It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we leave behind

page: 1

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am a veteran. I am struggling mentally and emotionally right now. I left huge pieces of my soul in Afghanistan. As I watch the abject failure and moral turpitude of our leadership poison everything we ever did out there, I feel ever knife they stuck in our backs.

I'm depressed. I've been in tears all day. There's nothing like defeat snatched from the jaws of victory by incompetence and malicious stupidity. Is that even what's happening? Are they doing this on purpose?!

I've lost 14 good friends to combat operations in Afghanistan. Men that will never get to hug their children, kiss their wives, or come home at all. It was all in vain as I watch our civilian and military leadership give our enemy kill lists, provide them with military gear that we will one day have to fight through as our actions continue to destabilize what we worked 20 years for... Or at least what we were told we were working for.

I've never been more disappointed, disheartened, demoralized, and defeated. I never understood how deeply Vietnam veterans felt until now that I have taken part in my own Vietnam.

May God forgive this nation's leadership. May God forgive me, because I can't harbor anything but hate for them and what they have done.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Damn bro. I’m sorry your going through this right now.
Nothing I say, or anyone else for that matter can take that pain away.

It wasn’t all for nothing.
Think of the lives back home here that you defended and no doubt saved.

How you are feeling right now is totally justifiable.
I wish there was something I could do to help.
But know you are brave.
You are strong.
And you are loved.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Many many Vietnam vets went through the same thing.... the hate and anger takes a long time to dim or fade but never entirely goes away. If you believe in an afterlife those who died must surly be in a better place ... I am not much of a believer in anything anymore other than we have people leading who would not make a decent envelope opener..

Some more news that will make you sick...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Straight shooter here. May I ask for what purpose do you believe you were deployed?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Your pain and anger is tangible from your words.
Your feelings are shared by so many.
I wasn't in Afghanistan, like you were...but I love this country and I feel what you feel.

We've been betrayed as a nation by this bunch in the WH.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Straight shooter here. May I ask for what purpose do you believe you were deployed?

How the hell should I know anymore?

I read the Afghanistan Papers. After that everything was in doubt. But what we are witnessing now is a mile above what I ever thought possible.

While I never expected victory, I never expected abject defeat like this.

I suppose that doesn't answer your question. But I simply don't know what to believe anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Your brothers did not die in vain. Your efforts were not in vain. The entire will of the American people were behind you, and your efforts. The entire will of We The People are dead set against this Coward in Chief.

You have our greatest gratitude for your efforts, and for the losses of those who will never come home. "America" does not define our way forward by this incompetent imbecile who allegedly leads us now. He does not define this nation, its people or its courageous warriors. He is nothing more than a smear in a history book somewhere.

We know who our heroes are. Trust me we do, and we will never forget.

The greatest wrong ever perpetuated on this once great nation was what you went to avenge.

I among many of millions of other "Americans" will stand and salute your honor an commitment in the face of grave danger.

This leader is not an American, he is scourge. He is the definition of shame. Trust that there are millions of "Americans" who will never forget your service and your sacrifice.

As God as my witness.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I am a veteran. I am struggling mentally and emotionally right now. I left huge pieces of my soul in Afghanistan. As I watch the abject failure and moral turpitude of our leadership poison everything we ever did out there, I feel ever knife they stuck in our backs.

Those of us who never served cannot know the emotional ride your on right now. Hell I can't even imagine what it must feel like, but like others have said we are pissed and this will not just go away. We love our military both retired and active. Please hang in there and know that you have more prayers and support than you are probably able to comprehend right now. Rant all you need to!!!! This is one of the most f**cked up things that our gov has done during my adult lifetime. God says to hate His enemies and right now from what I can see, His enemies are running the this country.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well...right now, the way things have been going, perhaps this will galvanize the military
to call a spade a spade. Although the depth and breadth of this seditious collaborative coup
are so vast that it is difficult to enunciate, I do believe that the military in every sense of the
term, will resoundingly side with the civilian population. My reasoning is that the actual
number of Biden supporters is about equal to the cross product of persons who would
a) engage in riotous activity
and
b) steal TV sets while doing so.

