It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Rick Kelly analyzes and discusses the efficacy of Ivermectin use in human patients (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Should I take Ivermectin? Efficacy review - COVID

Greetings ATS,

Some of you may be familiar with Dr. Kelly and may already be aware of this video. My apologies if this has already been posted and discussed. I feel this is a very important topic. There is an immense amount of heresay and fear mongering surrounding the use of Ivermectin in human populations, despite it having been used safely and effectively for years.

The linked video is part two of Dr. Kelly's discussion of the efficacy of Ivermectin use. He goes over different studies and looks at data regarding the use of Ivermectin and then extrapolates data and provides his take on the topic. I find the Doctor's presentation to be well thought out, carefully researched, and well presented. There has been much maligning of Ivermectin and a great deal of shots fired at the messenger, as quite a few medical types who've promoted Ivermectin tend to specialize in things like podiatry or gynecology or whatever. I'm interested to hear what ATS residents think of Dr. Kelly and the work he is doing with Ivermectin.

Some background on Dr. Kelly:

Richard A Kelly MD's mission is to provide personalized, high-quality care on an as-needed or preventative basis.  We have created a practice that we believe in and choose for our own family members. Dr. Kelly is a Family Physician and Senior Medical Examiner (AME).

Having practiced medicine in Southaven, Mississippi for over 25 years, Dr. Kelly is a dedicated, experienced physician who believes in working with his patients to maintain and improve their health. We work together to serve your entire family for all of your medical needs from childhood to senior adult. We provide health care services to our patients in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We also believe in educating our patients and making the patient a partner in their healthcare as we work with them to achieve the best physical state possible

www.richardkellymd.com...

For purposes of total disclosure I do support Ivermectin use and have used it myself (along with other preventative protocols) both prescribed and of my own volition. None of what I say is medical advice and I strongly encourage everyone to consult with trusted, licensed medical professionals before attempting to self-prescribe medicines.

I believe that a significant motive for disparaging the usage of Ivermectin in human populations by medical authorities and big pharma is due to the low cost and widespread availability of Ivermectin. The substance can no longer be patented and is both cheap and relatively easy to manufacture, store, and distribute. The emphasis which for profit healthcare and big pharma (as well as doctors who receive funding and kickbacks from big pharma) places on generating income and returns for shareholders takes precedence over the health and well being of the patient in many instances. Healthcare professionals are also at risk of losing medical licenses, being blacklisted, or sustaining damage to reputations if they go against the status quo or prescribe something to which negative stigma has been attached. There is of course a concern that Ivermectin may cause more harm than benefit, but I believe this in unfounded and the science supports the many benefits of proper prescription of Ivermectin.

India has reported significant progress since employing the use of Ivermectin. Japan has suspended the use of vid vax amid concerns of contamination and the abrupt deaths of two Japanse men in their 30's, and has moved towards a program of using Ivermectin to treat individuals.

rclutz.com...

I believe the tide is turning on the use of Ivermectin. It is possible that the Japanese government is focusing on vid vax contamination as a way to circumvent the contracts signed with the massive multinational pharmaceutical companies. I have no doubt that Japanese experts know exactly what those alleged contaminants are and find it interesting that they have yet to announce the composition of those alleged contaminants. It is such a challenge finding unbiased information which you and I are able to vet for ourselves. In my own research I've found it essentially impossible to find sources which are not biased towards one side or the other. I have my own opinions about what the covid agenda truly represents and my views do not align with the mainstream narrative, nor do they align with the more extreme conspiracy narratives.

I am grateful to individuals such as Dr. Kelly who are putting their careers and reputations on the line to bring us information which does not align with approved narratives.

All of my best to you and to your loved ones.

Cheers. 🍻

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CircumstancialEvidence

I would just like to make a quick comment here and not directly speak to the effectiveness of Ivermectin specifically.

From what I have seen of people who have used Ivermectin as a prophylactic, they appear to have challenges with appropriate dosages. Either the person took to little for it to be effective or they took to much and it become overly toxic. I think this is one of the major aspects of this medications use, is that we have people not taking the right dose since it has not been prescribed to them by a medical professional.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Mine was prescribed by a medical professional. Using as directed, no issues whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CircumstancialEvidence
India has reported significant progress since employing the use of Ivermectin. Japan has suspended the use of vid vax amid concerns of contamination and the abrupt deaths of two Japanse men in their 30's, and has moved towards a program of using Ivermectin to treat individuals.

