It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation about the Texas Abortion Ban

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
We're looking to pass a law here in my liberal state where, since vasectomies are reversible, we vasectomize every man of sperm-producing age and reverse said vasectomy only when he can prove that he is emotionally and financially stable enough to support a child.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks
It would be as unconstitutional as this law is.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Also, my biggest problem with the interjection of religion into our government.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Religion hates women having rights. Not suprising.

Taliban Texas.

Well
Still better than serving a queen I guess.

You can thank the French that you dont have too.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
It would be as unconstitutional as this law is.

Yes it would be.
edit on 5-9-2021 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

We're looking to pass a law here in my liberal state where, since vasectomies are reversible, we vasectomize every man of sperm-producing age and reverse said vasectomy only when he can prove that he is emotionally and financially stable enough to support a child.

So is there a link to this bill?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: network dude

There is nothing in life comparable to pregnancy. Where you have one life growing in a parasitic way in another's body.

I don't feel like it's my place to tell you what to do about the life you helped create. That's between you and God. And you not believing in him doesn't change the equation a tiny bit. (not you personally, you being women) I think it's murder, but I'll sit back and keep that to myself.

But I will make sure you remember all the things you said before (again, you being women, not you personally) since I'm such a yuge fan of irony.

MY BODY, MY CHOICE!!! Unless it's about vaccines, then it's got nothing to do with you, amirite?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Hell, soon they’ll try to out law birth control, wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

I bet you like to call out others for Hyperbole too.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And the answer is they are both Abrahamic religions.

Same crap slightly different wrapping paper.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Also, my biggest problem with the interjection of religion into our government.

Perhaps because it's not quite as black and white as you put it. Which God is the real God? Allah, or Jeusus' pop?

(Some even think they are the same guy, and the real nutters are convinced that's not the case, and they will kill over that misunderstanding)

You may want to get out a bit more before you make the kind of judgements you just did. The world is a big place.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well that's beyond ridiculous.

a reply to: dawnstar

That wasn't so hard. You could've saved us both several posts if you had done what Sookie did. lol.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong, but it's still so unbelievable that I don't think it was wrong for me to maintain my doubts until seeing proof.

The possibility that someone could actually win such a case is kinda frightening. That's nonsense. No State should be allowed to dictate what a person can or cannot do while in another State. It really is none of their dam business, in my opinion.

Hopefully that's just there as a scare tactic, and nothing actually comes from that section.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not vaccinated, don't see anyone forcing me to be vaccinated. Heck, the only time I have used a mask was when I cleaned the litter box.
My son has a history of asthma, he wears a mask while he is working.. a lot of times he is doing a job that requires two people. He is the only one of the plumbers that wears a mask.

I can find alternatives and avoid a mask and the vaccines..
You don't have many alternatives when it comes to pregnancy if it starts causing health difficulties that makes it difficult to handle life.
If you hurt your back and a surgery could reduce the pain and get you back to work. Do you think that your spouse should have the deciding voice in weather or not you go for the surgery, or is it more a your body, your choice?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
Ya, well I am technologically handicapped when I am using a cellphone which is what I have to use
Still haven't figured out how to copy and paste. You should feel special I managed to post a link.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
First off, stop with the straw man complaint that abortion is banned. You have 6 weeks to get an abortion. That's plenty of time for rape and incest victims. Anyone else should be carrying their baby to full term. Period. I'm not religious , Republican or sexist. So dont even try.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 20Eyes1974

Six weeks from the first day of the women's last period. So. If the women is real careful and understands her cycles real well.
About two weeks give or take.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Please cite the 6 weeks in the actual bill not the anaylsis I can’t find that anywhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Brit-Tex

You're right. The bill doesn't say "6 weeks". It states abortion is banned at the moment the electrical pulse emanating from the embryo is detected, and that can be as early as 5 weeks.
edit on 5-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Please cite that as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The bill says when a heartbeat is detected, the gestational age that occurs varies, it can be as early as 5 weeks and I imagine a week or so later.
My point was that the gestational age begins at the first day of the last womens period so it is not giving you 5 weeks, or six, or seven from when you start missing you period. It is more like one or two.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ain't my fault that you are too lazy to actually read the bill.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join