It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad parenting is dangerous (and other inconsiderations)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Every time I think I know the level of insanity, ignorance, stupidity and sheer hostile demonic nature of the evil inhabitants of this wretched mud stain of our solar system, someone just HAS to shatter that level of optimism to dust so I have to start anew, and ten times lower level.

Enough philosophy, let's get onto the rant. This is a true story, and it's not for the faint-hearted.

If you are easily triggered, offended, insulted, or just come to these forums to cause pain to other people, just go elsewhere, this post is not for you.

I am rarely as angry as I am right now, I feel like I can't help clenching my teeth and feeling like I am at some kind of boiling point, ready to explode. I want to punch every wall I see, I want to scream at every idiot that blocks my way or causes my any kind of frustration.

The bus drove SO slowly, that almost drove me insane. People were getting in and out like in slow motion - has my internal time sped up, or was I whisked to a circle of hell where torture is caused by everything being slow?

This was the least of today's troubles - let me get to the main point of the story.

I am having a 'nice walk' outside, as one often does in the summer/autumn time, when the nature is still displaying lots of beautiful green shapes and the gentle breeze caresses the skin, beautiful clouds move about the sky, creating variation in atmosphere and lighting, while also inspiring a passer-by.

Thinking about my life, I approach a residential area, and immediately I hear some kind of screamy commotion. I think nothing of it, except that it must be some kind of 'daycare center' (though how do you take care of a 'day' is beyond me).

I have passed by numerous daycare centers in my life, so I don't think it's going to be a big deal to do it once more to get to where I am going. The area is slightly 'notoriously bad', but everything seems peaceful, except those screams and general sounds of youthful unrest permetiate the air.

I glance at the general direction of the 'daycare center', which turns out to be around five male children. They look almost human, but little did I know, they were the typical pure demonic feces as the populace of this planet consists of very little else these days.

Now, I know about bad parenting. We all have presumably suffered from it in one way or another all our lives - we all know the screaming, spoiled brat in the supermarket that 'embarrasses' their bad parents, we all know the yelling kids that don't understand there's an 'inside voice' and 'outside voice' that you should consider when you're in a bus or library.

What happened next, STILL took me by shock and surprise, and my mind is still trying to construct a 'what I SHOULD have done' scenario after another, in an endless loop in a vain attempt to soothe the overflowing flamy anger that's causing me to see red - at least figuratively.

What do you do in a situation like this? Seriously? Without having time to prepare or think, when life completely surprises you - what do you do? What are your options as adult vs. kid, where the presumed 'supervisor' that I think I saw briefly, simply looks the other way and disappears?

I noticed one of the kids pick up a rock from the ground and stupidly throw it - thankfully, not towards me, I thought. My next thought was alarming, though - if they start thinking it's a good idea to pick up things from the ground and start throwing them around, this can escalate into something dangerous.

Well, surely they .. would.. not.. WHAT is that kid doing? As in slow motion, even now I see in the front of my mind's eye, that black cap-wearing, fully-clothed-in-black (how typical - colors aren't suddenly allowed anymore) brat sees me passing by - the distance between us is around 15 meters or so - remembers the other kid throwing that rock earlier, 'gets an idea' - and I can already predict what he's going to do, and praying internally he's NOT doing it.

I am thinking if I just look at the brat sternly, as an adult, they won't think I am some wimp who won't do anything, but they might stop and think twice what they're doing.

No such luck.

The brat looks at me like it's a normal thing to do, and then proceeds to WHISK that object DIRECTLY at me, as if this is what our family always does. We just see a stranger, and immediately throw something at them. What? Doesn't your family participate in this sophisticated ritual of constructive philosophical intellectualism and wisdom sharing, loving thy neighbour as yourself, and all that?

What .. the .. !@#%*"?

(That's actually more or less what I angrily yelled at the demon spawn brat after the fact)

WHAT kind of parenting allows, encourages, or at least leaves without ANY consequences, THROWING ROCKS AT INNOCENT BYPASSERS?!

The adult was either long gone, or didn't want to get involved - but what I want to know, is what was that absolute #!"*head thinking, what were their God damn (this is not swearing, I actually am asking the Creator to damn those people) parents thinking when they raise someone to be like this?

Thinking you can just throw rocks at bypassers and receive no consequences is a ridiculously dangerous way to live as a kid, and the parents should know better, even if they're the stupidest parents on the planet. You should NOT EVER raise your kids SO BADLY they proceed to think it's OK to throw things they find on the ground at bypassing adults!

Only a kid that does mischiveous crap and NEVER receives consistent punishments or consequences can think this is a feasible lifestyle, a good idea, or a way to treat fellow people on this horrible planet.

