It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Bus Drivers Said Peace Out Parents Panicking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't know about your area, but in my area I would say at least 90% of school bus drivers were retirees.
It was not an easy job, but they liked getting out and the little bit of money (highlighting little)

After covid hit, driving the bus got crazy. They asked kids to please wear mask and stay seated apart.
The buses would keep windows open for ventillation. As you can imagine, that didn't work well. I remember
Covid spreading like fire, and it all started with the kids on the bus. I don't know if masks work or don't work in that setting,
but we'll never know because on the bus they refused to wear them. Some bus drivers DON'T want to wear masks so they
are quitting because of that.

Fast forward to this school year... Now parents might not have the choice!!!
They might have to drive their brats to school themselves because almost all the bus drivers QUIT!!! Don't be offended by the word brat, I have them myself, and yes everyone kids is a brat to someone else!!!!
I shouldn't be laughing, but I am because some of these parents really deserve it. Let's forget about Covid and masks, and just
talk pre-covid for a second. I can not tell you how many times parents sent their seriously ill kids to school. I'm talking more
than a cold, I'm talking flu, lice, STREP, and every other communicable disease. They don't care, they just slop them on the bus to school.

Let's face it, school in the US isn't just education, it's daycare, it really is. That's how many parents see it. Most of the bus drivers
(my area specifically, I don't know about your area) are retired and really don't need the job. They are begging people to do it, absolutely begging.
The bus drivers don't only do the school routes they do a lot of the sports stuff too. Things are going to be flipped upside down real soon.

Back to the Bus drivers. People are freeeeeeaking out. I've read some news blurbs, is this just my area or have you seen similar in your area.

edit on 22-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Not heard any issues here.

In fact, we're having to go to the school and work out and afternoon bus schedule for kiddo because he takes black belt class at least once and maybe up to two times a week, so he'll have to be picked up after school by his father those days and go directly to practice.

But the school is generally pretty accommodating about things like that so long as they know who does what ahead of time.
edit on 22-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm in GA and my kids school system hasn't had any issues at this point.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It could be the difference between districts that already had school for a year and those that are trying to get in person rolling again?

I'm guessing Georgia was pretty well in session last year and so were we.

As I reflect more, I am remembering there was some chaos at the start of school for us last year as they started in person after having locked down early the prior year. It wasn't so much the transport as in other ways, but things got ironed out.

So maybe that's what the OP is experiencing? The issues associated with getting in person learning rolling again.
edit on 22-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I can not tell you how many times parents sent their seriously ill kids to school.

Sounds like my parents. I had to have a fever to stay home from school - NO exceptions!

There may have been a few times where I put that thermometer under hot water….

ETA: my mom didn’t work either. So there was no excuse. Just pure laziest. Which adds credence to your case of school being daycare.
edit on 22-8-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We used to just walk to school or ride a bicycle.
But we wouldn't have to travel miles on end to get to school either.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

“I don't know if masks work or don't work in that setting,”

It says on the box they don’t.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

For me, I had to puke.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This thread title is weird, "said peace out"...I'm not really feeling that given the community here...And I thought 2020 school was closed but in the OP they claimed the school buses were running? Really?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So maybe that's what the OP is experiencing? The issues associated with getting in person learning rolling again.

No we had full in person learning all last year.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
This thread title is weird, "said peace out"...I'm not really feeling that given the community here...And I thought 2020 school was closed but in the OP they claimed the school buses were running? Really?

No our school was in session all last year. We had a small virtual pause, but we were probably one of the districts that went back
the quickest.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

My school's busses were running in 2020 and are now.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WillNotComply

“I don't know if masks work or don't work in that setting,”

It says on the box they don’t.

If I am in a bus with a group of people and I know one person has
Covid, I am going to take my chance and wear a mask.
If I know I'm sick with Covid, I'm going to stay home.

If someone sneezes with a mask, I don't care what anyone says, that mask is going to capture some of those droplets.
Am I saying it's 100%, 100% of the time no, but I do think it will help.

Anyone around kids knows they look like this a lot!!

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Our elementary schools were full in person, 5 days a week. Parents had an option to do entirely learn from home if they chose, but we did not.

That learn from home option still exists this year, but we're sending kiddo back since it went well last year.

The junior highs and high schools were on a hybrid in/out schedule all year. I think this year, they're also a full 5 days on but probably retain the learn from home option for anxious parents/vulnerable students.

So our buses did run all year.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

For me, I had to puke.

You got me on that one. Did you ever fake it, like I did?

In hindsight, I’m not upset at my parents for doing it. Just one of many ways, they raised me to NOT be a panzyass.

Seems about 80% of the world is powderpuffs these days… I can honestly say, I don’t fall in that category.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No!

I hate puking more than almost anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

In hindsight, I’m not upset at my parents for doing it. Just one of many ways, they raised me to NOT be a panzyass.

Seems about 80% of the world is powderpuffs these days… I can honestly say, I don’t fall in that category.

I guess I have a different definition of panzyass. Staying home when you are sick to me is a sign of strength. To know
you need to take care of your health above all else. I think Americans really lag behind most of the world in this aspect. We are so hard on ourselves. When we practice self care we think that is being weak, when in reality that is the actual essence of strength.

It makes me think of very rich, but very ill health people. They spend every cent to be healthy again, but it is too late.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I can not tell you how many times parents sent their seriously ill kids to school.

Sounds like my parents. I had to have a fever to stay home from school - NO exceptions!

There may have been a few times where I put that thermometer under hot water….

ETA: my mom didn’t work either. So there was no excuse. Just pure laziest. Which adds credence to your case of school being daycare.

Add me to that tally, I was sent in with Strep once. It wasn't the first time I was sent to school looking like death warmed over, no kid wants to sit in school during the stomach flu. Projectile puked all over my desk & the kid in front of me (lol, gross, but we laughed hysterically about it years later anyway)

I got to sleep in the nurse's office for the day that time. My mother wasn't yet working post-divorce yet, and was still a SAH. In other words, she also had no excuse, and just wanted someone else to mind the barfing kid.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You make very valid points. In fact, I’m in the same boat myself - deferred maintenance.

Just in the last two weeks, I’ve spent thousands on tests to figure out what’s going on with me. After years of casting the health issues to the wayside.

They typically don’t get better on their own and only compound.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Add me to that tally, I was sent in with Strep once

That is terrible. Having had strep several times, it can be very serious.
I actually had hallucinations with it. Just like you said, what on earth could a child even learn when
going to school like that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join