That's far less than 20 million.
That's my guess for the actual number of ballots cast for 'Joe'.
Joe with the new earlobes.

The police may be venal, stupid, power hungry pigs;
as they are culled such to enforce forcevax in the near future,
will continue to be a venal, stupid, and power hungry pigs,
hence a problem, a veritable threat to the public health....
there simply aren't that many of them. Firemen and first responders included
because they have joined ranks
with the technofascists. It's in the job description.

When hell breaks loose they will be sufficiently busy shooting to save themselves
than to carry out the technofascist agenda.

It's just a job. And they will learn.
Whoops. There are repercussions to their acts.

What the shill executive branch just did was to ensure
that the military are rabidly against them.
If there are those within ranks who are not so aligned,
they will be ferreted out and quickly. Spot the Vindmann.
Who among you is ordering, or executing these onerous, treasonous acts?
Shouldn't be too hard....

Too, they will act like police act.
Here to enforce whatever they say, gates, fauci, the tv set, especially any kiddyfiddler
hiding behind an elected office; as well they will love, and embrace their newfound covidpowers.
They will do onerous things against civilian ranks, like Kent State.
Death jabs.
Separating children from parents.

Forced eval because you know electricity is now a weapon
and you better shut the f up once they grab you for this.
Unless you're Erin effin Brockovich or David Ickes.
You'd better have an audience honey you better be an effin star.
Emergency response for laying in the park, relaxing.
Because 'you can't do that man!'

ORLY? Yes.

The police in my town sent an ambulance firetruck and squads to interrupt,
to shatter
MY PEACE because I was relaxing in a park.

Do you hear me?

Later they ambulanced me for saying 'smart meters interact with biology.'
They said I had no right to property because it was an 'emotional attachment' complex.
A effin vintage hand tubed ten speed. I was forced to let someone take this from me

Said I craved electrolytes.
Two choices:
On your feet or on your back.

I did not need any hydration. I pissed half a gallon while standing in a nosocomial smeared room.

I am not going to wait around for these peacocks to strut back here
with covidpowers.

I am going to break them.

DO YOU HEAR ME?

This I witnessed.
This I revealed.
You are welcome.

DNC won't accept responsibility.
For anything.
Biden's just the fall guy!
Perhaps Trump laid a trap inasmuch that his
withdrawal plan required maintenance, follow through,
attention to detail and resolve, and the threat of severe
reprisal should anything break the deal...and was counting
on Joe to screw things up. Unmasked dancing at the
Hamptons because
we can.

Cannot see the military as going bad here, nope.

They know there is a God.
They know what they signed on to defend against
and to kill for.

Add this to the mix:

What do you think will happen when an entire army,
which has been forcevaxed, finds out they have been injured,
perhaps to point of death?

If they steal TV sets....it shall be for target practice.

Listen very carefully.

When tyranny becomes law, rebellion is a duty.

You are needed at home, soldier.

This is it.

God bless our Troops.

# 1433

edit on 28-8-2021 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2021 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Projectvxn.. I have not responded until now to your post simply because.. I can feel the crushing sadness and despair from your words. Please Know that there are MANY of us..So many!!! Who truly do care about our military and this country. We are devastated and furious, and honestly, just don't know what to do and feel powerless. I pray we can get over our shock and dismay to come together and respond to the call when it comes. We do have your back, we (most of us) are a disorganized untrained lot, but we care and have great love and respect for our military and vets. People all over the World are sending an outpouring of love to support our military and those that tried to establish a semblance of peace. Lean on us to take a breath and regain your footing..
I fear we will all need courage for the coming days but We will all be stronger as we STAND..Together.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I sympathize. Anybody free of mass media narratives knows the real reason why in 2001 the US invaded a desolate land with no infrastructure, a pathetically underdeveloped nation ruled by squabbling warlords with no real world money; Afghanistan was the producer of 90% of the world's heroin, an industry which many in the West were heavily invested in. This along with the estimated 3 trillion dollars of natural gas, uranium, lithium, and other resources residing underneath this nation which once again has come into focus (1).

