It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with bug bites

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just a disclaimer, this is gonna be kindof gross as it involves bug bites in an awkward spot, but I don't know what else to do at this point but ask for advice.

First, lets go back to when I moved into my apartment about two years ago. Shortly after moving in I started waking up in the middle of the night with intense itching on my nuts. I had no idea what was going on until one day I came home and discovered that my stuff was absolutely infested with tiny little bugs. It turned out they were mites that had come from an infested starling nest in the wall vent outside my bedroom, and these were what were biting me at night since they were attracted to my natural body warmth. An exterminator came and got rid of the nest and dealt with the infestation. I haven't seen any of the mites since.

Fast forward to present day. For several months now, I've been getting an occasional bug bite on the side of my nuts in the same general spot every time. Sometimes It's every 2 or 3 days, sometimes there's a week or two inbetween bites. It's happened at home, at work, and at my friend's house... Same spot each time. The bites look like mosquito bites, in that they're basically just a raised swollen lump but without any redness or obvious bite mark. They itch for a few minutes and go away a few minutes later. The itching isn't nearly as intense as the previous mite bites were from the starling mites. I've been trying to figure out where this bug or bugs could be living and coming from, but I just discovered something tonight that has me a little concerned. I seem to have developed some kind of small sore on the inside of my leg in the exact spot that touches where I've been getting bit while sitting down. Now I'm wondering if I have some kind of mites or something living inside my skin in my leg and coming out to bite me when everything is... pressed together, so to say. I've been taking pictures of the bites for a while now and this is the first time I've seen any kind of sore there, but it seems awfully coincidental that it's the exact spot that touches where the bites are happening.

Sorry for the gross details but I'm getting really *ing sick of this and don't know what to do.
edit on 8/28/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Try washing with tea tree oil? Otherwise go to the doctor.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, first we need to know who did you vote for?

/s

All jokes aside.. Damn man, that sucks, and I wish I could actually help you. But Idk. Hope you can get it figured out.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Sounds like a concern to address with your PCP, dermatologist, or maybe that exterminator that took care of the first infection.

Chiggers, scabies, or ringworm would be my guess though. Maybe an aggressive pinworm infestation, but that's mostly bothersome at night and around the back door.

Again, PCP or dermatologist would be the best ones to address this with.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Just a disclaimer, this is gonna be kindof gross as it involves bug bites in an awkward spot, but I don't know what else to do at this point but ask for advice.

First, lets go back to when I moved into my apartment about two years ago. Shortly after moving in I started waking up in the middle of the night with intense itching on my nuts. I had no idea what was going on until one day I came home and discovered that my stuff was absolutely infested with tiny little bugs. It turned out they were mites that had come from an infested starling nest in the wall vent outside my bedroom, and these were what were biting me at night since they were attracted to my natural body warmth. An exterminator came and got rid of the nest and dealt with the infestation. I haven't seen any of the mites since.

Fast forward to present day. For several months now, I've been getting an occasional bug bite on the side of my nuts in the same general spot every time. Sometimes It's every 2 or 3 days, sometimes there's a week or two inbetween bites. It's happened at home, at work, and at my friend's house... Same spot each time. The bites look like mosquito bites, in that they're basically just a raised swollen lump but without any redness or obvious bite mark. They itch for a few minutes and go away a few minutes later. The itching isn't nearly as intense as the previous mite bites were from the starling mites. I've been trying to figure out where this bug or bugs could be living and coming from, but I just discovered something tonight that has me a little concerned. I seem to have developed some kind of small sore on the inside of my leg in the exact spot that touches where I've been getting bit while sitting down. Now I'm wondering if I have some kind of mites or something living inside my skin in my leg and coming out to bite me when everything is... pressed together, so to say. I've been taking pictures of the bites for a while now and this is the first time I've seen any kind of sore there, but it seems awfully coincidental that it's the exact spot that touches where the bites are happening.

Sorry for the gross details but I'm getting really *ing sick of this and don't know what to do.

I just have one word for you:

Ivermectin

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Ruled out an ingrown pube?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I really want to make some lighthearted jokes, but best of luck getting this sorted man.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

bite in same spot every time- i dont think insects or mites do that. Sounds like hives, or urticaria, to me. Google search some images for that, see if it matches up.

Are you stressed, do you have food allergies? Maybe changed detergents?

Try talc powder on john thomas and the boyz.
edit on 28-8-2021 by DreadKnock because: Correction

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Bro get a magnifying glass and burn those suckeres off!

Just kidding, that tea tree oil sounds like a good suggestion, that stuff works wonders for situations like this. If that doesn't work then you should prolly check the woman laying next to you, perhaps her bugs are grazing upon your pasture for dessert....just kidding, go with the tea tree oil.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

you controversial, hilarious mother effer lol

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DreadKnock
bite in same spot every time- i dont think insects or mites do that. Sounds like hives, or urticaria, to me. Google search some images for that, see if it matches up.

Are you stressed, do you have food allergies? Maybe changed detergents?

Huh... The urticaria/hives suggestion seems possible. Some of the hives images look similar, but why would it only be in one specific little spot? I do sometimes start itching all over, and I seem to have occasional psoriasis on my elbow. I'm not aware of any allergies, but I am sometimes stressed.
That definitely makes me feel better than the possibility of bugs living in my skin though.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Ruled out an ingrown pube?

Yes

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Doctor, tell them your story, travel, history etc. but there are a few things you need to rule out ASAP. While it could be bugs or some form of creature, you want to rule out microorganisms and don some other stuff.

They can give a few ointments and oral meds that could clear up most things pretty quick. Plus get a closer look, blood test, skin sample, etc.

There are OTC things you can try, but if you pick the wrong one and it’s something else, you could make it worse.

It’s just not enough info to be guessing with and a medical person is better than us for this kind of stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Give the area a good rub with olive oil.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Read that entire post as I furiously scratched at my own sack.

But I suffer from seasonal jock itch.
edit on 28-8-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That's nuts. See a doctor or at least a veterinarian.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If you are sure it started with an infestation then most likely its papular urticaria. Treatment would e antihistamines and antibiotic creme.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Try washing with tea tree oil? Otherwise go to the doctor.

One suggestion.

Try the tea tree oil in a safe area of skin before you apply to those sensitive areas.

Trust me.

I was trying tea tree oil on my forearms....good thing I tried on a small area.

Turns out I was allergic to tea tree oil.
The area TURNED RED and ITCHED like m-fer.
I put it under water to dilute, but still....

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Did you get a sex change operation by chance? If so, you could be experiencing a rejection issue.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not bedbugs?

Pull your sheets and clean them with bleach on the "sanitary" setting and then dry on high heat. Ditch any feather pillows and wash all your pillowcases. I've never heard of mites doing this, but bedbugs definitely will.

Sterilize everything. Lysol down your bed and remaining pillows before you put your sheets back on.

If your dogs or cats sleep on the bed, kick them off for a couple weeks.

Whatever it is, is on your bed! Seriously. Likely your pillows (a favorite nesting place for critters).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join