It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderna starts human trials for its revolutionary HIV vaccine this week

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here is Moderna lunching HIV/mRNA vax human trails a bit to early. Would HIV/mRNA need booster shots? this is a bit to early to be thinking of doing another vax.

Moderna starts human trials for its revolutionary HIV vaccine this week

The clinical trials will start on August 19 and end sometime around spring 2023, according to the National Institutes of Health’s trial registry. They will involve 56 HIV-negative participants aged 18 to 56. The participants will be given one or two forms of mRNA that cause the body to form defenses against HIV infection.

edit on 19-8-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

If they can develop a vaccine, why is there no cure yet? Can this vaccine be seen as a cure in the sense that if a person already has HIV in their system, that it then learns to fight it?

How are they going to test the efficiency in phase 2? Infect those 89 people with HIV and hope for the best?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Actually they have a good cocktail that have been known to keep HIV from even be detected again, soo I wonder why a vaccine, now, it seems with the covid mandates this pharma can not let a good opportunity to used human as test subject for anything.

Are they also under immunity for wrong doings?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Detection rates are one thing, isn't that virus known to go inactive in places our defense does not reach? Therefor it can not be detected by any test either until it re-emerges?

I might confuse something because I never heard about positive-negative-positive results. That's not a surprise though because luck for me I never had a reason to read in to the topic.

I don't know about the immunity but it would not surprise me they sneak it in. Last I remember the vaccine for cov2 was granted immunity for because of emergency use and global pandemic.

They might just change that to the real reason now, mRNA vaccines not being tested for long term side effects, yet.

Could be a reemerging scheme in the future "Here is that drug/vaccine because emergency / only available option but we are not liable for anything".
edit on 19.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: typo and added "yet" to a sentence to not spawn confusion

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Wow more of the synthetic crap to be injected now in the form of new vaccines, how much can the body will take of this, why no wait for the long term effects of the covid ones, before trying to keep injecting this type of technology for everything.

I wonder if the body is going to be in a panic mode and start attacking everything with soo many mixed codes in the cells.

This going to be interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If this works as well as the COVID mRNA vaccine, everyone that takes it will develop AIDS.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

So what happens?

You can still get and give HIV, it just feels better when you die?

You'd think they would have started with the MUCH more serious HIV for their "novel" mRNA vaccine.

Next up: HIV Delta.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We may have another pandemic in the workings, full blown hiv back in business, I am sure the big pharm are already working on the new boosters for that. after the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

They might just change that to the real reason now, mRNA vaccines not being tested for long term side effects.

This Phase I trial will last 18 months.
clinicaltrials.gov...

If it meets desired outcomes it will be followed up with Phase 2 and then Phase 3 trials.

edit on 8/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There is no cure because HIV is a retrovirus. Unlike the fables that anti-vaxxers like to spread regarding the Covid vaccines, HIV viruses actually DO get into your cell nucleus and alter your genome. The viral DNA can hide there essentially for as long as you live, periodically coming out to wreak havoc all over again.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I should have added the word "yet", as I did not want to express that there is no research. Good catch, going to change it (just so you know I do not mess with you)

After one comes two and three obviously

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: butcherguy

We may have another pandemic in the workings, full blown hiv back in business, I am sure the big pharm are already working on the new boosters for that. after the vaccine.

Full blown HIV???
What lol

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You get used to it after a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

We have had an effective hiv vaccine for many decades..
Condoms.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Sex isn't the only way to spread it.

Drug addicts, botched blood transfusions (but they test so that's low probability) and a fringe case: Surgeons or first responder getting infected blood squirted in their eyes.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Two thirds of the world's cases are in third world Africa.
I doubt it's from sharing heroin needles.

Sure there are other methods of spreading the disease but most cases would be prevented with condoms.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Condoms are not effective against those cases I pointed out. Your example is not fitting, it might be funny sidemark but not in alignment with reality.

Therefor condoms are not an effective HIV vaccine. 2/3 of cases in Africa is still ignoring the breastmilk infection route and infection during birth.

If effective means smaller than 2/3 for you then I can accept that though, doesn't make your claim true.
edit on 19.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You know I been sarcastic, I wish all those that will be testing this new vax all the luck in the world, I remember when HIV came out and many people I knew were victims of this disease, things has change, treatments has been good.

A vaccine will be great, but it is really necessary? people are living long lives without one this days.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I have a relative on this particular mix, has worked for about a decade since diagnosis. Still several trips to the infectious disease doctor a year to monitor and they've gone 100% celibate because of it. If this vaccine does what it should and makes it through all trials and a good bit of long term study I would celebrate it.

Then again every time I hear about advances in this field they tend to vanish. I always ask their doctor when I take them to the visits about a lot of these. I'll be sure to ask about this one during their next appointment.

Edit: perhaps elimination of the virus itself? That would be serious cause for celebration. Yes the treatment works well, so well that you'll die of something else long before HIV kills you, at least in the US these days.
edit on 8/19/21 by Hypntick because: additional info

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I hope your relative get a chance to do the trial and all works good for him, HIV is nothing to be made fun off, it is devastating, but people has learn to live and get treatment with it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join