many places it's mushy, other places the flavoring addivites are weird.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join