It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Time Today To Remember

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Today is the 20th anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center.

I put this in Above Politics because no matter what your view, be it conservative, liberal, independent, or what ever you believe. This should be above politics, on this day we should take time to remember those that died either in the attack it's self, responding to save lives, or service men and women who gave their life, limbs, and in some instances their sanity to hunt down, and kill the murderous coward bastards that sneak around to kill innocent people for no good reason.

Although those that actually committed the action in my view aren't the ones who paid for and planned it, those will never face justice. We should honor those who lost their lives for others and our country.

So take time in your day to say a prayer for them all, or if you don't believe in anything at least acknowledge them.

edit on 11-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TomCollin

I am currently watching and cant stop watching National Geographics documentary

9/11: One Day in America

It is 6 parts and total run time of 6.5hours

It has stories of loss, love, bravery and compassion

It has made me tear up a good few times

The FDNY deserve so much praise for the bravery in such impossible circumstances

its currently showing all day in the UK on national geographic but I think it can also be streamed

911-one-day-in-america

Love shall always be shared to the brave who risk their lives to save others

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Spot on my friend. Every 9/11 I try to watch some documentaries. I think it drives my wife a bit mad because it brings back so much emotion which I understand. I just feel that it’s a way for me to make sure I honor all of those that died that day. It’s important for me to never forget. I never want today to just be a normal day where I don’t do something to remember that day.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

I watch every time i see something on it. what really gets me is seeing the people that jumped.
One can only imagine what their thoughts were, and it probably was they didn't want to die in a fire or from the smoke.

But I like to think that they are saying to the cowards that did it, F==k You, I'll go out my way and your BS will fail.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I chose to remember the feeling of unity we had immediately following the attacks. We were the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and we were pissed off, but we didn't look at other Americans any other way then as equals, at least for a short time.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't like to watching the MSM narrative of what they want you to believe happened. Don't really have the time for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Been watching some on different networks. Some are really heart breaking.
There's one that comes on every year, that a guy was videoing it from his home and starts talking about a guy hanging out a window, waving for help. Then you hear him say he fell, and you can hear in his voice how it affected him.
Can't help tearing up.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I bought into the official story for 5 years.

It turns out all the facts, including the laws of physics and aerodynamics work against that story.

Pretending the official story is true is not for me.

Sympathies to all those who were killed and radiated at WTC, but the official story is hogwash.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes that is true, the country came together for a time. That was a great thing, but as you said it was just a short time.
If I go into why it was only a short time, it would turn into a politics thread. That's not what this one is about.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin
a reply to: network dude

Yes that is true, the country came together for a time. That was a great thing, but as you said it was just a short time.
If I go into why it was only a short time, it would turn into a politics thread. That's not what this one is about.

a roller coaster ride only lasts a few minutes, but the memory lasts a lot longer. Hold on to that.
And pray we can see it again, but without the horrific catalyst.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I think everybody knows that the Official and MSM narrative is not the truth. I alluded to that in OP. The interviews with people that were there and survived, or the stories from service members I tend to believe.

Everyone one is not a crisis actor, and there's no way they can edit the emotions that are seen by those telling their stories.
I refuse to believe that there are that many people that can lie well enough to fool all the general public.

They say that a good lie incorporates elements of truth, you just have to look past the obvious lies to see it.

edit on 11-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

I've been watching documentaries released recently, and movies on it.

No matter how many times I see that plane hit the first tower, it stops my heart for a beat and I cannot fathom the reality of it. This after I watched it live on tv here, as it unfolded 20 years ago.

Truly something that will never be forgotten, and for those who survived, and those who's families were forever impacted, my heart goes out...

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

I watch every time i see something on it. what really gets me is seeing the people that jumped.
One can only imagine what their thoughts were, and it probably was they didn't want to die in a fire or from the smoke.

But I like to think that they are saying to the cowards that did it, F==k You, I'll go out my way and your BS will fail.

I can't even watch that footage. heartbreaking to know what was happening was worse than falling.

People, just at their job, doing another days work. suddenly faced with it. jesus christ..

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
I don't like to watching the MSM narrative of what they want you to believe happened. Don't really have the time for it.

Regardless of the narrative, almost 3000 people died that day.

that is not in dispute....

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

You are right about that. That people died in the attacks is not in dispute.

All the other facts are in dispute, but not that.

Who the actual perpetrators were is very much in dispute, as are many other things.

That is why the 911 Commission noted 60+ times that "we found no evidence" for various elements of the official narrative.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It was a morning not unlike today. High pressure, dry, cool air, although the sky was so much more blue than today.....ahem.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

God bless you Salander, and I hope you can come with terms there are many evil / corrupt governments and institutions. Not exclusive to one or two countries.

But this about honoring the real victims and those that risked life a limb to rescue those trapped.

Not your cry for attention. You gain more respect knowing when to post, and when not to post out of dignity for the dead and injured.
edit on 11-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 11-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here in England we went to our village Church today as a mark of remembrance and to express our solidarity with America.

Twenty years ago today our chimney sweep arrived and said to turn on the TV as "things are kicking off in America".

We did, just in time to see the second plane hit.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Today isn't about YOU.

I sad day indeed....a lot of people died.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Terrorists looking at our 9-11 annual events, all aspire to be the one who causes a "day of remembrance" for a huge attack, like their idol Osama has done.

Lets also have a huge celebration every year, entitled "Osama Bin Laden Hunted Down like a Dog" anniversary.

That would dampen the enthusiasm of Osama wanna-be's somewhat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join