It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament Holds Joe Biden in Contempt and the Details Are Disturbing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes, Joe will lead the free world and bring trust and confidence back to our allies. How is that going for us so far? When the UK, one of our best allies publicly denounces your incompetency, that is not a good sign.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

redstate.com...

The embarrassment on the world stage continues under Joe Biden. Following the total collapse of Afghanistan and while in the midst of an ongoing, dangerously chaotic evacuation, the UK Parliament has voted to hold the President of the United States in contempt.

Biden had not spoken to any world leaders about the pullout from Afghanistan. A dereliction of duty at that level is hard to fathom, though, it’s become commonplace for a president who continues to run to Delaware instead of, you know, being president.

Following Sullivan’s jaw-dropping admission, Biden apparently did talk to UK PM Boris Johnson. Unfortunately, it took 36 hours for the president to get around to answering the call, though.

The United States is in a precarious position, disdained by our allies and unable to strike fear into our adversaries. Despite being assured that was going to be the result of Trump’s presidency by the same mediocre experts who never get anything right, the country came out of his four years stronger and more respected around the globe. It’s only taken seven months for Biden to tear all that down.

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Aug 21 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
it is described as an "epochal change".

it is the end of the old epoch
it is the beginning of a new epoch.
a new epoch without the US in a leadership position in the world.
it is the "fall of rome"

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I can't see the original Telegraph article without subscribing.
Their headline says "Parliament holds..."
"Redstate" has added "Parliament has voted to hold...", which strikes me as a misinterpretation. I just can't see the House of Commons being asked to vote on that kind of motion. I suspect the "contempt" was being expressed in some of the individual speeches, not in a formal vote.

P.S. I've just checked one of the official records of debates, and I see that the only motion being offered in that debate was "...that this house has considered the situation in Afghanistan" (and that motion was formally passed at the end). No other opinion was expressed by vote.
edit on 21-8-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I do wonder if this will be a good reason to sour our special relationship with the US.

It's been coming for a while I think, we don't get a very good deal out of it anymore do we?

a reply to: DISRAELI

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If Trump deserved the peaches for imagined misconduct, then, Joe deserves the whole basket for a REAL F up.

Peaches & Creme.

Not a good look being found In Contempt on the international stage.

He can't last much longer that's for sure.
edit on 8/21/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's almost like those MP's are trying to deflect any of the blame they deserve, isn't it?

This mess was started by Bush and Blair and every single idiot in charge in between then and now did nothing to ensure the safety of Afghanistan when our troops were gone.

It's everybody's fault.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EvanB
Yes, that's what I thought it would be. Individual speech, not "vote".

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I see articles in which Parliament 'condemns' Biden (and PM Johnson) but nothing about a formal 'contempt' vote.

www.reuters.com...

British lawmakers vented their anger on Wednesday at Prime Minister Boris Johnson and U.S. President Joe Biden over the collapse of Afghanistan into Taliban hands, calling it a failure of intelligence, leadership and moral duty.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Did anyone even mention a vote?

Was the title altered before I got here?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Powerful stuff from someone who has been there.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
The second link in the opening post, from Redstate.com, adds the "Parliament has voted" statement. I was criticising that source.

In fact it's visible onscreen in the first paragraph of the quoted section.

edit on 21-8-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
It's almost like those MP's are trying to deflect any of the blame they deserve, isn't it?

This mess was started by Bush and Blair and every single idiot in charge in between then and now did nothing to ensure the safety of Afghanistan when our troops were gone.

It's everybody's fault.

Well, let's get real.

This withdraw debacle blame lays 100% on those who are currently implementing that plan or lack of one is more like it.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
The second link in the opening post, from Redstate.com, adds the "Parliament has voted" statement. I was criticising that source.

Ah okay, sorry about that. I wasn't in a rush to click that one because well, Red State...

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Be careful of fake outrage and anger.

In the meantime, all the devastation continues unchecked.

Complain but do nothing is dangerous. 😃

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: SprocketUK

It's everybody's fault.

Well, let's get real.

This withdraw debacle blame lays 100% on those who are currently implementing that plan or lack of one is more like it.

I'd share the blame to be honest, 20 years is long enough to raise millions of kids to adulthood.
We could have insisted they go to school and learn why to treat women properly, why people such as the Taliban are wrong and evil, then we could have taught them all small unit tactics and had an army that could have kicked those idiots backl out when they came back.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, that's what I thought it would be. Individual speech, not "vote".

The whole house agreed on both sides. Even applauded which was definitely heard in the Oval office.
Message well and truly sent!!

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Powerful stuff from someone who has been there.

I think he spoke for all of us veterans.
A lot of my mates are absolutely livid at Biden and feel very betrayed

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join