It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry obese people.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know but on its face mandating radiation treatments is ridiculous. I just felt like it had to be something really plausible and I know some areas already have sugar taxes and things like that so I admit I did pick the lowest hanging fruit but I sincerely didn't mean to offend anyone especially not you or DAVID64. I really don't think anyone's weight is anyone else's business just like everything. Everyone should make their own decisions about things. I did ask for this thread to be removed because I was just trying to point some things out and it has devolved into something else now.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

I know but on its face mandating radiation treatments is ridiculous.

BINGO!! Now you're catching on! See how easily something like a ridiculous suggestion would have actually reinforced your point about irony, stupidity and hypocrisy? If...this what you really intended, but I'm not so sure now it was.

When I take all your responses here in totality, aside from the bickering, I see a theme, and the theme I see is you actually believe that there should be mandates on the things people eat, just like there are mandates on vaccines.

Personally, I am diametrically opposed to that notion! I think government needs to get the hell out of people's business. Full stop. Period. Government mandated 'anything' is not okay! The only government mandate I would ever support would be...less government, less bureaucracy, less spending and more representation!

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I am glad to know that others have shared similar opinions, albeit probably more pleasantly and nicer. I am also glad to know that you yourself are having some second thoughts and doing some reflection upon how you chose to present your opinion. When we know better, we do better.

But please. This pathetic excuse for a thread doesn't rise to the level of reporting. Not much harm it can do to the target: DEAD people who cannot speak for themselves or defend themselves. For anyone else who might read it and might have reason to be personally offended, I would much rather have them also see that they are not alone, and that it is indeed offensive and vile to others as well. It is a discussion forum. This is how it works.

Do give yourself more credit though... you've been giving at least as much as you've been getting in the insult department. It sure hasn't been a one-way street.

However, since it has been reported, I better toddle off and check my PMs and see if our wonderful Mods have felt it necessary to slap my wrists...

Even if they have, I still love 'em and appreciate 'em for the thankless job they do!

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

See then you completely misunderstand me. This is where we are having the disconnect. Because I thought some people who are pro-vax mandate are just really really too close to the issue. As in, they don't actually believe in government mandates in general, but they are blinded by fear of the virus and going along with whatever authority figures say. I figured by putting out here a plausible direction that the government could go if they were really serious about health and authoritarianism it would make people think a little more deeply about the precedent we are setting by accepting mandatory vaccine requirements to work and dine out, etc. If it was something really obviously ridiculous like mandatory radiation, I just didn't think anyone would think that deeply about it, because they would immediately reject it as insane.

No, I don't actually think the government should have any say in what we eat, I mean in my own perfect world of course healthy food would be easier to get and cheaper, there wouldn't be food deserts but more government is not the way to do that. We are never going to get rid of the government totally unless something really nuts happens so the best we can hope for is redirecting funding to areas where it is actually needed to help people or cut funding from things that are detrimental to society. We see what the government has done to the dairy industry, that's a thread all it's own. I don’t think the government should have any say in anything individuals choose to do. If the federal reserve and government system we have today did not exist with all the land use laws among other things, a lot more people could live off the land and not need all the trappings of modern society. That would be my dream. To get more people out of this system totally.
edit on 5-9-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I didn't report you, I reported the thread. I haven't insulted anyone and if I have please provide proof of that. Otherwise please stop harassing me with your bullying and insults. Thanks. I'm not doing any reflecting on anything lol. You got offended because you didn't understand my post. I attempted repeatedly to explain it to you and you still do not understand so you are just calling names and harassing me. I also explained it to FCD and DAVID64 and they understood and I hope understand that I was being facetious and did not mean offense. You have just been repeatedly harassing me and calling me names.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

See then you completely misunderstand me. This is where we are having the disconnect. Because I thought some people who are pro-vax mandate are just really really too close to the issue. As in, they don't actually believe in government mandates in general, but they are blinded by fear of the virus and going along with whatever authority figures say. I figured by putting out here a plausible direction that the government could go if they were really serious about health and authoritarianism it would make people think a little more deeply about the precedent we are setting by accepting mandatory vaccine requirements to work and dine out, etc. If it was something really obviously ridiculous like mandatory radiation, I just didn't think anyone would think that deeply about it, because they would immediately reject it as insane.

