It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems to me the PCR test violates the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.
My advice is if you are fired for lack of vaccine you have a case. Lawyer up.

"(1) Deciphering the sequence of the human genome and other advances in genetics open major new opportunities for medical progress. New knowledge about the genetic basis of illness will allow for earlier detection of illnesses, often before symptoms have begun. Genetic testing can allow individuals to take steps to reduce the likelihood that they will contract a particular disorder. New knowledge about genetics may allow for the development of better therapies that are more effective against disease or have fewer side effects than current treatments. These advances give rise to the potential misuse of genetic information to discriminate in health insurance and employment."

www.eeoc.gov...

"What is a COVID-19 PCR test?

The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 is a molecular test that analyzes your upper respiratory specimen, looking for genetic material (ribonucleic acid or RNA) of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Scientists use the PCR technology to amplify small amounts of RNA from specimens into deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), which is replicated until SARS-CoV-2 is detectable if present. The PCR test has been the gold standard test for diagnosing COVID-19 since authorized for use in February 2020. It’s accurate and reliable."

my.clevelandclinic.org...

"A team of prominent scientists has doubled down on its controversial hypothesis that genetic bits of the pandemic coronavirus can integrate into our chromosomes and stick around long after the infection is over. If they are right—skeptics have argued that their results are likely lab artifacts—the insertions could explain the rare finding that people can recover from COVID-19 but then test positive for SARS-CoV-2 again months later."

www.science.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is way above my knowledge of what the virus could do. I do know that viruses do alter genetics somewhat. But they have not really posted any research that clearly shows that this virus does that yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They indeed have posted research that the Covid 19 virus can incorporate itself into your DNA.

Here is one example:

"Further evidence supports controversial claim that SARS-CoV-2 genes can integrate with human DNA
After being challenged, research team provides more data to back its controversial hypothesis but the relevance to human health is unclear"

www.science.org...

The vaccines do not alter DNA that we know of so please don't accuse me of claiming that.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung
They indeed have posted research that the Covid 19 virus can incorporate itself into your DNA.

Here is one example:

"Further evidence supports controversial claim that SARS-CoV-2 genes can integrate with human DNA
After being challenged, research team provides more data to back its controversial hypothesis but the relevance to human health is unclear"

www.science.org...

The vaccines do not alter DNA that we know of so please don't accuse me of claiming that.

If vaccines do not alter DNA, then why do you think an employer requiring proof of vaccination is a violation of the Genetic Information Antidiscrimination Act? Knowing that you were vaccinated would not tell anyone anything about your genome.

Likewise, requiring a PCR test to show you are negative for the infection—before getting on an airplane, for example—supposedly shows whether you have viruses replicating inside you. It doesn’t show anything at all about your genome, whether you were previously vaccinated or not.

Not sure what you’re arguing here.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Because if they test you for covid they are looking for genetic information which could be due to live virus in body or virus integrating with your DNA.

If they mandate vaccination, they are forcing you to be injected with mRNA or DNA using genetic therapy technology.

Seems like it violates said act.

"These advances give rise to the potential misuse of genetic information to discriminate in health insurance and employment."

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

From the source:

"(4) Genetic information.--

(A) In general.--The term "genetic information" means, with respect to any individual, information about--

(i) such individual's genetic tests,

(ii) the genetic tests of family members of such individual, and

(iii) the manifestation of a disease or disorder in family members of such individual.

(B) Inclusion of genetic services and participation in genetic research.--Such term includes, with respect to any individual, any request for, or receipt of, genetic services, or participation in clinical research which includes genetic services, by such individual or any family member of such individual."

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One could argue that these "vaccinations" are genetic services.

And the covid tests can indeed be positive if the virus had incorporated itself into your DNA.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That said. Is it legal for an employer to mandate you take genetic therapy?

I think not. Even though these vaccines don't alter your genes they are using genetic therapy technology.
It is a therapy.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology

academic.oup.com...

and bingo

COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Show Gene Therapy is a Viable Strategy

"These findings, announced by Moderna on Nov. 16 and by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech on Nov. 9 (with an update on Nov. 18), demonstrate that gene therapy is a viable strategy for developing vaccines to combat COVID-19. Both vaccine candidates use mRNA to program a person's cells to produce many copies of a fragment of the virus. The fragment then stimulates the immune system to attack if the real virus tries to invade the body."

asgct.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I guess it was called Gene Therapy until they needed to rebrand it as vaccine for public consumption.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

One could argue that these "vaccinations" are genetic services.

And the covid tests can indeed be positive if the virus had incorporated itself into your DNA.

I’m not a lawyer, but……….

I don’t see that a vaccination is a genetic service within the definition of the law. It doesn’t require any knowledge whatsoever of the state of the vaccinated individual’s genome.

The PCR test tests for the activity of the virus’ genome. It doesn’t, by itself, test whether the virus genome has inserted itself into the host’s genome. In order to bring a successful lawsuit, it would seem to me you would have to prove that the virus had actually inserted its genetic material into your genome and that therefore knowing that the virus is active is actually knowing something about your genome. The implied argument here is that once the virus inserts its genetic material into you, it loses its identity and creates a new and bigger definition of “you”.

Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I do not believe the virus will get into the body genetic code, but the body reaction to the virus will, to me the jabs are the ones doing the genetic manipulation.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

There is debate over this:

"SARS-CoV-2 RNA reverse-transcribed and integrated into the human genome"
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zitterbewegung

Because if they test you for covid they are looking for genetic information which could be due to live virus in body or virus integrating with your DNA.

This seems like nitpicking over terms. If it incorporates into your DNA, isn't that basically the same as altering your DNA?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

www.science.org...

This is an extremely insightful article for several reasons, thanks for sharing it. Combine the information in their study with the information in this study (which the authors withdrew due to push back from other scientists). Both these studies have received the same type of push back despite the caliber of the researchers involved. The same thing happens to any scientist who investigates the lab leak theory or analyzes the sequences in SARS-CoV-2 to see if it was man-made.

The controversy has grown decidedly more civil since December. Both Young and Jaenisch say they received more intense criticism for their preprint than any studies in their careers, in part because some researchers worried it played into the hands of vaccine skeptics spreading false claims about the newly authorized mRNA vaccines.

Well it seems like a genuine question to me... does the spike protein created by the vaccine have this same sort of ability to convert RNA into DNA and integrate it into the human genome? Seems like a relatively easy concern to squash if that's not true. This type of crap only makes me think they are trying to cover something up.
edit on 5/9/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join