It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello All New guy in town

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hello All, Just wanted to say hello and it's been awhile. Looking forward to this incarnation on ATS. I was a member long ago but life and all it's parables got in the way. Before I was quite nasty, ill tempered, and 100% full of myself. I've tamped that down a little...not all the way down but down enough that I'm still married...lol. In the last 4 years my life and lives around me have changed a lot. I was miss diagnosed for a life ending illness. I needless to say did not die and do not have the illness of which they said I had. I sued........I won.....I've never seen a check with that many zeros. Now wife & I neither have to work...we just spend our time with out Cat rescue and our Hummingbird habitat....our entire yard....that's for a future thread with plenty of pics & vids of Cats & hummingbirds....Fatboy was the name of my feline friend of 16 years...He crossed that rainbow bridge on 5-27-20...he had in-operable cancer in his ear and neck. So I dedicated my screen name to him....Fatboy527.....pics to come later. hope all have a great day.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Fatboy527

Hello Fatboy,

welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hi Fatboy527 ,
and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Welcome back!

Before I was quite nasty, ill tempered, and 100% full of myself. I've tamped that down a little...

Wanna fight?

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thank youa reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You ever thought about scaling back that avatar....lol. Thanks a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm still nasty, I'm still ill tempered but I'm only 62.5% full of myself now.....we'll fight later. I promise.a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Welcome back.

How do the cats and hummingbirds get along?

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The cats will sit and watch but there's not much they can do. The humming birds are the TIE fighters of the bird kingdom. My wife & I have sat and watched the humming birds just drop down to the cats level and do a quick 360 around the cat to check them out.....cat could give a crap. We've been doing the hummingbird thing for about 5 years. This year we have about 40 to 60. I'm in central N.C...We're going thru about 4lbs of sugar every 2days..Birds are consuming about a gallon every 36 hours or so. It has become a time consuming venture that I really enjoy. When we started we had maybe 4 to 5 birds.....it has grown each and every year since we started. They come right back here next year and the ones born here come back here as well. They are quite the chirpers when on the feeders, we have an extensive garden with 90% of plants dedicated to attracting hummingbirds and bees. I've now went and gotten long winded on the hummingbird topic...sorry about that. I do plan on a thread about the hummingbirds with pics & videos when I get more used to the site again. Thanks for askinga reply to: IAMTAT

edit on Augustam31b202121527 by Fatboy527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

We have two HB feeders and we get around 5 or 6 hummingbirds.
Love watching these little guys.
They totally know me...and come to the window when they want me to refill the feeders.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They can recognize faces...they can distinguish between one who does fill feeders and ones who don't. Little fact about them for you....their brains make up 25% of their total body weight....they are quite intelligent awesome creatures. If they want to come to my house for their romance & child rearing then I lay out the red carpet....14 feeders and two flower gardens dedicated to the little beauties. Next spring we are expanding the front garden and adding what it is they like...as far as the names of the plants & flowers that's the wife's domain...I just dig the holes...lol.a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I do plan on a thread about the hummingbirds with pics & videos when I get more used to the site again. Thanks for askinga reply to: IAMTAT

Hey there Fatboy527...

I'd love to see some shots as Hummingbirds are nearby so I'd love to see whose visiting your area.

Here's a quick link on how to up load pics. (please remember that we only accept the 3 letter formats such as; .gif, .png, .jpg.. Not JPEG).

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS

Cheers!
Johnny

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
hello, good afternoon

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello, pleasure to meet you. My condolences to you for the passing of your fuzzy family member. I love my feline, canine, and avian family members dearly and it is never easy when one departs this physical plane.

Cheers and I hope you have a great day!

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hello and welcome back!

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fatboy527Hello

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CircumstancialEvidence He was quite the man...I miss him everyday.

edit on Augustpm31b202121527 by Fatboy527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What a handsome man and the soul behind those eyes. I'd be miassing him too.

Here's my man Grouch. Just turned 16.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Grouch has that look of wisdom......I have so many cats. My state say's you can't own but 4....I said screw that and started a not for profit Cat Rescue kinda on paper only.. Now there can be as many here as we want. And we remain within the laws...I want say it's a loophole if no one else does.a reply to: CircumstancialEvidence

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join