It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter S Thompson Sentiment on 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There has been a loooong sought out effort to usurp the USA from within. Some people have been more keen to the manipulation in media and statistics than others. HST was obviously a man of his own accord. I often see him as his own antagonist in every facet I've seen him. Anyways, he had penned some words on 9/11 as well as the day after which ended up in his book, "Hey Rube".

In order to preface a little bit, I would like to point out how the media during covid was all about deaths, deaths, and more deaths, up until recently where they moved to case load. The leap here that I'm trying to make is, look at how the media reported the deaths with 9/11.. on the night of the event and the day leading up to it, I do remember seeing reports of 10's of thousands of possible dead. HST also had mentioned that within his writings:

Fear And Loathing in America: The Beginning of the End:
It was just before dawn in Woody Creek when the first bomb hit New York City this morning, and as usual, I was writing about sports. But not for long. Football suddenly seemed irrelevant, compared to the scenes of destruction and utter devastation coming out of New York on TV.
Even ESPN was broadcasting war news. It was the worst disaster in the history of the United States, Including Pearl Harbor, the San Francisco earthquake, and probably the battle of Antietam in 1862, where 23,000 American soldiers were slaughtered in one day.
The battle of the World Trade Center lasted about 99 minutes and cost 20,000 lives in two hours (according to unofficial estimates as of midnight on Tuesday). The final numbers, including those from the supposedly impregnable Pentagon, across the Potomac River from Washington, will likely be higher. Anything that kills 300 trained firefighters in two hours is a world-class disaster.

So, the media had always been trying to make an already horrible situation even more sensational in order to make sure that the people are watching their view of the story. Hell, even ESPN got in on the action.

The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the U.S. or any other country. Make no mistake about it: we are at War now — with somebody — and we will stay At War with that strange and mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives.
It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be guerrilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines and no identifiable enemy. Osama bin Laden will be a primitive ”figurehead” — or even dead, for all we know — but whoever put those all-American jet planes loaded with all-American fuel into the 110-story-high Twin Towers and the Pentagon did it with chilling precision and accuracy. …
We are going to punish somebody for this attack, but just who or where will be blown to smithereens for it is hard to say. Maybe Afghanistan, maybe Pakistan or Iraq, or possibly all three at once. Who knows? Not even the Generals in what remains of the Pentagon or the New York papers calling for WAR seem to know who did it or where to look for them.
It is going to be a very expensive war, and Victory is not guaranteed — for anyone, and certainly not for a baffled little creep like George W. Bush. All he knows is that his father started the war a long time ago, and that he, the goofy child president, has been chosen by Fate and the global Oil industry to finish it off. He can declare a National Security Emergency and clamp down Hard on Everybody, no matter where they live or why. If the guilty won’t hold up their hands and confess, he and the Generals will ferret them our by force.
Good luck. He is in for a profoundly difficult job — armed as he is with no credible Military Intelligence, no witnesses, and only the ghost of Bin Laden to blame for the tragedy.

I remember the media after 911 talking about a "new normal" with "temporary" TSA checkpoints put in airports "in order to root out terrorism". Well 20 years later, WE STILL HAVE THE CHECKPOINTS.

With that being said, I knew that this whole pandemic was a farce due to the same term of "new normal" with masks and mandatory vaccinations. It's just been a loooong, painful, drawn out killing of individual liberties. As pointed out in another thread, the fruit is ripe for another huge FF event..

Okay. It is 24 hours later now, and we are not getting much information about the five Ws of this thing. Not even the numbers of dead and wounded can be established. CNN reports “more than 800 people standing in line to donate blood at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Greenwich Village, but only fewer than 500 victims brought to the Emergency Room”. The numbers don’t add up. I am confused.

The numbers out of the Pentagon are baffling, as if Military Censorship had already been imposed on the Media. It is ominous. The only news on TV comes from weeping victims and ignorant speculators.

The lid is on. Loose Lips Sink Ships. Don’t say anything that might give aid to The Enemy.
-Hunter S. Thompson. (HEY RUBE) Owl Farm, Sept 12,2001

I started this thread wanting to make some simple correlations between then and now.. Sadly I can write a damn novel while unpacking this..

After how effective 911 was, this has imo, turned into their wheelhouse...

Everybody, we are all in this together. Remember, we are not in the club..

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hunter S Thompson has been one of my favorite writers and thinkers since I was young.
Thanks for reminding me about him, and just how insightful he was. I think it's time to pull out one of his classics.

S&F

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
He was the only reason I bought Rolling Stone for a long time.

Great writer, indeed. Accurate, all the time? Meh.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

Same here! I often got into trouble for doing his books for book reports in high school. One year, I had a teacher purposely assign which books we did reports on in order to avoid my s#!ţ

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Bottom line on all this is that... The CIA and FBI were derelict in their professional and security manners/duties regarding the safety of Americans on that day.

The fact is , those that were in the shadow of all this are probably buried somewhere, because the Orchestrators of this would never allow those involved to remain alive. This much is true even in the Mafioso world of crime.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I thank him for encouraging me in my youth to huff ether. You should all thank him for that too.
If not for that I would be ruling over all you simps.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration

including those from the supposedly impregnable Pentagon,

I was in the military. It’s a glorified office building built as fast as possible. During WWII if I remember correctly. It’s like the Capitol building, just full of military brass. Not politicians.

The truth movement and it’s lies.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Let's face it if we had 9/11 happen now about 81 million Americans would be clamouring we deserved worse.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: SoundisVibration

including those from the supposedly impregnable Pentagon,

I was in the military. It’s a glorified office building built as fast as possible. During WWII if I remember correctly. It’s like the Capitol building, just full of military brass. Not politicians.

The truth movement and it’s lies.

