It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccinated VS unvaccinated transfer rates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I had an interesting conversation with my girlfriend tonight. We are attending a celebration of life funeral for my uncle that passed away from Covid.

She told me, she's not comfortable if people attending are not vaccinated. Maybe I'm old school but why would that matter if you're vaccinated?

The only thing I can think of is, she thinks unvaccinated will spread the disease more readily than the vaccinated. Logic tells me, if the vaccine makes you have less symptoms, less deaths, those people would be a key candidate to spread the disease without knowing it. If you are unvaccinated, you are going to get sick more easily, and yes, if you aren't feeling well, you should not attend events where you are exposing people to your sickness.

Can anyone explain to me how this logic works that unvaccinated are going to be super spreaders? I understand that the virus has a period of time where you do not have symptoms but are still contagious but how is that different in vaccinated? Wouldn't it be exactly the same?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I can only guess, it would be viral load, and that a vaxxed probably has less viral load, being that the body semi knows how to deal with, and is to a degree. But, I'm open to being wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I see your point, if the viral load was that high in an unvaccinated person, they are probably sick.

Lock down if you are sick.

My concern is vaccineted person's feeling a little sick and thinking it's okay, I'm vaccinated. In turn infecting everyone around them with that hubris.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

" By contrast, a counterintuitive result of our analysis is that the highest risk of resistant strain establishment occurs when a large fraction of the population has already been vaccinated but the transmission is not controlled."

www.nature.com...

Your girlfriend needs to get off her smug stool and join reality.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well, there is just less of a chance maybe. Vaccinated can still get and spread it. They say just probably not as often.

Use Xlear a few times a day.

www.cdc.gov...

Unvaccinated people remain the greatest concern: The greatest risk of transmission is among unvaccinated people who are much more likely to get infected, and therefore transmit the virus. Fully vaccinated people get COVID-19 (known as breakthrough infections) less often than unvaccinated people. People infected with the Delta variant, including fully vaccinated people with symptomatic breakthrough infections, can transmit the virus to others. CDC is continuing to assess data on whether fully vaccinated people with asymptomatic breakthrough infections can transmit the virus.

www.statnews.com...

Scientists also concluded that vaccinated people who were still infected with Delta could transmit the virus to others (though they are not as infectious as unvaccinated people who contract Delta). The findings led to the CDC’s decision last month to roll back its mask guidance and encourage even vaccinated people to wear them in areas of the country with high rates of transmission.

edit on 4-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zitterbewegung

And she is not virtuous. She is selfish.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Unless you love punishment you should break up with her now.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
I had an interesting conversation with my girlfriend tonight. We are attending a celebration of life funeral for my uncle that passed away from Covid.

She told me, she's not comfortable if people attending are not vaccinated. Maybe I'm old school but why would that matter if you're vaccinated?

The only thing I can think of is, she thinks unvaccinated will spread the disease more readily than the vaccinated. Logic tells me, if the vaccine makes you have less symptoms, less deaths, those people would be a key candidate to spread the disease without knowing it. If you are unvaccinated, you are going to get sick more easily, and yes, if you aren't feeling well, you should not attend events where you are exposing people to your sickness.

Can anyone explain to me how this logic works that unvaccinated are going to be super spreaders? I understand that the virus has a period of time where you do not have symptoms but are still contagious but how is that different in vaccinated? Wouldn't it be exactly the same?

No, it’s not exactly the same. If you have antibodies to the virus your period of infectivity will be about half as long as if you don’t.

Also if you have antibodies it’s because you either got vaccinated or you recovered from the infection. In either case, you are much less likely to get either a second infection or a breakthrough infection. So, if you are either vaccinated or have recovered from the infection, you pose a much lower risk of infecting someone who is susceptible.

At this point, the superspreadersa are the ones who have neither been vaccinated nor have had the infection.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thank you for those links. I'm really trying to learn the truth around this. From the verbage in the studies, they are also trying to learn the truth.

This wait and see garbage is getting pretty old if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

I see your point, if the viral load was that high in an unvaccinated person, they are probably sick.

Lock down if you are sick.

My concern is vaccineted person's feeling a little sick and thinking it's okay, I'm vaccinated. In turn infecting everyone around them with that hubris.

I agree, if you are sick, vaxxed, or not..stay the hell at home. I think a lot of this is still a mystery.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Can still transmit it.
Can still catch it.
Can still die from it.
Breakthru cases my arse.
My body hair stands at end like I am freezing when around the vxd (when they are being vxholes.)
Metal objects or not I know w/hat I experience it is not normal.
No way anyone who took that shot is ever going back to the way it was (or anyone for that matter.)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Places like Israel are making me wonder if the mRNA gene therapy IS Covid delta variant.

I’m more hesitant to be around people who have taken that crap into their body.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

yes! bingo

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Viral load cannot be it because the vast majority of people who get covid are either asymptomatic or have symptoms similar to a mild cold. Those who do not get a bad covid use their innate system to fight the virus, targetting the coronavirus directly and the virus is killed before symptoms ever come on badly. The time of transmission is lower somewhat in vaccinated people but with the Delta version of the virus, those vaccinated still are getting sick and transmitting just as much viral load. A person who disables the coronavirus part of the virus will still test positive for a while I suppose, till the immune system completely destroys the markers they are identifying. But the virus can be decapacitated and still replicate in the tests so in actuality the tests are not a real gauge of what is going on. You cannot take a sample out of someone's nose who may have just breathed it in but still has immunity and judge that particle as the disease.

I am not happy with the test they use, but then again my opinion is not socially acceptable these days. Replicating a particle in the lab they find in your nose just means you have the particle in the nose. Even if your immune system is working great, you can still breath in a particle. Vaccinated or not, the test is not real evidence of an infection..just a presence.

It is like saying everyone in the store is going to rob the store just because they are in the stores and robbers are in stores when they rob the store.
edit on 4-9-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would like to know when I am sick. Not have the symptoms lessened to where I could unknowingly pass it off to another vxd who does not know they got it until it is too late. When I had it I stayed home for a month and still wear a mask.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox
I would like to know when I am sick. Not have the symptoms lessened to where I could unknowingly pass it off to another vxd who does not know they got it until it is too late. When I had it I stayed home for a month and still wear a mask.

I would bet that half the people that had this virus did not even realize they had it and fought it off quickly and efficiently because they had a previous cold which shared immune responses that could tackle this coronavirus. They state that over half the people who had the coronavirus never got checked...right from the health sites. so those people have good immunity, actually in some ways better than the vaccine can do. Some benefit from this vaccine, I will not argue that. But others do not need it to fight this disease.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I don't know if this variant is caused by the vaccination.

My question is, who's more likely to spread Covid-19 if they are infected? Logic tells me if your body has already seen the virus via vaccine or recovery, you will show no symptoms. Your body is fighting it off behind the scenes and you don't know about it.

If your immune system has never encountered Covid-19, you may or may not win that battle but you will have tell tale signs the fight is going on. Fever is the number one thing to watch for.

So who are the real spreaders of the virus?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Logic tells me if you can fight off covid then a variant is more likely to bubble up.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung

Unless you love punishment you should break up with her now.

I would never break up with her over something so stupid as this. She's extremely intelligent and a great mother.

If you want to talk about how much she spends at Target, that might be a different conversation. But probably not, she's living her best life and I'm glad to be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

New estimates are 50 percent of people are asymptomatic. Asymptomatic cases are not included however.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join