It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament Holds Joe Biden in Contempt and the Details Are Disturbing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Theresa May:

Former Conservative prime minister Theresa May also asked how Britain could have so miscalculated the strength of the Taliban, which took Kabul on Sunday in a lightning offensive.

"Was our understanding of the Afghan government so weak? Was our knowledge of the position on the ground so inadequate?" she asked her successor. "Or did we just feel that we have to follow the United States and hope that, on a wing and a prayer, it would be all right on the night."

www.reuters.com...

Never thought I'd ever be publicly praising her.

I don't think The Houses of Parliament can hold a President of the USA - or anywhere for that matter - 'in contempt', but individual MP's can express their contempt for him.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
She was blistering! I just happened to catch her whole speech.
There was just one thing I disagreed with her about.
Well worth 12 minutes of your time if you didn't hear the whole thing.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

While I agree this is big news and I can not stand biden , my only problem with all of this is these other countries condemning us for leaving afghanistan why don't they step up and commit their troops and capital to that stone-age hell-hole of a country for the next 20 years. I was there and I knew back when I was there that the end result of that country will always be what is happening there now no matter how long we stayed. Now the way he withdrew is what I take issue with. I agreed when Trump said we need to get out and I agree with getting out, but there is no doubt biden effed this up royal. But let's face it with the world being the way it is biden will probably get a nobel peace prize for this.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Amy Tarkanian
@MrsT106
·
Aug 18
Yesterday, the White House said that Joe Biden has not taken any calls with world leaders in regards to Afghanistan.

Justin Trudeau stated that he spoke with Hillary Clinton yesterday about Afghanistan.

What is going on? Why is the US President not taking calls but Hillary is?

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks Jane, I'll have a listen a bit later.....the grandson is beating me at Rocket League at the moment and then I think I'll pop out for a pint with my Dad - got to make sure he's ok.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

And so they should mate....but some of their anger should be directed Boris's way as well

It's disgraceful that this country has been complicit in this shameful desertion.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The magnitude of what has happened here is going to be felt exponentially for many years to come.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What was the thing you disagreed with please?

I'm unable.to watch right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thank God for the UK... doing the job Biden's America won't do:

Americans in Afghanistan rescued by British military: former deputy national security advisor

After we screwed them royally (no pun intended):

Afghanistan: UK in race against time after US President Joe Biden sets 10-day rescue deadline

And Team Biden whines:

US general tells British special forces: Stop rescuing people in Kabul, you're making us look bad

No one made them look bad except themselves, because what they are doing IS bad. About as bad as it gets.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I see articles in which Parliament 'condemns' Biden (and PM Johnson) but nothing about a formal 'contempt' vote.

www.reuters.com...

British lawmakers vented their anger on Wednesday at Prime Minister Boris Johnson and U.S. President Joe Biden over the collapse of Afghanistan into Taliban hands, calling it a failure of intelligence, leadership and moral duty.

I think you misunderstand "contempt". It's not a legal thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
What was the thing you disagreed with please?

I'm unable.to watch right now.

I'm going to guess it's the part where she blames it on Trump.

At least that's the part I disagree with.

Otherwise she was spot on.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Part of the plan is to ISOLATE the US and doing that requires the US having a falling out with our NATO allies.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Who wants to 'isolate the US' and why?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

To bypass paywalls, just use archives..

Like so

Interwebs pro-tip.

It also has the added benefit of not giving propaganda outlets clicks/revenue, where applicable.

As for Afghanistan.. Its been a mess for multiple presidents and the actual plan for withdrawal made it all of the past mess look clean. Most of the discussion seems to revolve around whether or not we should remain or withdraw in general, which is an exceptionally effective way to skirt criticism for what is actually happening here and now.

Seems like our government has quite a habit of directly arming, and even training, many of the groups we call our "enemies." Fascinating stuff, from our involvement in the Middle East over decades to Fast and Furious to this recent debacle.

I dont know how much blame to actually lay at Biden's feet for these current events though. I genuinely dont know how aware he is of what is actually going on.
edit on 21-8-2021 by Serdgiam because: clarity

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I could (and probably most of ATS could)
randomly select a dozen members of the forum
at random
and put them in a private conference room
with a few white boards
and some pizza and beer
and create a more effective plan
to extract every person that we wanted to
in the time between February 1 and August 1.

And when I think about it
I realize that
Joe Biden did just that.
he extracted every person he wanted to extract between February 1 and August 1.

The people that are still there. . . he did not want to extract
because,
you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would advise all governments break ties with USA until a new government is installed or after UN installs their own government.

I do wonder if this will be a good reason to sour our special relationship with the US.

It's been coming for a while I think, we don't get a very good deal out of it anymore do we?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I would advise all governments break ties with USA until a new government is installed or after UN installs their own government.

I do wonder if this will be a good reason to sour our special relationship with the US.

It's been coming for a while I think, we don't get a very good deal out of it anymore do we?

Indeed.

Solar Federation g.co...

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Shocking.

As pointed out, a damning indictment of US political interference.

But as it was also noted, only the US has the ability to secure the airfield and provide the air traffic control.

It was also not surprising to see that other non-Taliban Islamic extremist groups are operating in Kabul....a taste of things to come?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: nonspecific

Part of the plan is to ISOLATE the US and doing that requires the US having a falling out with our NATO allies.

I rather think that the US is doing that on its own very nicely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join