Every time this planet can't get worse, it shows me it already IS.. much worse than I apparently even think.

And anyone that has read my posts, should know I really do think this planet is absolutely horrible prison.

Imagine how bad a planet has to be to still be able to shock someone like me!

This example shows how bad parenting can be LITERALLY dangerous! Someone can die from sheer shock of the event (a bad heart, for example) - a properly thrown rock can split someone's skull, cause brain damage, amnesia, loss of motion, etc. Your badly-raised kid can put someone in a wheelchair for the rest of the life just because you let them pick up things from the ground and think it's a normal and good thing to throw those things at bypassers!

Why don't people at least watch a couple of episodes of Supernanny?

What boggles my mind, is the information is out there, it's SO EASY to get to, I know more about parenting and raising dogs than I will ever need to know, but these bad parents and dog handlers - and they're everywhere - don't know the FIRST thing about either!

How can it be that difficult to watch two episodes of two TV shows? That would give you the basics, and then you should be curious to gather more knowledge about these topics.

I can't imagine buying a pet, getting a kid, or purchasing a friggin' TOASTER without first researching the topic THOROUGHLY so I am fully prepared and know what I am doing. Do these morons think it's good enough to just pump one out and just wing it?

Holy cow, what's the thinking process when they decide to NOT research anything, but just buy a dog with completely wrong energy and personality for your lifestyle, because
"it's cute", or get a kid because "I want one"?

WHAT is wrong with people? Not even a single-cell organism can be THIS STUPID!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
WHY are word limitations still a thing? 2021 and you don't have room for some WORDS? COME ON!

So, this kid can get scott-free throwing things at bypassers, I bet I won't be the only victim of that demonic brat. It notices nothing happened, so it will do it again. I pity the next victim, it could even be.. *GASP* .. a woman! (Although gender is just a social construction, of course..)

What has to happen before people take parenting seriously? How many eyes does this kid's thrown rocks have to puncture, how many skulls does he have to split before someone actually tells the idiot it's WRONG?

What kind of family do you have to live in to even GET that idea in the first place? "Let's throw rocks at people!"

WHAT kind of thought process and everyday life leads to THAT moment in time, where this thought happens in the !@%&!*s brain?

Yeah, I am angry, but this IS the rant-section.. too bad that people don't even know how to rant properly anymore.

Of course I am so shocked I am speechless, walking and rewinding the moment over and over in my mind and all the things I could have done, all the things I should have done (like talking to the adults in the area, if there were any around, I was so shocked I didn't even think to glance around to confirm - after all, that bstrd could've thrown another object towards my general direction), and ... well, I am not sure if I should reveal this, but I have to admit there were things I really _WANTED_ to do..

..better not talk in more detail as to what those things were, but let's just say they would probably shock the gentle mind as much as the event of someone actually throwing stuff directly at me and looking at me as if it's the normal thing to do shocked me.

So I try to get it out of my mind, I go to a 'recycle place' - I think in America, people call those 'Thrift Stores' or something.

I am minding my own business, finding this object and that, going through some DVDs and such, when I notice this older Karen-like hag just sitting on a chair, talking on the phone pretty loudly, and it looks like she had been there for a long time already before I even came in. Of course the topics ranged from Cosmology, Ancient Spirituality of the Greek compared to the ancient Chinese energy healing to the philosophical dialogues of Plato and then she of course analyzed the current world and its people from a larger perspective that encompasses the old Egyptian wisdom and the higher levels of humanity, juxtaposed to the industrial revolution and how the factory style of working has damaged the human mind..

..just kidding, they of course talked about the same crap every superficial jerk always talks about, money, their own, petty problems, where they are right now, and how expensive food is and so on. Sigh.

How do I know this? Well, despite fuming with anger and trying to mind my own business, it's kind of difficult when some inconsiderate !@%!"#! just basically screams your ears off without seemingly having any intention of actually, you know, BUYING something.

This accursed, wretched wench was treating this place of BUSINESS as some kind of town square where they can just talk on the phone very loudly and not buy anything or even check the selection. And their poor, tired legs of course necessitate that the ACTUAL customers are robbed of one of the RARE seats in the place - heaven forbid _I_, an active and buying customer could need to sit down for one minute after my long and mentally + emotionally exhausting walk.

It's more important that this freeloader, this businessplace-abuser, this other-customer-disturber has a throne on which to majestically announce the minutia of their pathetically shallow life so all her worthless subjects around can hear what a fat blob thinks about everything no one cares about! Hurrah, this is such a paradise world, isn't it?!

Either buy something or get the Fjord out, why the Hefner would someone just come to a place of business, sit down, and talk on the phone for presumably HOURS and not buy anything or even browse? Just sitting and talking on the phone very loudly should not be allowed.

