It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching VMA It's official I'm old

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

You will like this one, I gots the lyrics for ya.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When your daughter, now 30, says the 80's had some of the best music, then you know today's music is garbage. I saw a snippet from Stephen Crowder's show where they had a clip of some performer on a "cross" and someone facing them gyrating. Simply disgusting.

Satanic....yes.
edit on 14-9-2021 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That’s false. Are there producers that write a lot of pop tunes? Yes. But you are misinformed. There’s no specific octave or pitch or timbre or scale or tempo. 70% is not written by the same European producers.

Artists and airplay have never been about being good music. It’s about the manager, the label, the marketing the PR. You said you don’t know much about music, you’re misinformed

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Where is the talent?

It died somewhere between the Spice Girls movie, and 2000. Take your year pick, lol.

I getcha, Jag, I can't stand the modern stuff. They ALL sound identical, like there's some specific octave/pitch/whatever (I'm not musically inclined here, so...) that is at hand for the "Cookie Cutter" voices. I can't tell even rock bands apart anymore, they all. sound. the. same.

Now here is an interesting factoid. Something like 70% of all the top pop songs that you hear today are written by a small collective of middle-aged Scandinavian white men called...something (they have a name for this collective). I seriously read this in The Atlantic, it was a fascinating piece. Then, all of the songs get fed into a computer which analyzes...stuff (I know, I'm being pretty specific and all sciency here...try to keep up). The 'stuff' is analyzed and the computer either approves or disapproves the song. If it is approved, it's sent off and farmed out to a "talent" to sing, record (with autotune, of course) and promote. There is also an industry standard called "pay to play". You don't just get a song on the radio anymore because it's good...you pay a lot of money in order to get that airplay. So yes, there is a clear homogeny to the sound because of this and other factors. It's not about music really, it's about profit.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My son, who is 16 has discovered The Damned. I feel like I have dodged an ugly bullet.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The only concert I have ever gone to see was Santana in Detroit's Cobo Hall. I was 17 and it was a great experience. I still love their music.

I got married a couple months after that but not to the guy I went to the concert with. My hubby and I occasionally thought about going to concerts after that but never did. We would have loved to have seen Pink Floyd.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join