It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

When I changed my lifestyle from very active to more passive, my stomach was still the size i needed to get the calories for the active day. Then i got fat because i was still eating the same amount of food. I had this several times in my life, after approximately half a year of steadily being just not fully full after eating the stomach resizes... I'm now at the amount of calories i need for the lazy day and my weight has dropped again to where i was 2 years ago...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You know how I lost these 40 pounds / 20kg? I just used a smaller dish plate, ate really slow and listened into me for these experiences:

"I am hungry"
"I do not feel hunger anymore"
"I can not eat anymore"

I reflected during phase 1 and quit when phase 2 was recognizeable. Often I wasn't hungry anymore when I finished the small dish plate. Then every time I felt craving, I worked out and afterwards ate fruit or vegetables. Telling my body basically, if you crave sweets, you're going to get a workout and something healthy.

People asked me if I am sick first, because I lost weight so steady.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It really depends on what carbs you eat. And what fats you eat and how much.

Eating nothing but meat and fats cannot be good for a person at risk of heart disease...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know what you're saying and I agree, nevertheless processed food is a very broad therm and it was more semantics i wanted to clear up. The Chees, the juice, even the honey at the farmers shop could be considered processed food?

I think GD is making a good point and using a fitting label with food industry

a reply to: GammaD

the food industry is poisoning us

Just enough so we get sick but don't die... if we take this pill or that jab...

Business as usual...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
I know what you're saying and I agree, nevertheless processed food is a very broad therm and it was more semantics i wanted to clear up. The Chees, the juice, even the honey at the farmers shop could be considered processed food?

Processed food, as I'm describing, is prepared/semi-prepared industrialized packaged food.

edit on 19-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
After I had COVID, the doctors had me taking a giant Mucinex horse pill that was time release over twelve hours. I took it twice a day. That stuff got rid of my appetite and gave me diarrhea.
So I'm wondering if I could somehow start marketing a weight loss plan?
But I don't want any liability when it is discovered that Mucinex gives you gonad cancer in twenty years.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Eating and cooking is something I always enjoy and if I'm alone and don't have an ordered day, my eating pattern is very diffrent, i eat when I'm hungry... Sometimes I go the whole day without feeling hungry, then again I have crazy cravings, i do them all and try to keep it balanced.

People that eat because its time to eat, can drive me crazy.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree, eat what you want until your fat an happy. Just don’t make me get a vax or wear a mask for your benifit ever.
I don’t believe your the kind of person that would force a view point on me or force compliance. But the same can’t be said for every fat old scared person facing their own mortality.
a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You had me at the Hockey-Stick-Graph™ ...

Some might say : The CDC™ is a Big-Science™ blow-up doll, made to look pretty to fool the good people.

The story is related to the Big-Sugar™ scandal from way back, where they, very successfully, distracted the whole world away from the health problems caused by refined-sugar products, and caused the BS Cholesterol war.

Here's some old threads :

ATS : In 1968-Project 259 Found Sugar may lead to Heart Disease/Cancer-Funding pulled,

ATS : Refined Carbohydrates and Adrenal Fatigue.

ATS : Battling the Food Conspiracy.

Am not sure those are the best, but just do a search for Big-Sugar.

If you get this instead : well it's time to stop being cereal, and party :

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I just watched this informative opinion piece in the form of a documentary called "fatspiracy"...

The absolute best video I've ever seen about the low-fat-LIE is 'The Fat Lies' by Dr. Pradip Jamnadas:

Then there are many accounts of diabetes Type 2 being "cured" through a ketogenic diet, not cured, but people get off their insulin, which I think is a great development.Ketogenic diet can help, but it isn't the cure for TypeII diabetes - that is called 'Intermittent Fasting', aka 'time-restrictive-eating'.

There are two arguably equally important but very different aspects of 'diet' that affect your health...

The first is when you eat - or more importantly, when you don't eat.

The second is what you eat. There are lots of different theories, but they all agree on one general rule - eliminate all (or as much as possible) processed foods, the single most important item being sugar.