Of course I go right next to her, start loudly moving objects, browsing DVDs, etc - and this !@#%"#* can't do anything, because technically, I am doing the normal, expected, usual customer stuff, just browsing DVDs and such - not my fault that they happen to be located right behind her neck. It clearly wants to say something to me about it, but I ignore it while continuing to browse (and I am honestly browsing, there might be something I want to buy), but to my annoyance, this manifestation of oozing contempt and inconsideration towards others translocates its slowly moving sweaty compost of pure disgust a couple of meters to the OTHER rare chair and continues yammering the inconsequential details loudly to my ear as if MY life depended on hearing them!

What possesses someone to be this inconsiderate? Why do people do this? Don't they care AT ALL about other people?

Just when I think I can't get angrier, the demons that have been allowed to curse my day, perfectize this moment by suddenly making the molecyles in the air form a specific pattern that accumulates in a wavelike motion that rapidly reaches my ears - and doesn't stop there. Like a combination of a shrill drill and the most painfully sharp arrow in the world, this effect seems to push its way through my skull, my head, my brain and my mind, and then multiply inside me until something in me snaps.

We've all experienced it - the aural wave that comes without warning, and doesn't stop. Well, it stops - but only to get amplified when the next wave arrives, so your head will probably have micro-earthquakes hours after the fact, and it's gonna take days for your soul to completely stop shaking from the sheer terror and need to escape.

Yes, ANOTHER example of bad parenting - screaming little kids and their relentlessly egotistical, selfish MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
that impales and penetrates everything in around 100 m vicinity - heck, I don't think even garbage trucks' overly-loud backing-up beep-sound can compete.

The shrill tearing sound of a kid screaming from the top of their lungs with all their might can only be surpassed by the sheer silence of the parent's completely passive, lethargic non-activity.

Another parent just doesn't do ANYTHING when a kid screams inside a business. It never fails.

It's like these parents have a list they faithfully follow:

1) Don't do anything right
2) Let kids do whatever they want all day long, don't arrange any consequences
3) Bring them to a place where there are lots of other people
4) Make sure they're cranky and are going to suddenly start screaming and crying
5) Every single day, do some kind of lung exercizes so the volume can be maximized

I mean, I would NOT be surprised if I found out 99% of parents ACTUALLY follow this kind of list.

What the.. if are stupid, ignorant or evil enough to not teach your kids the 'inside voice' and 'outside voice', DO NOT BRING YOUR BRATS WHERE THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY INSIDE BUILDINGS OR BUSES!!

There are always ways to silence your kids - and I don't mean anything bad or violent, I mean, LEGITIMATE ways to make kids stop crying (or teach them to not even cry), but parents don't like to research, I guess, so we ALL have to suffer! What selfish gits are these people?

(ANOTHER accursed word limitation!! WHY??!)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
There was a guy in Dr. Phil that taught how very young kids, babies, toddlers, etc. can be made to stop crying simply by simulating someone hugging them tightly, I don't remember what the term is in english, but basically you make the kids experience 'the womb' again by way of wrapping them tightly in something. This soothes them and they don't want to cry anymore.

Kids that can already communicate, which probably means from 2 and up, can be given consequences, as Supernanny has shown us so many times. How hard is it to do that?? I mean, it's a struggle in the beginning, but if you're consistent, it should be soon very easy to stop your kid's bad behaviour and eventually eliminate it completely, as they will understand what is expected of them.

But how often do parents tell their kids before they go to a public place, what's expected of them? If they AT LEAST did that, it would be something.

Anyway, I have more to rant, but I am tired, and I want to try to calm down at some point, being angry for an extended amount of time is exhausting.

But holy !@%!"#*, I can't believe how BAD the situation is, and how IGNORANT the people of this planet are! HOW HARD IS IT TO WATCH TWO EPISODES OF SUPERNANNY AND DOG WHISPERER?!

Please, please, PLEASE get rid of word limitations! There's NO REASON for it, and it's just cumbersome to have to post three or four messages when all I want to do is post and move on, why do I have to suffer this ridiculously archaic indignity on top of already being angered by the stupidity of people this much?? AAGRRGH!! HOW CAN ANYONE LIVE IN THIS CRAPPY WORLD?!

P.S. Forgot to mention - I was carrying my old mp3 player so I can listen to radio or music sometimes, but I don't use it much, since I like to 'be in the world' when I am in the world (but I usually go out when there are no people around anyway, so world -seems- beautiful - this rant proves it's not). So I was fuming with anger, thinking, maybe I can calm down if I listen to radio, maybe there will be some message or song or something that will soothe me and bring me back to normal from 'wanting to punch every atom in existence' feeling.

