It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation about the Texas Abortion Ban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: network dude
You think that is a good policy for masks and the covid vaccines, but if it is, then it should co exist er more than covid.
Do you think it should cover childhood vaccines like polio? Do you think that someone known to be carrying TB should be able to get on a plane?

do you think you can pick and choose what a phrase means? LOL, it's your phrase. Time to own it. What does it mean to you? That you have choices, or that you think everyone else should not have choices?

It's cool, I don't expect you to grasp this, it's heavy stuff. Reality can be that way

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
I would hope that in those healthy adult relationships, the two would sit down and discuss it between themselves and come to an agreement. And in those cases, the women are just as apt to give into the man's desires as the men are to give into the women"s. Which is means or of times it was the man who didn't want the kid.
Women only have the final say.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I would hope that in those healthy adult relationships, the two would sit down and discuss it between themselves and come to an agreement. And in those cases, the women are just as apt to give into the man's desires as the men are to give into the women"s. Which is means or of times it was the man who didn't want the kid.

Hmmm
All this time I thought the agreement was done.
Those sandwiches aren't going to make themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There is nothing in life comparable to pregnancy. Where you have one life growing in a parasitic way in another's body.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Damn you Texas for confronting all the whoring going around. Now we are suppose to have responsibilities like safe sex and knowledge that sex causes pregnancy and that is what it is meant for? WTF?

You gave us a time limit to this responsibility? Double WTF?
Let me get this right, So in Texas I can wrangle a steer, hell I can go to the border and watch illegals flock in, but I cannot kill an unborn child after 6 weeks of gestation?

Remember when you could go clubbing, sleep with a stranger and then realize your period stopped after two months of not having one? Then go get a latte and abortion before having your nails done. Those were the good ole days, but now old white men think our bodies are theirs and that as a human I should be responsible. To hellz with that nonsense!

What about the rape victims Texas? What if for 6 weeks they didn’t know they were raped?
What if on the night before 6 weeks they realize it was rape? That’s sad! That person will then have to leave the state to find a doctor of death. See all the commotion you’ve caused Texas? Someone might have to become responsible even if they don’t want the responsibility of a child.

In Gretas voice “ How dare you!”

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The funny thing is that my wife could get an abortion without my knowledge or me even knowing she was pregnant but when I went in for a vasectomy the doctor insisted on talking to her to make sure she was on board.

Fortunately we have a healthy adult relationship.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well at this moment, there is nothing to make sandwiches with till the driveway is cleared so groceries can be delivered and it's not my car with trailer or work van that is tying things up. So don't expect any sandwhiches coming from my kitchen or supper come tomorrow night probably. There won't be any food.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Wouldn’t it be an amazing thing if Texas had included in their abortion ban some type of subsidies for birth control and a program to streamline the adoption process?

I don’t think compromise is in any politicians vocabulary.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It would be more amazing if people became responsible for their own actions.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

It would be more amazing if people became responsible for their own actions.

I definitely agree that most of peoples problems are caused by their own actions.
Unfortunately in most cases the fallout will fall on society to clean up.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Bad timing and wrong color skin? A few decades ago your wife could have been sterilized without her even knowing...
But, there was a time not long ago women were refused tubal litigations because well they were fickle women who didn't really know what was best for them..

Here is a good one. If roe was overturned, the state laws would come back into play.

I think it is north caralina, but maybe it is south...
Unless they changed it.
In the first trimester, and I think the second the women can get an abortion. In the third trimester though, she can only get one if her life or health was at risk... and then only with the father's permission...

Kind of puts a new understanding on the phrase my body my choice, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Because every women who gets an abortion is a whore..

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Because every women who gets an abortion is a whore..

You think so? That’s harsh!

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
That is what you made it sound like.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well at this moment, there is nothing to make sandwiches with till the driveway is cleared so groceries can be delivered and it's not my car with trailer or work van that is tying things up. So don't expect any sandwhiches coming from my kitchen or supper come tomorrow night probably. There won't be any food.

Well thats too bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: MiddleInsite

There's nothing stopping them from going out of state for an abortion, right?
of course that will cost $$.

and as long as they don't need a vaccination card to cross the State line.
hard telling what the future will bring...

If someone knows they went out of town they can still be sued and the person who narcs can still be awarded $10,000.

Sued for what? Are you just making stuff up? If not, can you provide a source, because as far as I'm aware....

It is not illegal for a pregnant woman to leave the State of Texas, nor is it illegal for that that same woman who is no longer pregnant to re-enter the State.

Texas Laws do not apply outside the State of Texas.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That is what you made it sound like.

I wrote that, I didn’t make a sound.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hey. I asked once, let them know..
I have gotten used to eating every other day, they seem to not be able to go through the night without waking me up nuking something or frying up a burger or two.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There is way to much of the all or nothing approach.
My body my choice is fine but when will people agree when the fetus is a body that gets a choice?
Good luck finding a consensus on that one.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Seriously though, because I was being a smart ass before, I cannot fathom killing a fetus, child whatever you want to call it. Not a religious thing either.
I realize how amazing this world is, good and bad but damn if I could snuff out a life because it inconvenienced me.

Get your abortion, it’s your body, but I’ll never defend you doing so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join