Yes but it's not like it wasn't renovated over the years, and was in the process of updating during 9/11 and some of the upgrades were responsible for saving lives if you believe these accounts

The Pentagon is divided into five wedges, and the renovation project was going wedge by wedge when terrorists flew American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, Sept. 11, 2001, killing 189 people. The plane hit in Wedge 3, where renovations had just completed, but only about 800 out of the 4,500 people who normally would have been working there had moved back into their offices. And the new sprinkler system, extra structural support and blast-resistant windows helped to keep the building damage to a minimum, likely saving additional lives.

www.defense.gov...

I didn't know #2 and some of the other stuff

Why is the Pentagon, you know, a pentagon?
The land the Pentagon was first planned to go on was bordered on five sides by roads, so the architects designed a five-sided building. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt was worried putting the building at that location would interfere with the view of Washington from Arlington Cemetery, so he chose to move it to its present location, but he kept the five-sided design.
Sept. 11 has a double significance for the Pentagon.
Builders broke ground for the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 1941, exactly 60 years before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
The Pentagon is big. Reallllly big.
A photo of the Pentagon and surrounding roads and parking lots in 1947.
It’s the world’s largest low-rise office building. The entire U.S. Capitol building could fit inside any of the building’s five wedges. It has 6,500,000 square feet of office space (three times the floor space in the Empire State Building!), 7,754 windows and 17 1/2 miles of corridors. Yet, its spoke-and-ring design means it takes only about 7 minutes to walk between the furthest two points in the building.
The builders were frugal with their materials.
During construction, the builders were able to conserve enough steel to build a battleship. And the 689,000 tons of sand and gravel used to make the building’s reinforced concrete – including 41,000 concrete pilings – came from the nearby Potomac River.
Until 2011, there was only one passenger elevator in the Pentagon. And it was reserved for the defense secretary.
A 17-year-long renovation project that finished in 2011 saw 70 passenger elevators installed in the building. Until then, people who couldn’t use stairs used long ramps to move between floors. The ramps are still there, but the rumors of office chair races are greatly exaggerated.
That renovation project? It probably saved thousands of lives.
Construction crews work on floors and walls at the Pentagon
The Pentagon is divided into five wedges, and the renovation project was going wedge by wedge when terrorists flew American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, Sept. 11, 2001, killing 189 people. The plane hit in Wedge 3, where renovations had just completed, but only about 800 out of the 4,500 people who normally would have been working there had moved back into their offices. And the new sprinkler system, extra structural support and blast-resistant windows helped to keep the building damage to a minimum, likely saving additional lives.
The Pentagon was the first desegregated building in Virginia.
The Pentagon was designed when segregation was the law in Virginia. But Roosevelt had signed an executive order the previous year, which forbade discrimination against government workers on the basis of race, creed, color or national origin. So the Pentagon became the only building in Virginia where segregation was not enforced. Because segregation was state law, the Pentagon was built with twice as many bathrooms as needed for a desegregated building of its size.
It was constructed in record time.
More than 15,000 workers were on site around the clock, and wartime office space shortages meant that workers moved in before the Pentagon was fully finished. Construction finished on Jan. 15, 1943, just 16 months after it started. Speed costs money, though: Initially budgeted at $35 million, the final cost was $63 million, more than $900 million in today’s money.
The same guy oversaw construction of the Pentagon and the atomic bomb.
Col. Leslie Groves, an Army Corps of Engineer officer, took charge of the Pentagon’s construction in August 1941. He worked six days a week in his office in Washington. Then on Sundays, he would visit the project he felt most needed his personal attention. Groves later said of his time at the Pentagon that he was “hoping to get to a war theater so I could find a little peace.” Instead, he was assigned to direct the Manhattan Project – America’s effort to build an atomic bomb.
For a while, there was a secret crash pad in the Pentagon.
A man stands in front of an architectural plan hanging on a wall.
Grove was widely known as a tough boss. One of his deputies, Army Maj. Robert Furman, had to be at the Pentagon at all hours of the day and night. Sometimes he’d go days without going home at all. In order to get some sleep, Furman had the Pentagon contractors build a secret apartment between the walls of what would become the Army’s Ordnance Division. He and some of Grove’s other deputies would use the apartment to grab a few z’s, shower and get back to work. Furman continued to use the apartment on official trips back to Washington while he served as an intelligence officer on the Manhattan Project, but was forced to hand over the keys in 1943 when he was discovered by ordnance officers while leaving the apartment.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Ok?

What does any of your post have to do with “ impregnable Pentagon, ”?

It is under the security of watch standers.

But how many people enter and leave the Pentagon each day? Including visitors and civilian contractors?

Some 23,000 military and civilian employees,[7] and another 3,000 non-defense support personnel, work in the Pentagon.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

A building designed to allow the daily flow of 26,000 coming and going is “ impregnable”. I would go with heavily screen and monitored. “Not impregnable”

Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, hosts more than 106,000 visitors

pentagontours.osd.mil...

The “impregnable” Pentagon, before covid 19, hosted over 100,000 visitors a year?

And was never designed to be an armed fortress.

Shrugs….
edit on 11-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I’ll give you a little secret. I was involved in more that one or two watch details while in the military. We were armed. Just no ammo.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hunter S Thompson was part of the pedo club.

educate-yourself.org...

He thought he would be caught so he offed himself.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
"It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides."

What a load of BS from a commie who was supposedly insightful.

The only jihad right now, the only one in living memory, is a Muslim one. The only merciless fanatics in this forever war are Muslim. Countless Muslims would unhesitatingly detonate a nuke on Israel, America or any Western nation if they could. Anyone keeping up with world events for the last 20 years knows this.

edit on 12-9-2021 by Scapegrace because: typo and a little wordsmithing

new topics

top topics

join