It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast Test Nationwide 8/11/2021

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I got nothing on my end a big nothing burger without cheese

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Doesn’t seem much of an all USA emergency test. Nothing over phone yet. I would think that would be the easy part.

They only sent it to phones if they opted in for the alerts.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Central California here! We did not receive any sign text or otherwise for this test 🤷‍♂️

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good thing it wasn’t an actual emergency, because nothing here on my phone or my aunt’s all day.

Side note: There was an actual Alert today for severe weather in the northernmost part of the radio station’s area. This was around 3:20 pm Eastern time.
edit on 11-8-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Why am I say that, well, when those in charge ( pervs leaders ) tell the operators ( key personal ) that they must be vaccinated and they refuse . Part 2 now is my story. Who will be the people to maintain the power plants?

The men and women at these plants will be the ONES to expose the real dangers of the vax right along with the frontline workers in the medical field.

Odd you say this! Just today I read an article stating Wall St. will now require anyone coming into the building (all the traders) will have to be vaccinated or they will not be allowed in. It made me think, "so now, only those who buy into the agenda will be the ones running the markets!" I know it is pretty much that way already, but I like to think that there are still a few traders out there who still try to do the right thing or manipulate the market.

It's like laws are being passed to where only the fox is allowed into the chicken coop.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
I rarely have my cell phone turned on. But I am curious if this test will turn the thing ON in order to give the alert. Since many of these things seem like they don't come with removable batteries any longer, I sort of suspect they are NEVER really completely off anyway.

It didn't turn mine on. I wondered the same thing, but turned my phone off BEFORE the test was supposed to occur.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Doesn’t seem much of an all USA emergency test. Nothing over phone yet. I would think that would be the easy part.

They only sent it to phones if they opted in for the alerts.

But I have been getting sever thunderstorm and tornado alerts. What happened to this one?

Always be alert. America needs more lerts.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Brotherman

So what does this test actually entail?
What exactly is going to happen?
What will people see happen?
How will it affect people?

Isn't it prudent to test such a system at least once?
Then any flaws can be addressed.

Imagine if there is ever the need to use such a system - lets hope there isn't - and its found not to be fit-for-purpose?

Are you trying to say its an invasion on civil liberties?
Anti-Constitution?
Part of Project Fear?

I tried to read the Word document from the site linked to but my eyes glazed over halfway through the first paragraph of technical stuff....I have the attention span of a gnat nowadays.

The paper doesn't exactly say why they need this except for some bs basically trying to ensure these people have the latest updated software and other mumbo jumbo.

yet another conspiracy theory, but I read where part of what the alert might be intended for is to provide an opportunity to download or install more super secret spy capabilities through a backdoor or something on the phones. I guess at one time Snowden and others had warned against this type of thing. They can already listen, watch, probably record, etc. so I don't know.

Maybe it really was just to test the "system". Did seem odd though, as someone mentioned in this thread about "why don't they just use the Amber system already in place, it already works very well.."

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Maybe it really was just to test the "system". Did seem odd though, as someone mentioned in this thread about "why don't they just use the Amber system already in place, it already works very well.."

You do realize the Amber Alert is just an add on to the national Emergency Alert System. They are the same thing but one signs on and activates at the state level but this test was supposed to be signed on and activated at the national level.

The Amber, NOAA, and other alerts are all handled in the same system that is supposed to be linked to the entire United States of America. All cellphones, all TV and radio stations, all cable systems, and even those digital road signs are supposed to be in the system. The tests are to make sure some of the equipment has not failed. It looks like this test failed miserably.

That funny bleeping noise three times before the constant tone you hear is actually the instructions and text of the message being sent to any station that can hear that siginal. It is sent incoaded similar to packet radio. You can tell how bad it is by how long the three bleeps are. If they are short, it is just a local test. The three short bleeps at the end are the end of message siginal. The signals are sent at I think 300 Baud in order to work on audio equipment. It would take many hours to download anything significant like an update at that speed, think slow dial-up modem. It would also have to be sent three times because this is a one way system. That means there is no error correcting and the three copies are compaired for any errors. The audio in the middle is just recorded from the originating source.
edit on 8 11 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I got the bad weather alerts but that’s normal

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join