It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus Drivers Said Peace Out Parents Panicking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Nyiah

Add me to that tally, I was sent in with Strep once

That is terrible. Having had strep several times, it can be very serious.
I actually had hallucinations with it. Just like you said, what on earth could a child even learn when
going to school like that?

I've had it several times, my ped thought it spurred CFS (he may have been right, or not -- science still waaay out on direct lock-stock cause)

That's about the worst kind of Sore Throat From Hell you can be bestowed with. Did yours ever get bad enough to have the broken pockets at the back of the throat? Uh, mine did, that RX numbing spray back then tasted like spoiled mint & varnish. Blech. Floradix tasted better

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I may have done some of my situation to myself.

My parents struggled for money, so mom worked 8 hour nights and dad worked 8 hour days. They were not lazy at all, and I was a smart cookie who sometimes ... maybe wanted a "sick and tired" day from school because it could be boring. And unfortunately for me, I tend to run a lower body temp, so I have to be really, really sick to muster a fever of 100. A solid case of strep will do it.

But generally, the reliable benchmark for true illness wound up being puking.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I actually had hallucinations with it.

Whoa! This is hitting close to home.

When I was 11, I had a 105 fever. I hallucinated that there were hundreds of bald men bouncing on their heads upside down - all around me!

I remember my dad sitting next to the bed while I’d explain what I was seeing.

You just got me thinking for the first time, those bald men look a lot like I do today (this was 30 years ago). Okay, I’m tripping out….

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Never hallucinated from fever, but had painkiller and lack of sleep do it to me.

The best was a demerol shot. I saw the fat lady costume from Total Recall sitting on the couch from the second Wizard of Oz movie - the one with the talking moosehead tied to the end that could fly. She was in her bright red muumuu and she was talking to me, but I couldn't make out what she was saying and the couch was flying around in weird circles.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's about the worst kind of Sore Throat From Hell you can be bestowed with. Did yours ever get bad enough to have the broken pockets at the back of the throat? Uh, mine did, that RX numbing spray back then tasted like spoiled mint & varnish.

I became so sick that I lost a ton of weight and when I finally returned to school (I was out about 3 weeks) they almost could not recognize me. I think that bout of sickness got rid of any baby fat I had left in my face. My Dr told me one more strep throat incident and he was going to take out my tonsils. Oddly enough, I never got strep again, ever, after that. Sounds weird, but that bout of strep did something, so I don't have a gag reflex.(shut up you dirty minded people)
edit on 22-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I never had it that bad, but a couple of the kids in school did. I guess I should just count my blessings and be grateful my throat just tried to shed skin layers via blister pockets. And the fever, mine I think were just over 102* each time.

Yeah, I could have had it much more unpleasant, but the obscenely raw throat is indescribably painful for those of you who've never had strep throat. Once the throat's gone raw, it's literally like trying to swallow molten hot, heavily salted shards of glass. #ing SUCKS, good luck trying to eat or drink much.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

for those of you who've never had strep throat

Drinking water made me cry, that's how much it hurt!!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Holy crap!

I’m a firm believer that there is meaning in hallucinations.

Don’t you wish you could understand what she was saying?

Okay, I think I’ve veered off topic enough. I think we have a winner for a cool new thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WillNotComply

“I don't know if masks work or don't work in that setting,”

It says on the box they don’t.

If I am in a bus with a group of people and I know one person has
Covid, I am going to take my chance and wear a mask.
If I know I'm sick with Covid, I'm going to stay home.

If someone sneezes with a mask, I don't care what anyone says, that mask is going to capture some of those droplets.
Am I saying it's 100%, 100% of the time no, but I do think it will help.

Anyone around kids knows they look like this a lot!!

That’s Voodoo. You believe in Voodoo.

It says on the box they don’t work.
edit on 22-8-2021 by WillNotComply because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Would you count the last bout of it as your worst one? I sure as hell did, it was ROUGH (that numbing spray RX was that last time)

I wonder if there's an immune system benefit we don't know about. Multiple bouts, then a major, then never again. I've never considered looking in to this, maybe it's possible?
edit on 8/22/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes this a huge issue. Which blue state are you in?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

for those of you who've never had strep throat

Drinking water made me cry, that's how much it hurt!!