The United States' negotiations with the Taliban (who ruled the region at the time of negotiations preceding US occupation) weren't going well in the late 90's. So our representatives told them point blank: "Accept our offer of a carpet of money, or we bury you under a carpet of bombs." The Taliban response to their latest (and militarily supremely greatest) Conquistadors was to decimate Wall Street's drug corridor by choking the flow of illicit heroin money to the US economy and its controllers, Wall Street and CIA muscle. The Taliban's "F--- Y--" move resulted in a now famous economic recession (2). Afghanistan's keepers flexed their world-muscle by completely banning the production of opium, literally burning down poppy fields and executing any farmers who resisted. And that meant war.

Our US troops soon found themselves guarding opium fields as the Bush administration got the world drug flow back on track, helping heroin addicts across the planet keep on with their ways (3). The World Bank is always aware of - and surprisingly transparent about - such economic activity (4). Too bad CNN, Fox, CNBC, NPR, and all the other wonderful people who (do not) inform us have other agendas.

So we know why the US invaded Afghanistan. Now we just have to figure out why our country is finished there. Did the multinational corporations whose ventures were protected by the US military get the resources they wanted to steal over the past two decades? Did they give up on such an endeavor like so many other imperialist entities have throughout history as they realized that no control or stability in the region will ever be possible? Or is Big Pharma finally able to synthesize enough heroin to keep the world addicted, lying, stealing from their families, and dying? Or does the US now need to allocate all military resources to the western Pacific in order to prepare for impending friction with China? Explanations of such actions are difficult... any wisdom?

It took 20 years to crush those terrorists and their terrorist camps and 'cells.' Wait, yeah that's right... we didn't do that; we just...'lost the war.'

(1)
Link 1
(2)
Link 2
(3)
Link 3
(4)
Link 4

And some are left behind feeling empty and needing further explanation to have personal resolution.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Everyone knows how I feel about this issue.

NEVER FORGET

NEVER FORGIVE.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I am so sorry you have been left feeling like this along with many other veterans who were ever deployed to Afghanistan. None of you have had 'closure'. In fact quite the opposite, the debacle that is now Afghanistan has blown up wide open.... this is not closure.
Heart felt Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I know it must suck but don't know or understand it the way you do.
I remember you from the chat room days and remember when you signed up.
I remember your presence of not being here while you were gone (and we missed you)
I also know that the man who left and the man who came back are 2 different people.....and I don't even know you well.

Screw the war, the propaganda and the haters.
We loved you when you were gone and love you now that your home.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Never give up and never give in.

We should fight against governments and their profit driven wars, not for them.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Yeah, i didnt want to say it but the real mission was wildly successful. Secure the poppy fields (thebaine). It was never about the taliban funding the likes of terrorists (al quaeda) or assisting osama bin laden. How convenient we showed up shortly after fda approved oxycontin and left right after the fallout with the sackler family and purdue pharma. I was just curious what the military was told.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The concept of American patriotism and the national identity you achieved through centuries of struggle has been hijacked and forever tarnished by the modern interventionist empire building strategy. Your early history was born from the struggle for a free and prosperous nation, that ideology still lingers among the true patriots and my belief is history hinges on the strength of their will to resist oppression from authoritarian globalists.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

... Is that even what's happening? Are they doing this on purpose?! ...

My step-father used to say, "NOBODY is THAT stupid!"

I think that fits here. This is no "colossal screw-up". Nobody screws up this badly. And Beijing Joe, hell, he doesn't even know what's going on. You know that old joke, "They treat me like a mushroom, keeping me in the dark and feeding me bullsh!t?" I'm certain that's Joe. I doubt he has any real grasp on the situation. He's just an expendable puppet.

Yeah, it's all on purpose. And it doesn't look like anyone will be held accountable. No Donald Trump riding in on a white horse to save the day. Perhaps this is the "leadership" the country deserves.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I suppose we get what we ask for.

top topics

join