It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia teacher resigns... for good reason

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DustyDust

It is written that Jesus himself refused to pass judgement in matters not within his purview:

Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?”

I have no jurisdiction in Loudoun County, nor anywhere in the State of Virginia.

If litigants wanted my opinion they would direct the facts and evidences directly to me. They have not.

Ordinarily, a person resigning her position is not national news. Someone else has made it national without presenting all the facts.

I therefore decline to pass judgment.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The actual context

biblehub.com...

The Parable of the Rich Fool

13Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

16And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18“Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ’

20“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

21“This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

So Jesus didn’t take time to judge in terms of man’s law. Jesus is to fulfill God’s judgment.

www.gotquestions.org...

Jesus states how He has been given the authority to judge by the Father. In John 5:22–23, He says, “Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.” Yes, Jesus came into the world to save those who put their trust in Him (John 3:16), but His coming also brought judgment (John 9:39). Through His death and resurrection, Jesus brought judgment to Satan (John 12:31–33). Furthermore, unbelievers will ultimately be judged by Lord Jesus.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I am not a big fan of the so-called Gospel of Luke. See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So let us examine this story which may well have been of Pharisaic origin:
17He thought to himself,
18“Then he said,
20“But God said to him,

So if, as is seemingly surmised by Fox News, something is quite amiss with the Loudoun County Public Schools, then wouldn't God himself have taken the mic at the board meeting?

edit on 13-8-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

The actual context

biblehub.com...

The Parable of the Rich Fool

13Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

16And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18“Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ’

20“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

21“This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

So Jesus didn’t take time to judge in terms of man’s law. Jesus is to fulfill God’s judgment.

www.gotquestions.org...

Jesus states how He has been given the authority to judge by the Father. In John 5:22–23, He says, “Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.” Yes, Jesus came into the world to save those who put their trust in Him (John 3:16), but His coming also brought judgment (John 9:39). Through His death and resurrection, Jesus brought judgment to Satan (John 12:31–33). Furthermore, unbelievers will ultimately be judged by Lord Jesus.

Absolutely

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

She wasn't speaking for God.

Heck God is the one allowing this to happen as part of his judgement.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I tried to bow out of this thread gracefully because I didn't want to have to do all the research necessary to come to any sort of informed opinion.

Even if I did all the research, my opinion would have no weight in that school district.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

She got a way better job at a Private Christian School. Wait that is a Terrorist Organization. Oh no what do we do!

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Good for her.

I did read up on the proliferation of Christian schools that sprung up in the 1950s and 60s to avoid desegregation in Virginia specifically. They have desegregated though to receive Federal funding.

As far as terrorist organization, I'll have to look that up. That could be propaganda. My sisters went to Christian schools a lot. They didn't learn terrorism. I even went some before being expelled, no terrorism.

Even the Christian University I went to for 2 years before dropping out didn't teach terrorism.

Now I'll have to look it up to see if I can stick with what I've written.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: neutronflux

I am not a big fan of the so-called Gospel of Luke. See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So let us examine this story which may well have been of Pharisaic origin:
17He thought to himself,
18“Then he said,
20“But God said to him,

So if, as is seemingly surmised by Fox News, something is quite amiss with the Loudoun County Public Schools, then wouldn't God himself have taken the mic at the board meeting?

I’m not a fan of you. So what you said is now dismissed. Is that how it works?

When your the one that brought up/in the Bible verse in the first place.

Seems idiotic behavior on your part to me.
edit on 15-8-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 15-8-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You

I am not a big fan of the so-called Gospel of Luke.

So? You quote from “ The Parable of the Rich Fool” which is only found in Luke? What sense does that make?

Or is the word of the Bible useful to you when only convenient?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It was a little bit of sarcasm.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join