It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars and flags for everyone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I'm pretty sure it's just be awesome and post awesome things.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That bug in the stars system happens in a specific circumstance, but I'm not going to say how to do it.

This is B#

Crush that bug... fix it, sort it out and then delete all yar and yer cronies's millions of stars into oblivion from whence they came from...

Kidding of course

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate
In summation for those who don't want to read a wall of text...

"I'm a whiney newbie who don't want to earn my stars and flags because earning stars and flags by posting meaningful and engaging topics is unfair and I'll whine about it nonetheless. Somebody... anybody... please love me?!"

If people want stars they just have to make a political thread or to make a post in a political thread and make their post(s) following the political trend of that thread, that way it's easy to get more than 30 stars, even with a post that is not meaningful or engaging.

🤫

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In summation for those who don't want to read a wall of text...

"I'm a whiney newbie who don't want to earn my stars and flags because earning stars and flags by posting meaningful and engaging topics is unfair and I'll whine about it nonetheless. Somebody... anybody... please love me?!"

If people want stars they just have to make a political thread or to make a post in a political thread and make their post(s) following the political trend of that thread, that way it's easy to get more than 30 stars, even with a post that is not meaningful or engaging.

🤫

I "applaud" you for your subtlety.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Without them i'd have no self esteem, recognition of my genius is everything.

Now shower me with obeisance and extolment.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

have a viirtual star. what the hell, have three. and a medal.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

My appreciation of your approbation is ayont interminable cognizance.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I only browse on mobile. I have no clue how many stars or flags I have or anyone else has. I don't see why it matters. Do they have a purpose?

Mobile also doesn't show avatars, or anything in that whole area. I think there's a setting for it that doesn't change anything. Meh.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

That's kind of where im coming from too. It's my first moniker where I've been playing arround with these self adulation tools like avatar, stats and the lots.

don't tell anyone, but I had alot of fun with this thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks for the headsup.

I guess my lazyness is preventing me from joining these discussion... So many posters to star, so much bipartisan bull# to read.
But if i need a boost I'll remeber to bash biden and praise trump.

Kind of the wrong incentives, unless that actually is what the majority of people here wants ATS and it's discussion culture to become.

Just another echo chamber.
edit on 11-9-2021 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Crush that bug... fix it, sort it out and then delete all yar and yer cronies's millions of stars into oblivion from whence they came from...

Kidding of course

I don't have access to the code, otherwise I could try to fix that bug, and I would prefer that we didn't have any stars.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

My appreciation of your approbation is ayont interminable cognizance.

Thanks for making me learn a new word.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Kind of the wrong incentives, unless that actually is what the majority of people here wants ATS and it's discussion culture to become.

The majority of the people that post in those threads.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
How about stars and flags for no one?

What is the point really?

We all know that some moronic comments get zillions of stars and the most deserving get very little or none. What is this proving or demonstrating? That people are generally irrational and have favourites and black sheep?

Wow, who knew...

No, better to have no signalling system at all and let the comments/threads stand in their own nakedness for people to appraise as they see fit. You can always post your admiration or criticism for a comment or a member if you like and people do do that.

What do people always say when this subject comes up? "Oh, I don't care about stars or flags."

So why not get rid?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I would love to see an extra option where you can reset your star,flag etc counter as you please.

I wonder how many people would use it.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I would totally star you.

The idea of kitchendoor is a good one too

I know I wouldn't reset, not yet. I need more therapy

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

it seems "," are not allowed in the signature. I find this discriminating towards the commakazes.

I got so frustrated I deleted my signature.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I have a "," in my signature.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Kreeate

it seems "," are not allowed in the signature. I find this discriminating towards the commakazes.

I got so frustrated I deleted my signature.

Just tried it myself. The comma disappears as soon as I click on "submit". Could be a glitch on our side.
I'll do the usual clearing of cache etc. and try again.

EDIT:Nope... semicolon is fine... comma is banned apparently. Wonder what mischief the comma got up to in order to deserve being banned from our signatures?

2nd EDIT: Now I suspect witchcraft... I just copied (Ctrl+C) and pasted (Ctrl+V) the comma from ArMaP's signature and it works. Witchcraft I tell you

3rd EDIT:
comma from ArMaP's signature = U+201A : SINGLE LOW-9 QUOTATION MARK [low single comma quotation mark]
Comma from regular keyboard = U+002C : COMMA [decimal separator]
edit on 13-9-2021 by Kreeate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join