It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just watched this informative opinion piece in the form of a documentary called "fatspiracy"...

25% of young adults are too heavy to serve. CDC PDF UNFIT TO SERVE

I wasn't aware that obesity is such an issue in the USA, and it all started to get worse when the USDA released a new healthy low fat diet guideline.

All because John Gofman was baked with his study back in 1950, claiming fats are the reason for heart disease. Whereas, the alternative study, concluding that carbs are much more part of the problem, got ridiculed and the scientist promoting the findings lost his reputation.
In 1955, Ancel Keys further sealed the faith of that recommendation with his highly biased and unscientific 7 country study, where he cherry-picked the countries that would fortify his theory.

The USDA had 2 mandates to strengthen the national agricultural section and advise the nation on healthy food. That is kind of mutually exclusive, and there might be a conspiracy there.

My first thought was, they did it again, a sneaky attack on the population making them sick, bringing profit to first the agricultural and in the long run the pharma sector.
But then another thought came.
We can run on a ketogenic diet completely, we don't need carbs to survive there are no macronutrients we could not get otherwise, but we can't live without proteins and fat.

Maybe it is more a question of how many individuals you can feed, and at one point you have to go with carbs as the good fat is animal fat, and it's just impossible to feed everyone.

Then there are many accounts of diabetes Type 2 being "cured" through a ketogenic diet, not cured, but people get off their insulin, which I think is a great development.

What kind of sealed it for me is YT's playlist on ketogenic diet, one informative video and plenty of opinion pieces where people attack the idea. If I see these algorithms at work, I know someone has an agenda.

I know little to nothing about the whole topic, but Diabetes is an issue in my family, so I wonder what do the more knowledgeable folks on ATS think....

edit on 19-8-2021 by Terpene because: never trust a graf you didnt falsify yourself

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't care what any doc say out of this that maybe negative, but true from the old docs here. Margarine is one of the main culprits of diabetes . And so is white syrup known as corn syrup, its now used in sodas world wide.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I’m calling bullsh1t

My evidence is one word “bacon”

Someone says “oh boy your one fat mother *”

You say “bacon”

Said other someone sumbitch says with a smile “yeah I love that * too”

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

What do you call bull*snip?
That sugar and carbs are not healthy, whereas animal fat is good for you?
Or just bacon?

It would be a shame to devolve this thread into fat shaming, let DBC and Augustus do that, your fatter than that... I mean butter...better.... you're better than that!

Sometimes I find it very interesting to see the different strategies to take down and weaken a nation...
edit on 19-8-2021 by Terpene because: Butter makes better jokes

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Brotherman

What do you call bull*snip?
That sugar and carbs are not healthy, whereas animal fat is good for you?
Or just bacon?

It would be a shame to devolve this thread into fat shaming, let DBC and Augustus do that, your fatter than that... I mean better...better.... you're better than that!

Sometimes I find it very interesting to see the different strategies to take down and weaken a nation...

Quit fondling my fat. It's rude, kind of hot too, nevermind don't stop

on a 50/50 glance its either too obese or too underfed. What's the middle ground?

I know someone is going to say there are more healthy people because of this or that

I say eat what you want none of my business and while your out would you get me some corned beef hash and a pack of double thick butcher shop bacon please?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well, it's not by accident. The term "supersize me" and "big gulp" are bewildering to me. I am not ascetic, I have feasted too much on fests too...

It feels like many things in the US, no judgment here, are honed for over-consume. And the more one eats on a regular basis, the stomach stretches over time and a portion of food that would have served two people is suddenly not enough to satisfy the hunger. It's a self feeding cycle because the more weight, the more energy is needed and if everytime that energy level is overshot by far, one does get thick and heavy.

This is not fat shaming, it's my opinion that everyone can do with their body what they want. I lost 40 pounds myself last year, pregnancy pounds and even though I was feeling somehow comfortable with that weight, I feel much better now, being on the weight I was before the pregnancy.

It's something worth if I can touch my nose with a toe or a knee

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

People eat too much processed junk from supermarkets which, incidentally, are designed to get you to eat more processed junk. If it comes in a box or a container it's most likely not good for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I totally agree, everyone is free to do whatever he wants as long as it's not obstructing my, or anyone elses freedom to do so too.

If you have a food guideline telling you what healty is, that turns out to be a blueprint for obesity... Still you are indeed free to do with your body as you please... smoke, jab, drink, drive, abort, and eat whatever you like.
Just know that the consequences might just be a life long pharmaceutical dependency.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is sad on so many levels. And it's not hard to cook most of the things for the same price, with better quality, better taste and texture.

