It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderna starts human trials for its revolutionary HIV vaccine this week

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   
That's not proof that the PCR test is not fit for purpose though is it.

My car can take me anywhere I want to go but that doesn't mean I'm in Mexico right now.

The whole argument against PCR is based on a few comments made by Mullis yet it's been used for years now to detect STDs some types of cancer, used in criminal cases and it's been shown time and time again to be good.

It's only since covid 19 that a bunch of people online who had never even heard of PCR latched on to some fragments of information and used them out of context to try and argue against the whole pandemic.

a reply to: sapien82

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

so from the horses mouth , and its out of context ?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It is being used out of context as an attempt to discredit the PCR test as a valid method yes.

Answer me this if you can.

If a PCR can find anything and is unfit for purpose how come the positive result rate in the UK for covid 19 PCR is only 4.5%?

If it can find anything and being used improperly how is it not finding covid in over 95 percent of people tested?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

HIV hides in the body and creates reservoirs of itself. Even a complete bone marrow transplant will not rid the body of it. The only 'cure' is to be transplanted with the bone marrow of an immune individual as of right now.

Hope this vaccine works.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Because if you stop the medication you will die, so you need it for life. HIV also mutates from people not taking the medication properly, and many medications are worthless against certain strains now. It's only a matter of time before the rest are worthless too.

Why are you against a vaccine for it?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

It's not uncommon for an infected covid person to be negative on their PCR and require multiple tests, even when symptomatic. I have seen it happen quite a few times.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yes but if we are going to believe the claim that PCR is not fit for purpose because "it can detect anything" as the member says then the rate of positives would be very high wouldn't it.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

a fair point , to which I do not have an answer

id like to find the full interview to see what he says after that bit
but why are they using the PCR if he said its not fit for that testing in the first place?

Surely we'd listen to the guy who invented it right

edit on 20-8-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Have you seen him actually say it's not fit for purpose when.mass testing for a virus or have you just seen lots of people say that he said this?

I know he said it's open to abuse as it "could" be used to find "anything" but there still has to he a trace of that "anything" in the first place"

PCR cannot distinguish between a live virus and an inactive one for example.

It's my opinion that if as a scientist he was really serious about it then he would have written papers about how it should not be used on this manner right? Or at least have documented it well.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Yeh I am reading his book on PCR right now

so Ill see if his book mentions anything like this

PCR kary mullis

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Jump to page 406 for use with infectious disease, I'm as interested as you now I think.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

HIV hides in the body and creates reservoirs of itself. Even a complete bone marrow transplant will not rid the body of it. The only 'cure' is to be transplanted with the bone marrow of an immune individual as of right now.

Hope this vaccine works.

To add to your Thought/Post.

Injected Bone Marrow of a person with the CCR5 mutation (which means you are resistant against one of the 2 types of HIV), and even in that case, it is very hard to find a person with that mutation that is a match to your blood and genetic typing.

en.wikipedia.org...

---

The best we have now is a 1 a day pill (PREP) that makes the Viral level undetectable in your blood stream. (Technically you can have sex without a Condom, but I don't agree with that).

edit on Augam682021-05:00062021 by MagnoPho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

My car can take me anywhere I want to go

Drive it to Mexico right now.
After that, have it take you to the moon.

Is it a special car?
Or is it one of those standard tiny British cars?

Oh, and you can't use the excuse that you 'don't want to go' to Mexico, because that would make you a racist... at least that's how it works on this side of the Atlantic.
edit on b000000312021-08-20T07:18:22-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 20 Aug 2021 07:18:22 -0500700000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You also have to basically be dead for it to work as well. In the two successful cases I've read about the first guy they had to get into some absolutely awful shape for it to work. I think the second guy had a much easier time of it, but still not fun. If a vaccine is safe and effective, then I see it helping out developing countries quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A vaccine for debauchery.. I can see Fire Island and the bath houses being reactivated with a vengeance..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join