I threw a full cup at the wall across the room and shattered it once -- my mom made a cup of HOT chamomile tea and actually expected me to drink it. I mean, seriously? NO. Just NOOOO.

Surprisingly, she let that slide. Thought I was going to end up sick AND grounded for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm a coach for our High School Football team and in our pre-season all coaches meeting the athletic director stated that both our district and many other districts the driver shortage is real and he said he hopes that it would not impact any fall/winter athletic contests but said it could and there wasn't a lot he could do about it.

I know they are paying pretty good money if people are interested but not sure how many applicants they are getting. My school is in the suburbs of a large metropolitan area and is in no way a rural area. Not sure how those areas are doing.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

but the obscenely raw throat is indescribably painful for those of you who've never had strep throat. Once the throat's gone raw, it's literally like trying to swallow molten hot, heavily salted shards of glass.

I’ve had this 3 separate times in my life. All 3 lasted 2-3 months. At 18 when I got mono (right gland is still permanently swollen from it). When I turned 21 for the first 2 months, no idea where this came from, it really put a damper on my new freedom. And again at 34, right before my ex and I separated.

Such a terrible feeling. It lasts so long that you forget what it feels like to be normal.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

We have no issues here but we don't live in a mask mandated state, our bus driver doesn't wear a mask, my daughter has told me the teachers don't wear masks either, and most of the kids in her class don't wear masks. no shortage here, sorry your state is facing that shortage. I laughed when you called other people's kids brats, because I agree with you, there are a lot of brats out there! LOL This is coming from a mother of 6!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The closest I came to that was a virus I got in high school that caused massive blisters in my mouth. I lost a lot of skin off my tongue and all over the rest of the inside of my mouth. Eating anything was sheer agony because it was just raw skin.

I lived off protein shake and multivitamins for weeks while my mouth healed. I remember it because we were at the end of the track season: league, regionals, and state, right when it happened. We visited my grandparents during that time and there were hotdogs for supper, and I recall being so hungry that I decided to try one with ketchup, and it burned so bad that I was in tears from just one bite ... but I was so hungry!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That sucks, my Dad was the type that you stayed home if you had a fever because that was the schools rules, not his! I mean i had strep throat for a month when I was a kid, my Dad refused to take me to the doctors, which would be considered abusive now a days, to get on an antibiotic to get rid of strep throat. He just flat out refused, i couldn't eat anything but soup for a month, it was horrible. I even lied to my dad because i wanted to hang out with one of my cousins and go out to eat, but he had me do a swallow test and I couldn't hold back the tears on swallowing. i could barely swallow. Yeah so my dad was in the send the kid to sick boat no matter what.

My mom on the other hand said I could go to school with a cold only but anything else i had to saty home.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Schools grade attendance, put it on the report card and pre-covid hassled parents who's kids were out to many times. Im sure many parents send their sick kids to school to avoid this so long as the kid isn't dieing from their cold.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Schools grade attendance, put it on the report card and pre-covid hassled parents who's kids were out to many times. Im sure many parents send their sick kids to school to avoid this so long as the kid isn't dieing from their cold.

The 360 schools did was funny.
I know precovid it was all about money, they wanted those behinds in the chairs so they could get federal funding.
Now you so much as cough or look pale they will send you home.

edit on 22-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
I'm a coach for our High School Football team and in our pre-season all coaches meeting the athletic director stated that both our district and many other districts the driver shortage is real and he said he hopes that it would not impact any fall/winter athletic contests but said it could and there wasn't a lot he could do about it.

I know they are paying pretty good money if people are interested but not sure how many applicants they are getting. My school is in the suburbs of a large metropolitan area and is in no way a rural area. Not sure how those areas are doing.

There are some good bonuses but bus drivers really don't make much because of the limited hours, that might change now.
Bus driving is not a good long term career either as thing get automated, self driving school buses will probably happen, or even more virtual learning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join