So, then you agree with government mandates, right?

No, I don't actually think the government should have any say in what we eat, I mean in my own perfect world of course healthy food would be easier to get and cheaper, there wouldn't be food deserts but more government is not the way to do that. ...

So, then you don't agree with goverment mandates???

Which is it?

... We are never going to get rid of the government totally unless something really nuts happens so the best we can hope for is redirecting funding to areas where it is actually needed to help people or cut funding from things that are detrimental to society. We see what the government has done to the dairy industry, that's a thread all it's own. I don’t think the government should have any say in anything individuals choose to do. If the federal reserve and government system we have today did not exist with all the land use laws among other things, a lot more people could live off the land and not need all the trappings of modern society. ...

So then you don't agree with government mandates, but there's nothing we (as voters) can do about it? Is that's what you're saying? You're really losing me here!

... That would be my dream. To get more people out of this system totally.

WOW! I'll definitely give you credit for one thing...you are an absolute master at dooming your own arguments!! Holy cow! Eugenics??? So now it's off to the train cars???? It's only a short ride, you can fit more people in there!

LOL!

**SMH**

Okay, I'm going to depart this thread now. I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or gasp in horror.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No. I meant the government system. Like taxes, centralized banking etc. Not eugenics. I was just trying to get people to think about the precedent that is being set by mandating vaccines in order to work or go to the grocery store. Because if we allow that, where will the overreach stop. It is clear that you just don't like me and I am starting to feel like you are "misunderstanding" me on purpose. I said "some people" who are pro vax-mandate. Not that I am pro-mandate at all. Eugenics? Really? Where would you get any of that from when I clearly said I was trying to make people think and that it would be great if more people were not beholden to this government system. How exactly do voters change anything? Just electing the same people over and over again for 40 years? Are voters going to vote to abolish the government? I am intrigued that that would even be possible.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Okay. My mistake and my apologies for giving you too much credit. Now I know better.

And I am now done with you and with this thread. We have both had our say, and our words will stand on their own merits -- as always. Just to be clear, when I say it, I mean it. Don't bother responding. I won't even bother reading it. I'll just click on the X and move on.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So, just to be clear... you have no examples of me insulting or bullying anyone do you? Did you just want to call me names or what? I like how you ignore my request for proof while still acting like somehow you are superior when you have been the one instigating all of this.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So you are just jesting when you call a woman a whale? and are defensive about people saying you are insulting?

I lost my mother to complications due to obesity this year, it was sudden and brutal to me and my family

Maybe try owning this burning trainwreck of a thread you created instead of being defensive, just dayamn

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

I'm sure it was horrible for your family to lose your mom like that. All I was trying to do was get people to think a little bit more deeply about the precedent that is set when society accepts mandatory vaccination as a prerequisite to work or go to the grocery store. How far can the government then overreach in the area of healthcare? And I'm not defending anything. It is not my fault no one understood the basic premise of my thread. I have repeatedly asked for it to be removed if it is that offensive to you please report it as well. And yeah, I was jesting when I called her a whale. If that is the only insult you can find that I said then how does that compare to the insults I have received from ignorant people who can't even come up with a cogent argument or rebuttal. The only weapon in their arsenal is name calling because they put feelings over facts. I mean.. what all am I now.. a eugenicist, stupid, cruel, heartless, depraved coward bully.... all because of a facetious post that I have repeatedly tried to explain was made simply to provoke thought about the government, healthcare and authoritarianism.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.
Chalcedony, PM4U

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join