It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with bug bites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

No insect does that. The closest they get to organized biting is the triangle pattern for bed bugs. Scratching causes damage to the skin, causing seepage, which damages the skin rubbing it.

My guess is that the sore is just localized swelling, with irritation from the previous skin damage. It may get bigger and feel warm to the touch.

Around 30% of the population is actively colonized with staph, particularly around the face and nose (3% are so are colonized with MRSA). It's incredibly common to touch your face, so often that it's a primary reason I think COVID masking is unwise.

The greatest likelihood is that you've gotten a staph infection in the spot. Cover with antibiotics and monitor the sore for increase in size. I typically would use a marker and make a dotted line along where the redness stops. Monitor to ensure it starts getting smaller as you care for it.

You can also buy antiseptic soap. Staph colonizes the nasal passages so it'll likely recolonize from there, but it would give you some level of protection until you clear this up.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is actually an Ivermectin situation. It works really good for bugs.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

does the itch get worse at night time? if so, it sounds gross but have a doctor check and see if it is scabies. I used to help clean and run errands for an elderly man who came up with it from his wife's nursing home. It was awful for him

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Your condition may be curable by using Fungi-Cure in the Shower.

Link to the product: www.walmart.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Wow, you sound kind of crabby Trolls. They have medicine for that.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Heat hives have to do with your sweat glands like a heat rash, so being in the same place would make sense ... if that's what it is.

I started getting heat hives over night earlier this year right along where butt cheek meats upper leg, and they do look like bug bites and itch like 'em too.

I started taking either zyrtec or claritin (don't know which, mine's generic OTC), and it stopped developing. We also got special sheets made more for heat too, and they help also.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Give the area a good rub with olive oil.

Castor oil. It smothers everything, including yeast.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

It wouldn't be several bites just one that keeps flaring up. Papular urticaria is in an insect that causes an immunological reaction. What he thinks is being bitten in the same place is actually a reaction from the original bite. It is basically hives caused by an insect it so it goes away and returns. Usually in the summer because heat can cause it.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Benadryl and Allegra should take care of it but id add antibacterial creme as well

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   

1.Have you been vaxxed?
2.Is it so difficult to buy couple of sprays of insecticide and kill the place, your clothes and a car?
3.can you afford to visit a dermatologist? Not all doctors are psychopathic eugenicists

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Bird mites or worse would be morgellons, you could shower and use Selsun Blue, other remedies would be at the first sign of itch, 70% alcohol spray in the offending skin, if the itch goes away, you definitely have a very tiny bug infestation, and would need to do some mite extermination.

You could start with foggers for fleas, since the ingredient also affects mites, and use some Insect grownt regulator (IGR) so it causes the nymphs' to mold prematurely and die, breaking the cycle.
edit on 29-8-2021 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
Bird mites or worse would be morgellons, you could shower and use Selsun Blue, other remedies would be at the first sign of itch, 70% alcohol spray in the offending skin, if the itch goes away, you definitely have a very tiny bug infestation, and would need to do some mite extermination.

Won't alcohol spray make the balls angry and shrink?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'd recommend seeing a dr or pharmacist.

Have had similar myself when my cat got ear mites and was getting odd 'chafing' down there - antifungal cream and meds did the trick.

I'd also do a deep clean, probably replace any bedding or at least put it on a boil wash.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Really, no one...
Pics or it didn’t happen.

To be serious, I agree with Papa. Go to a dermatologist, not all doctors are mengelian eugenicists. But I’d still stay vigilant and question everything.

Also, wash your sheets and pillow cases. Vacuum your carpet. And steam clean your mattress.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

It wouldn't be several bites just one that keeps flaring up. Papular urticaria is in an insect that causes an immunological reaction. What he thinks is being bitten in the same place is actually a reaction from the original bite. It is basically hives caused by an insect it so it goes away and returns. Usually in the summer because heat can cause it.

The mites were gone two years ago. I can't think of any home pests that target that location. Usually people sleep with the face and limbs exposed. Ticks crawl up and like skin folds, but OP didn't say there was anything in that spot. It could just be jock itch causing the itching.

Hives are not what I would typically consider a "sore" though. To me a sore is a lesion or abcess, maybe some necrosis. The sore has appeared after the itching on skin that only touches the itchy spot. The itching could be any number of things, but the sore is what could lead to serious complications. Fournier's Gangrene is the scary one in that area, particularly if he's diabetic.

My only experience with hives is personal, but I've never had a single "hive" pop up. It's always been all around the trunk or in multiple clusters. I knows there's probably a wide variety of ways it presents.

We'll find out in a few days if the spot gets larger, more swollen, and warm to the touch. If so they should probably go to the doctor. Without seeing it or knowing symptoms over time it's hard to tell. It's kinda looney they even asked about it here, but amusing.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Obviously having a doctor examine the situation is the answer. Do that.

My own personal opinion is...If it's on your inner leg at the same spot then it sounds like a case of jock itch. The only true way around that is to always keep your junk and the area around it clean. Lather up and deep clean that area every day.

But I'm not a doctor, so see a doctor.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If it IS bed lice / bed bugs, I may suggest a through Cleaning of your linen, and while you're washing that take your vacuum and suck the ever-loving snot out of your mattress, pillows, and carpet if you have in the room.

Then invest in some eucalyptus oil and water it down a bit with a spirit (vodka or something like that) and spray it on all of the above.

I had a similar issue end of last year (summer time here in the southern hemisphere), also having house sparrows nesting above my bed in the ceiling as well, and did the above... It worked a treat. The sparrows are still nesting, but the mites vamoose the instant they catch a whiff of the eucalyptus oil.

Plus side is it doesn't smell too bad either - gives the room a nice, relaxed, forestey type vibe... So you get the bonus of a relaxed night's sleep...

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
ABSOLUTELY!
I saw several posts before yours and was going to say a BIG FAT NO to Tea-Tree Essential Oil...not the right oil for this by a LONG CHALK!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The heat hives I was getting were just in small groups or even just one big single one and always overnight. They looked like big bites, and I scratched several hard enough in my sleep that I scratched the skin right off.

I did some poking around because we didn't have any bugs and nothing looked right except some pictures of heat hives. And the only thing that worked on them was hydrocortizone cream.

I tried taking OTC allergy stuff and changed to lighter sheets, and they stopped showing up almost immediately. So I concluded that's what they were.

Had that not worked, I was for the doctor.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Herpes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join