Dr. Jason Fung has treated thousands of Diabetics, and has had 100% success rate (for those that actually comply) by implementing them on an intermittent fasting schedule that lowers their blood insulin levels (the actual culprit behind weight gain), eliminates insulin resistance and restores healthy insulin sensitivity levels at the cellular level.

He's got many videos on curing Type II diabetes (and many many other topics too), here is a short one entitled "Reverse Type II Diabetes Naturally (The Basics)":

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I think we all agree that processed food is not healthy, and the best thing is a diverse and varied diet, with no big-sugar if possible.

I'm simple-minded when it comes to this

What kind of sealed it for me is YT's playlist on ketogenic diet, one informative video and plenty of opinion pieces where people attack the idea. If I see these algorithms at work, I know someone has an agenda.

I have thrust issues, i admit.... especially when it comes to big corporation...
well after actually taking the time, it seems most of these tubers are some diehard vegans offended mostly by the suggestion to eat more animal products...

Food as medicine i like that idea alot

Could it be that we dont exactly work all the same and some react better to one treatment than others. Especially when it comes to foods...

I'm thinking ayurvedic approach?

Thank you for bringing an alternative. as the issue with fat is that it affects the intercellular insulin management so high fat no carb does not cure it, and one might say it makes it worse... but i does take you off the insulin.... I guess its for the ones that can't implement a fasting schedule. It's always challenging to not give in to basic needs...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I guess its for the ones that can't implement a fasting schedule. It's always challenging to not give in to basic needs...

No such thing. Intermittent Fasting is simple. It isn't exactly easy for some people, but it really is not that hard. It does take a modicum of will power, but not that much, and everyone possesses plenty enough to achieve their goals.

Think of it merely as a total cessation of 'snacking'.

However - there are those that simply will choose not to heal themselves. That is on them, but it is their choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
Eating nothing but meat and fats cannot be good for a person at risk of heart disease...

Do you have any evidence for this statement? On the contrary, there is good info that cutting all cards and eating healthy fats (protein in moderation) is very healthy.

There are couple good videos to start with if you are interested in improving your health and longevity:

My advice: Cut ALL sugars from your diet as soon as possible, and don't replace it with bad stuff like Acesulfame K/Potassium etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's why it's so hard to get people to eat real food, healthy food. Their palates are wrecked for anything not full of lots of sugar and salt. If you read package labels at the store, it's hard to find anything without added sugar/corn syrup.

It's an adventure finding hot dogs not larded down with sweetener.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I cut 50 lbs on a high fat, high protein, low carb diet. That was before I started the exercise.

I don't keep carbs exclusively out of my diet, but I don't make them a centerpiece either.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The easiest way to intermittent fast is to plan most of the fast while you sleep.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's an adventure finding hot dogs not larded down with sweetener.

Two words: German pork store.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone says. Eliminate or eat barely any grams of sugar a day and you can eat just about anything and either lose weight or stay at a decent healthy weight.

SUGAR IS THE DEVILS POSIN

Cut sugar, you stop craving a lot of things including heavy carbs like pasta....I have found. You stop having a desire to snack. Sugar IMO leads to wanting to eat more whether it be more sugar or more food in general.

Seriously, all it takes is cutting it OUT and things will change.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The easiest way to intermittent fast is to plan most of the fast while you sleep.

Great advice. I've done this a few times and my feeding hours were 2 pm - 10 pm. The majority of my fasting hours were when I was sleeping. Quite a bit of the "I really need breakfast" feeling is just from habit. Some mornings you'll want it but mostly it isn't a big deal to wait till 2 pm to eat.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

People that eat because its time to eat, can drive me crazy.

Same here, one should eat when hungry.

IMHO with a child it's important to give them a steady schedule when to expect things. It's important in my opinion they have regular eating schedules. They will be hungry at these times, the human body adapts very fast and knows when to expect food. Then hunger and eating schedule align and everything is good.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join