The first thing that comes to my poor ears, way too loud, so I have to go to 'volume lowering mode', which then prohibits any other modes (like changing radio channel), is "Take Corona Vaccine, it will protect you and your loved ones from the dangerous corona virus and.." ..

The TONE was SO Syrapy and weird, I didn't know whether to scream, panic or throw myself off a cliff - and I had never heard such BS said so directly in a radio so blatantly and.. I couldn't turn it off or change the channel because I was fumbling with the volume (and I didn't think to turn it down, because I was also trying to change the channel, which wouldn't work until the 'volume changing mode' turned off, so I had to listen to that propaganda crap for SO LONG it's a miracle my ears, brain and mind didn't all start bleeding simultaneously)..

Friday the 13th? Pff, nothing. Friday the 20th? PURE HELL!
edit on 20-8-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I read the first one. Not reading the second.
You sound psycho.
Try meditation maybe.
Jesus

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina
This is how a rant is supposed to be.

A spray of fire that consumes all in it's path and spares mention of no injustice, no matter how trivial.

As a person that is overly conscious of not infringing on either the physical or psychological space of others, I agree with nearly everything.

Forgive them for their ignorance, but never be afraid to humiliate those that engage in atrocious behavior should they not respond to polite requests.

Throwing rocks at people isn't just bad parenting, it's a crime.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I agree that parenting these days is not what it's used to be.
The world is a different place then when I was a kid in the 80ties (don't know what age the OP is).
We, as kids would make bow and arrows out of sticks and shoot each other, we would throw rocks at each other, we would go home in the evening with bleeding knees and bumps on our heads and a face that showed we had been crying for a short while and our parents would react with a slap to the head and a warning that 'we would poke out an eye someday'.
But we Never showed disrespect to grown ups!!!
And if we did? Then that grown up would grab us by the ear and dragged us home to our parents telling them what we said or did... resulting in yet another slap to the head from mom or dad.

I see this kind of behavior from kids almost daily in my store. The other day, while the parents were looking at a television to buy, their kid was loudly running around the store. The parents let it happen. Then the kid started opening the doors from the washing machines and slam them back shut, over and over and over again. The parents did nothing. My angry looks towards the kid didn't help, probably because he could only see my eyes with the mask on. He just looked me straight in the eye while continuing what he was doing. I secretly hoped that his fingers would get caught!
Eventually I told the parents that if he breaks it, they pay for it. Only then they went to get the kid and left the store. No apology, nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Pick it up, throw it back.

Actions have consequences, and parents stopped spanking children in the 90s.
Those kids have their own kids n, and you met one.
Two generations of getting away with acting like an idiot... This is one more reason Why all of society is collapsing so rapidly. The parents of that child are of the same generation that will be running for Congress soon. Judges. Policy makers.
In twenty years that kid will be your local traffic cop.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I actually agree with the majority of your rant.

People suck their kids suck their grandparents suck.

I don’t perscribe personally to respecting elders anymore simply for being old because I’ve met way to many people who just sucked wind for 80 years and think they are smart and accomplished. To many 80 year olds with stupid boomer children who have stupid gen x kids who made the most retarded current gen.

I don’t consider some ones age when I weigh how much respect to give them any more then their skin colour.

There are still many many great people from all generations that can see through the smoke and mirrors. Sadly a ultra minority.

edit on 20-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's when you pull out a gun and claim self defense. 5 boys aged 12-16 beat a homeless man to death in my old neck of the woods. Even children especially in groups are bluntly capable of murder.. your lucky rocks is all they threw at you.

But I would get a license to carry just to be on the safe side.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
Every time this planet can't get worse, it shows me it already IS.. much worse than I apparently even think.

And anyone that has read my posts, should know I really do think this planet is absolutely horrible prison.

1. You seem depressed...if so, you should seek some help.

2. You have never raised children, have you?

ETA: Kids can be little #s...that's because their brains don't fully mature until they're 25 and they do dumb things...but I'm sure that you were perfect as a child, so I'm sure that doesn't pertain to you (no, I'm not dismissing the potential injuries of kids throwing rocks at people, I'm just speaking in general). But you act like the world needs to be perfect or else you cannot function. Yes, people talk on their cell phones in public places and in stores, even if you have an opinion that it's rude (being passive-aggressive by being rudely noisy next to her on purpose isn't much better), and young kids have a selfish attitude in stores sometimes and they can be loud.

This is called living in a society, and if that makes you so angry, then maybe move out of society...and pay for services so that you're not annoyed by COVID adds for getting to listen to music for free.
edit on 20-8-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Suplex the little mofo.

new topics

top topics

join