I consider myself a good cook, yet I was told by someone that only knows junk food that my lasagna was good but not like he knows it. I wasn't upset or anything, but asked what he would do different, as I like constructive critics. After some back and forth I found out he never ate lasagna other than the cardbox packed frozen stuff full of artificial flavors

The lasagna was made with family bologna recipe, from the day before. With one or two day old bologna sauce, the flavor can't get any more intense IMHO without pouring in artificial flavors and I don't have such poison in my kitchen.

Add: I forgot, the lasagna was al dente but he only knows the mushy stuff.
edit on 19.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Apparently so yes and taking out the fat makes it tasteless so they compensate with sugar... Its not the processed food...
If I go to a restaurant, that's processed food too, right?

It's lunchtime now and all the talk about unhealthy food got me craving for some fast food, I'll give macdoodle a go or maybe würger king

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Just throwing it out there that sugar combined with soy is the combination responsible for so much obesity in western-diet nations, not just the US. Soy was the food additive darling of the 80's. Anyone around before then can remember a time when an obese person was a rarity, especially in youths.

If you care to know, phytates in soy obstruct your bodies ability to absorb calcium, magnesium, chromium, manganese, zinc and more. Guess what your body uses to metabolize sugar? Yes, those very same trace minerals. And find a label on the grocery store shelf that doesn't have sugar or soy in it. I walk up and down the aisles looking crazy, reading labels and complaining out loud about how the food industry is poisoning us.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I consider myself a good cook, yet I was told by someone that only knows junk food that my lasagna was good but not like he knows it. I wasn't upset or anything, but asked what he would do different, as I like constructive critics. After some back and forth I found out he never ate lasagna other than the cardbox packed frozen stuff full of artificial flavors

That is because their body/brain chemistry has been reprogrammed with engineered food. It has just enough salt and sugar to make it taste 'better' and trick you into eating more when you are already full. This is why there are so many morbidly obese people around the world and the primary cause can be traced to the over consumption of processed food.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Apparently so yes and taking out the fat makes it tasteless so they compensate with sugar... Its not the processed food...
If I go to a restaurant, that's processed food too, right?

No, it isn't the same thing. Restaurant food may often times be higher in fat (which isn't necessarily bad for you) but one of the things you're taught in culinary school is proper seasoning/preparation which is why restaurant food often tastes better than food you may cook at home.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

macdoodle würger king

A Kaiserschmarrn with a metric ton of powdered sugar would be healthier than anything you can get there.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I know that instead of trying exercise and healthy diet, my FIL just takes the pills his MD gives him.

He's obese with heart problems and diabetes. The MD has a pill for him for everything and doesn't really insist he change hos lifestyle (which should be the first suggestion).

I think over prescribing of unnecessary meds is part of the problem and makes people even lazier.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Let me at least choose the way I die

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here some more information

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I agree and typically the customer that visit's restaurants worth called to be restaurant, knows what had been processed or not. The texture, color, look and everything. Like fried two times and other give-aways. A good restaurant worth it's name doesn't need processed food or flavors.

Of course behind in the kitchen, things that are prepared in batches may be frozen because of logistics, but still handmade. The base sauce for many meat-dishes takes about six minutes to whip up from scratch, with fresh ingredients. Not a single powder-sauce in this world could reach the richness in flavor, ever, without just overstimulating the tongue.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Of course behind in the kitchen, things that are prepared in batches may be frozen because of logistics, but still handmade. The base sauce for many meat-dishes takes about six minutes to whip up from scratch, with fresh ingredients. Not a single powder-sauce in this world could reach the richness in flavor, ever, without just overstimulating the tongue.

I still freeze a few things. I always have soups, stocks and sauces in my freezer since I make them all from scratch and I like having them on hand on short notice.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Almost skipped / oversaw the reply.

That is because their body/brain chemistry has been reprogrammed with engineered food.

I agree. Like artificial vanilla or strawberry taste. Hand them a dish with fresh strawberry and some vanilla mark... Heaven on earth for everyone liking these two flavors, tasteless for those that only know artificial strawberry and vanilla taste.

Late edit:

I still freeze a few things. I always have soups, stocks and sauces in my freezer since I make them all from scratch and I like having them on hand on short notice.

Same here, stock, soups, sauces, even pasta water frozen into ice cubes for thickening dishes. Pizza sauce you get it. There's nothing wrong with doing that, it isn't processed, just frozen. May loose some texture or vitamins but still has more than the processed stuff most of the time, I guess.

edit on 19.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join