It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of Riga were horrified by shots and explosions in the city center

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

The Russian aircraft like a lot of their stuff is built like a brick # house and can land on any old piece of flat ground notice how the air intakes are on the top of the wing. I remember flying over Siberia back in "92 just musing on the amount of wood down there, I looked out the window and was suddenly looking at something like a Super Saber a few feet off the right side wing, with a Russian pilot checking us out. Then in a flash, he was gone, back to some airfield in that vastness. Russia was in a collapsed state after the fall of the Soviet Union, but the military wasn't and certainly not the airforce. but I will always remember the red star on that plane. A strangely poignant moment in time.I also wondered why aren't we friends.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: RussianTroll

Bet they were shocked when the Red Army arrived in 1940 too.

Cheers

You will lose your bet. Because it was the Latvians who, after a democratic vote in parliament, almost unanimously made the decision to join the USSR. There are many photographs of Latvians celebrating after the parliament passed this decision.
I don't like betting. in which the victory is obvious. It's not sporting. this is unfair.

Before or after being overrun by red army?

And were they allowed to later leave ussr, or did communist dictator send in more troops?

And that does not look ANYTHING like a nato exercise.

Is fake.

I wonder who faked it? In the video, the streets of Riga, the buildings are very recognizable, people speak Latvian, soldiers in NATO uniform, but for some reason in forest camouflage (it would be better to wear desert camouflage in the city), the statement of the press secretary of the Latvian Ministry of Defense is real. Take off your rosy propaganda glasses)))

Might be actual latvians doing stupid sh#t.

Is NOT NATO.

No U.S. military would behave in this way.

EVER.

And most of NATO's protocols are fashioned after U.S. doctrine.

Just more propaganda from your boss.

Please ask him if this means he now intends to send the red army to latvia again.

We'll send a few folks to greet vlad's invaders.

Oh, I will part you. These are precisely NATO servicemen and Americans. Ever since the Baltic countries became NATO members, scandals with drunken NATO soldiers in cities have sprung up from time to time. I can cite many examples and scandals, from rape to drunkenness and urination on monuments and streets of capitals.
For some time now, the Baltics in the West have been countries with cheap sex tourism. This is a great achievement.

So there are more pros then cons?

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

The Russian aircraft like a lot of their stuff is built like a brick # house and can land on any old piece of flat ground notice how the air intakes are on the top of the wing. I remember flying over Siberia back in "92 just musing on the amount of wood down there, I looked out the window and was suddenly looking at something like a Super Saber a few feet off the right side wing, with a Russian pilot checking us out. Then in a flash, he was gone, back to some airfield in that vastness. Russia was in a collapsed state after the fall of the Soviet Union, but the military wasn't and certainly not the airforce. but I will always remember the red star on that plane. A strangely poignant moment in time.I also wondered why aren't we friends.

I'm not knocking russian aircraft.

Just laughing at anyone who tries to compare the russian fleet to ours.

Like comparing a corvette to a big wheel (remember those?)

A former employer (and friend) purchased a mig 21 after the russian collapse.

I LOVED just walking around it, especially with some of the panels removed.

But refused to ever fly in it.

The owner is a multi billionaire that lives mostly like the rest of us, except the lambo his late father gave him as graduation gift (which he never drives unless giving someone else a thrill ride) and his mig.

Sent his corporate aircraft maintenance team to russia & poland several times to learn how to maintain it and spent quite a bit having higher quality American components produced to replace some of less reliable (dangerous) russian components.

Only flies it a couple times a year, and won't fly it over urban areas or open water (lives on lake michigan), but does let someone else fly it in a few air shows every year.

Is a remarkably simple machine.

Looks like ww2 engineering to my amateur eyes.

But that simplicity is a beautiful thing to see.

Would NEVER have been allowed in US fleet.

FAR too dangerous for our pilots.

Apparently the russians aren't as concerned about that.

Beautiful simplicity though.

A lot like ak47 in that way.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

notice how the air intakes are on the top of the wing.

Nope. Didn't notice that.
duckduckgo.com...
duckduckgo.com...
edit on 9/12/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Should have looked at the ones in Syria , turbines don't like sand up them. They are selling this one want to buy it?www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Your source:

The fighter jet features an unusually pointy nose and an engine intake below the cockpit.

"On top of the wing?" Nope.

edit on 9/12/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your source:

The fighter jet features an unusually pointy nose and an engine intake below the cockpit.

"On top of the wing?" Nope.

Can it fly inverted?

Does that count?

JK, I don't want any part of this one.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

They have quite the track record when it comes to using poison to assasinate targets.

Although polonium-210 was first isolated from uranium ores, today it can be artificially made by bombarding atoms of the metal bismuth with neutrons. According to an expert who testified to the Litvinenko enquiry, only one place in the world had a polonium “production line” – a closed nuclear facility in Sarov, just under 500 miles south-east of Moscow – and the sample used in the murder was highly likely to have come from here.

theconversation.com...

Not a lot of people have acces to that kind of material , Western powers sure wouldnt eliminate such assets such as Litvinenko for some long game.

Here a article from Bellingcat regarding the Skripal poisoning, naming a Gru agent
www.bellingcat.com...

edit on 12-9-2021 by TheGreazel because: Whoops

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: HawkEyi

They have quite the track record when it comes to using poison to assasinate targets.

Although polonium-210 was first isolated from uranium ores, today it can be artificially made by bombarding atoms of the metal bismuth with neutrons. According to an expert who testified to the Litvinenko enquiry, only one place in the world had a polonium “production line” – a closed nuclear facility in Sarov, just under 500 miles south-east of Moscow – and the sample used in the murder was highly likely to have come from here.

theconversation.com...

Not a lot of people have acces to that kind of material , Western powers sure wouldnt eliminate such assets such as Litvinenko for some long game.

Here a article from Bellingcat regarding the Skripal poisoning, naming a Gru agent
www.bellingcat.com...

Russian leaders used to casually brag about how good they are at murdering their enemies with various types of poisons.

Completely absurd for russian trolls to now claim that russians haven't done that.

Repeatedly.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join