False and false.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Mine was prescribed by a medical professional. Using as directed, no issues whatsoever.

Then you have done it right. Unfortunately, many others have not.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I agree whole heartedly and thank you for this comment. I think this is a particular concern with the horse paste Ivermectin. The pick-a-weight plunger system is not only unreliable, it is potentially quite dangerous. I've heard of people accidentally administering an entire tube intended for a 1250 lb horse and personally know an individual who did this to himself. He seems to be no worse for the wear, but there is no way to no for sure whether that might cause subtle damages or long term issues. I know another individual who measured out the contents of the doses of the tube by weight and found that the dosages were very inconsistent from one to the next. He recommended dispensing the entire contents and portioning it by weight or volume. I do not recommend using the horse paste Ivermectin. Some brands seem to be relatively pure with others have various additives.

In addition: Ivermectin is known to interact with and potentially counter or enhance the effects of other medicines. It has been used for years to treat certain conditions but it is only recently being used to treat covid.

As with introducing any substance to the body: use caution and consult medical professionals.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Thank you for the input of your personal experiences. I also experienced no issues when using it as directed, prescribed by a doctor. In fact, I felt an improvement afterwards.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thank you so much for your valuable input. You've enriched this thread with your well thought out contribution.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: CircumstancialEvidence

False and false.

Weird, you consider this to be false?

ivermectin-obliterates-97-percent-of-delhi-cases

A 97% decline in Delhi cases with Ivermectin is decisive - period. It represents the last word in an epic struggle to save lives and preserve human rights. This graph symbolizes the victory of reason over corruption, good over evil, and right over wrong. It is as significant as David’s victory over Goliath. It is an absolute vindication of Ivermectin and early outpatient treatment. It is a clear refutation of the WHO, FDA, NIH, and CDC's policies of "wait at home until you turn blue" before you get treatment.

ivermectin-becomes-the-recomme ndation-of-japanese-doctors-to-cure-corona-disease

Dr. Kazuhiro Nagao (63) Chairman of medical company Yuwakai, director (Head) of Nagao Amagasaki Clinic, Hyogo prefecture, and visiting professor at Kansai University of International Studies highly recommend Ivermectin as drug which can cure the initial patient affected by the corona infection.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
CINCINNATI -
An Ohio judge has ordered hospital doctors to administer a prescribed dose of ivermectin, typically used to treat livestock for parasites, to a patient infected with COVID-19.

>> Read more trending news

Butler County Judge Gregory Howard ordered doctors at West Chester Hospital to “immediately administer ivermectin” to Jeffrey Smith, WCPO reported.

Smith’s wife sued after he was placed on a ventilator for 19 days. During that time, Julie Smith asked a doctor about using ivermectin. The doctor supported the treatment and prescribed a 30mg dose for 21 days but hospital staff refused to administer it, WLWT reported.

The drug has become a popular COVID-19 home remedy, despite warnings from the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention not to use it.

The above article was posted on the WSOC 9 app this morning. I could not figure out how to provide a link to the article so I copy and pasted. It would not allow me to copy the entire article though. Using duck duck go, type in the search “Coronavirus Ohio Judge” and several other articles are given including the one posted above.
I apologize to all for doing it this way, I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate and such on my phone. No access to a pc or mac.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Good links, thank you. Japanese scientists invented Ivermectin and they are recognizing just how important that invention may be. I have no use for individuals who post one line, knee jerk responses with zero information to substantiate their claims. I'm grateful that you've taken the time to contribute information of value.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuddytheYorkie
Thank you. I've been following that story. Wild times when a legal injunction is required for American citizens to receive the medical treatment they require. Mrs. Smith had to fight tooth and nail to get her husband this treatment. Here are a couple links to that story:

Ohio judge orders hospital to treat COVID patient with Ivermectin despite CDC warnings

www.usatoday.com...

Ohio Judge Orders Hospital to Treat COVID Patient With Deworming Drug Ivermectin

www.newsweek.com...

