It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Score For The Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have no idea if this is true or not. I'd like to find out and I know some of the great minds here at ATS can help figure this out.

Did the U.S. really leave all of this behind? How long would it have taken to make sure we loaded this up for shipment?

Is there a plan to go back later and "destroy" as much of this as possible?

Do we know for sure that the Taliban actually has possession of all this or is it "hidden".

What the Taliban scored in the past 2 weeks….
-2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAP’s
-75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc
-45 UH-60 Blachhawk Helicopters
-50 MD530G Scout Attack Choppers
-ScanEagle Military Drones
-30 Military Version Cessnas
-4 C-130’s
-29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tocano Ground Attack Aircraft
208+ Aircraft Total
-At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition
-61,000 M203 Rounds
-20,040 Grenades
-Howitzers
-Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
-162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Comunications Gear
-16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
-Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
-Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Goggles
-10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
-Recconaissance Equipment (ISR)
-Laser Aiming Units
-Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
-2,520 Bombs
-Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops all operational
-Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
-Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
-Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
-US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
-Lots of Heavy Equipment Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Good luck getting the parts to maintain. Everything has a shelflife and then you have new tech to deal with. I would be surprised if some if not most of those items can't be tracked to the nearest meter. If not. Shame on the MIC.
edit on 25-8-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I would suspect that a good portion of that list is inoperable and sitting for parts, etc. You know how political pieces go...if its bad, amplify it for drama. If its not bad, make it up entirely for drama. Clicks rule, logic drools.

ETA: I should add, that doesn't discount it. The intelligence gained from studying these items is likely to be extremely valuable. Im sure the Taliban has some intellectuals among them, and once they can develop and build weapons of their own (beyond IED's) the game with the Taliban changes. I know, capital is needed. Plenty of Americans with track marks to provide that capital.
edit on 8/25/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

link   

208+ Aircraft Total

lol what ?
That could be a problem.. what if they use those planes to make a attack on, lets say.. China or Russia with some of those planes.
And those that do not think Taliban have pilots are wrong, there are pilots from other countries that have joined Tali.
Or they will find civilians that can fly it.
edit on 25-8-2021 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes and no.

Yes, all of that was sent to the country at some point.

No, because it's been over the last twenty years. Many of it is surely lost, damaged, nonfunctional, etc... Also, lots of the the heavy equipment (aircraft especially) made it out of the country as it collapsed.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Your question is actually a more complex question than it appears...unfortunately.

Much of the weaponry left behind was weaponry which was provided to the Afghan Army to fight against the taliban with. In order to remove much of it we would have had to effectively disarm our supposed ally. But there was a solution here, it's just that Biden was too stupid and f'd it all up by doing what he did. If we had drawn down everywhere but Bagram, and we started seeing the Afghan army rolling over in large numbers like it did, then we could have had the remaining troops minimally destroy (if not extract) most of the most sophisticated weaponry once we saw the Afghani's weren't capable of putting up a fight.

What Biden did was back-asswards from this. He did completely the opposite. And, now that these weapons are in the hands of the taliban they will be infinitely more difficult to retrieve without a massive fight. I'm all for a massive fight to do this, but folks need to understand there will be a cost, and that cost may be a lot of lives.

edit on 8/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Simple answer, yes we left it there. And I'm sure lots of spare parts etc. Weather they maintain it and fabricate parts is gonna be shown in the future. Given they've kept up Soviet era stuff running, they might be able to for a bit at least.

The real question, do they have pilots for the aircraft? Last I checked flying isnt like driving. I'm sure anyone could figure out how to start and drive an apc or humvee. I know Allah or not I'm not jumping in the cockpit and hoping he gives the knowledge of manned flight to me.
So if the start playing Red Baron, who the h*ll trained them? Matter of fact trigger discipline and tactics seem to be western inspired. What gives? Anyone care to venture a geuss? What's the HIDE thing mentioned and administration computers? Like Biden administration?

There will be some hair splitters saying that the Afghan army left it. But its U.S. equipment we "sold" them. But yes its still our crap. And no we wont be going back to destroy it. We are already leaving human beings, not to mention US citizens behind? Why would they care about crap?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Maintain? Guess IED's are too hi-tech for the hadji's eh? LOL
a reply to: Soloprotocol

edit on 25-8-2021 by Tie No Bows! because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There has been talk of using air strikes to take out the equipment after the "evacuation".

However this would result in lots of dead Taliban , therefore breaking the agreement.

Therefore I doubt it will happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I’d like to sneak in and fly out a MD530, what’s the Army going to do, take it from me? It’ll be loaded to the teeth.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
There has been talk of using air strikes to take out the equipment after the "evacuation".

However this would result in lots of dead Taliban , therefore breaking the agreement.

That this is an issue is the issue.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tie No Bows!
Maintain? Guess IED's are too hi-tech for the hadji's eh? LOL
a reply to: Soloprotocol

IED's on who? Themselves? The country is there's.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

208+ Aircraft Total

lol what ?
That could be a problem.. what if they use those planes to make a attack on, lets say.. China or Russia with some of those planes.
And those that do not think Taliban have pilots are wrong, there are pilots from other countries that have joined Tali.
Or they will find civilians that can fly it.

Would be sneaky, using US military equipment for attacks makes it immediately appear the US military is the one attacking.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Your question is actually a more complex question than it appears...unfortunately.

Much of the weaponry left behind was weaponry which was provided to the Afghan Army to fight against the taliban with. In order to remove much of it we would have had to effectively disarm our supposed ally. But there was a solution here, it's just that Biden was too stupid and f'd it all up by doing what he did. If we had drawn down everywhere but Bagram, and we started seeing the Afghan army rolling over in large numbers like it did, then we could have had the remaining troops minimally destroy (if not extract) most of the most sophisticated weaponry once we saw the Afghani's weren't capable of putting up a fight.

What Biden did was back-asswards from this. He did completely the opposite. And, now that these weapons are in the hands of the taliban they will be infinitely more difficult to retrieve without a massive fight. I'm all for a massive fight to do this, but folks need to understand there will be a cost, and that cost may be a lot of lives.

this.

It wasn't as ignorant as it first sounds, but when you finish reading, the end result is the same.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yeah they did find some stuff to play around with...

Marine corps Times

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's too early to try and minimize the farce and disrespect this is too our service men

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
When everyone is evacuated send in precision air strikes on all of that

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Good luck getting the parts to maintain. Everything has a shelflife and then you have new tech to deal with. I would be surprised if some if not most of those items can't be tracked to the nearest meter. If not. Shame on the MIC.

True for certain things.
The 20 million rounds of 7.62 ammo will last almost indefinitely if stored in a dry place (desert=dry). I recently shot 60+ year old paper hulled shotgun ammo that was stored for most of its life in paper boxes.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

That this is an issue is the issue.

I agree completely.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

F the agreements!

The taliban haven't lived up to any agreements, why should we???

Savages don't abide by agreements, they just savage.

What we should do is go into Bagram in force and take it over, seize it completely. Then blast the snot out of the taliban and push them back for 5 miles in every direction. Send out a message that anything that moves inside that perimeter will be destroyed, anything. (The 5 miles so aircraft can get into and out of Bagram safely). Following this we should do like Willink says and launch surgical rescue missions with our spec ops guys to get US citizens out. Once the US citizens are out, along with high value allies, we should pull back and evacuate. Immediately following the evacuation we should LEVEL Bagram airbase, just FLATTEN it like the surface of the Moon.

That's what we should do!

Screw those agreements!

edit on 8/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join