---

Here is a similar story. Very interesting video from a lady who went through a similar process with her husband. Claims she had to go through the ringer with her husband at the hospital when her husband received a positive result from a covid test. She states that after she was able to get the hospital to change treatment protocols her husband made a very rapid recovery and walked out of ICU shortly after. There are some religious messages the uploader attached to the video, which I don't have much use for, but it is what it is. Merely want to post this video so that others can hear what she has to say.

www.bitchute.com...

Cheers.
edit on 30-8-2021 by CircumstancialEvidence because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've been looking into this further. Doing some digging.

What all these sources keep not telling us is they don't tell us *why* it works. So people find it strange and/or unbelievable that a drug meant to kill tube worms can help a covid patient.

Ivermectin is part of a category of drugs called "tubulin suppressors". Its job is to suppress tubulin, which is a building block of the cells of tube worms. It does a few other things too, but that looks like the main issue for Covid.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Turns out, though: your lungs also build using tubulin. A tubulin suppressor kind of slows down the cell growth rate in your lungs, I guess. Part of why Covid gets such a huge viral load so fast is because it's using lung cells as its factories. And your lungs are basically second after your heart for being the fastest replicating cells in your body.

If you can slow down the factory, then the virus would replicate slower. (However, also your lungs are regenerating slower, so you'd want to avoid athletic activity.)

If the virus replicates slower, your less infective, and your immune has more chance to fight back against it.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I would like to chime in with some experience with veterinary medications. Having grown up on a farm, we raised everything from the normal chicken turkey's, horses, cows, pigs, rabbits, dogs and cats.

Veterinary medications are not mixed , or supplied with the same standard and quality that human medications are held to.

I.E.
A medication for full grown steer can vary in dosage, and mixture. When you are giving a cow or a steer antibiotics, depending on how it is dispensed (pill/paste/liquid) and how it's administered a cow's dose could vary by hundreds of milligrams. It could vary by the amount a human would you recommended to take for a full day.

A perfect example. If you take liquid antibiotics for a dog and use the supplied, you could conceivably give the dog a dose of the dilutant and flavoring with no medication at all, towards the end of treatment the dog will be getting double or triple the dose and due to a bad mixture.

Most liquid/paste medications for animals tend to settle while on the shelf or in shipment. I've always been instructed to thoroughly mix whatever medication we are going to administer.

If I was supplied paste in a tube, I would kneed the tube for 15 to 20 minutes to make sure the dose was consistent.

So you think you take the appropriate dose out of the end of your Ivermectin tube. It's possible that those would get very little if any medication at all, however the second dose could be trouble or trouble what is intended.

I fully support anyone wanting to take Ivermectin, however as was said above, I would definitely take a medication made specifically for a human I'm prescribed dosage wise by a doctor.

Sorry for writing a book, but for the uneducated before you go taking a veterinary medication be aware dosing can be a huge pitfall or danger

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

This is great information, thank you for contributing it to the thread. I wasn't aware of Ivermectin having this effect on the lungs. I'm checking out the link you posted. It's great to learn new things and to educate ourselves on the substances we put in our bodies.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyman65

No apology necessary, you've supplied very valuable information which was both clearly written and based upon your personal experience. Thank you very much for posting this. I think it is very important to share these details with others, and experience is always the best teacher.

I've spoken with multiple people who've been administering "horse paste" for themselves and none of them have mentioned the potential settling of the compounds in the paste, nor have they mentioned kneeding the the tube. In fact, most of them were relying on the plunger to dispense an accurate quantity. I've told people to dispense the contents into a container, stir them properly and measure the dose by weight if using the horse paste Ivermectin.

I was able to have a virtual consult with America's Frontline Doctors for a small fee and received a prescription for both HCQ and Ivermectin, but I also keep a few tubes of horse Ivermectin on hand for a SHTF scenario. It's the duravet brand without other medicines in it (like some of the horse Ivermectin brands have), though I think it is best to save that for emergencies. It would be a damn shame to cause health issues while intending to receive health benefits.

Just a disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and none of what I have posted constitutes medical advice. Everything said is for educational purposes only.

Thanks again for contributing your personal experience.

Cheers.

top topics

join