It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast Test Nationwide 8/11/2021

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So during these uncertain and often very silly and ridiculous times we are currently living in, last month it was announced that there is going to be a test of the national emergency broadcast system effecting the whole nation. According to their site (with links to a copy of the whole thing) They are utilizing private communication companies and all the other government agencies and they are evaluating all kinds of things. What do you guys think about this going on when everything else is going on?

Personally I believe they are just poking the badger subtly letting you know they are here and in your phones in your homes and will not stop showing force by bombarding citizens with fear triggering BS. I know in the memo they state the message will clearly say it is a test but even still the action of having all the common people stop at the same moment wondering what the hell is going on is something. I will be observing my neighbors and anyone on the street because I would be amused watching everyone stop and look down all at the same time.

What do you guys think?

Full Title: PSHSB Announces Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alert System on August 11, 2021 and Opens the EAS Test Reporting System for Filings
Document Type(s): Public Notice
Bureau(s): Public Safety and Homeland Security
Description:
Announcement that FEMA, in coordination with the FCC, will conduct a nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA) test on August 11, 2021, and that the EAS Test Reporting System is open for filings

DA/FCC #: DA-21-680
Docket/RM: 15-91, 15-94
Related Document(s):
News Release - FEMA and FCC Plan Nationwide Emergency Alert Test for Aug. 11

Link

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much at the moment until they succeed with this : FEAR = FEAR EVERY RESIDENT REGARDLESS

Once they accomplish that then Americans will know how the North Koreans have to live. The elites only have to fear losing their wealth and when that happens, well, its the end.

Like I mentioned many times in part 1 is that we got to worry about those running the nuclear power plants.

Why am I say that, well, when those in charge ( pervs leaders ) tell the operators ( key personal ) that they must be vaccinated and they refuse . Part 2 now is my story. Who will be the people to maintain the power plants?

Coming soon your way folks.

The key personal WILL BE TREATHEN WITH JAIL TIME if they disobey, but then they'll realize that punishment is not going to pan out very well either.

The men and women at these plants will be the ONES to expose the real dangers of the vax right along with the frontline workers in the medical field.
edit on 0800000030592021-08-11T01:59:30-05:00593008am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0800000010002021-08-11T02:00:10-05:00001008am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

This is not a test

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

This is not a test

I am hungry to see what happens when the test alarm goes off on the car stereos and on peoples phones while on the highway all at the same time. A moment in which everyone's attention is momentarily shifted, I don't think a lot of people know they are going to do this... should be interesting

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I rarely have my cell phone turned on. But I am curious if this test will turn the thing ON in order to give the alert. Since many of these things seem like they don't come with removable batteries any longer, I sort of suspect they are NEVER really completely off anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So many tragedies were simply....tests.

Having said that, its awful curious that they can dominate communications in this manner.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

So what does this test actually entail?
What exactly is going to happen?
What will people see happen?
How will it affect people?

Isn't it prudent to test such a system at least once?
Then any flaws can be addressed.

Imagine if there is ever the need to use such a system - lets hope there isn't - and its found not to be fit-for-purpose?

Are you trying to say its an invasion on civil liberties?
Anti-Constitution?
Part of Project Fear?

I tried to read the Word document from the site linked to but my eyes glazed over halfway through the first paragraph of technical stuff....I have the attention span of a gnat nowadays.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

From what little I did read and took in I'm almost certain it said that only people who have signed up for it will receive a text.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah man looks like they got their bases covered. I remember being amused once I was in the AT&T store one day when an amber alert went off and I watched almost everyone in the store do the same thing at exactly the same time. This makes me thirsty for more.

The quote here is from their site but I cannot post the pdf link for some reason. It can be found in the original posts link if you click the pdf link.

Participating CMS Providers are commercial mobile service providers that have elected voluntarily to transmit
WEA alert messages. See 47 CFR §§ 10.10(d), (f).
EAS Participants are those entities that are required to comply with the Commission’s EAS rules, including analog
radio and television stations, wired and wireless cable television systems, digital broadcast systems, digital
television broadcast stations, Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service, digital cable and digital audio broadcasting
systems, and wireline video systems. 47 CFR §§ 11.2(b), 11.11(a)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

So what does this test actually entail?
What exactly is going to happen?
What will people see happen?
How will it affect people?

Isn't it prudent to test such a system at least once?
Then any flaws can be addressed.

Imagine if there is ever the need to use such a system - lets hope there isn't - and its found not to be fit-for-purpose?

Are you trying to say its an invasion on civil liberties?
Anti-Constitution?
Part of Project Fear?

I tried to read the Word document from the site linked to but my eyes glazed over halfway through the first paragraph of technical stuff....I have the attention span of a gnat nowadays.

I honestly think it is going to piss a lot of people off and alarm alot of others not expecting it.
Is there really a need to test this sort of thing? They already have the integrated Amber Alert thing that works very well and then considering the government can hi jack the airwaves on any media they choose anyways whats the point? I think they are just effing with people. The paper doesn't exactly say why they need this except for some bs basically trying to ensure these people have the latest updated software and other mumbo jumbo.

All EAS Participants are required to participate in this nationwide EAS test.11
The Bureau
encourages EAS Participants to take steps, in coordination with their State Emergency Communication
Committees, in preparation for this test, such as:
 Ensuring that a copy of the EAS Operating Handbook is located at normal duty positions, or
EAS equipment locations, and is otherwise immediately available to operators;12
 Reviewing the EAS Operating Handbook for the actions to be taken by operators upon
receipt of the test alert, and tailoring any actions as necessary that are specific to the EAS
Participants’ facilities;
 Reviewing their State EAS Plan for monitoring assignments and ensuring that EAS
equipment is accurately configured to monitor those sources;13
 Ensuring that EAS equipment can receive and process the NPT code,14 the “six zeroes”
national location code, and otherwise operate in compliance with the Commission rules;15
 Upgrading EAS equipment software and firmware to the most recent version;16
 Manually synchronizing EAS equipment clocks to the official time provided by the National
Institute of Standards and Technology17 if an EAS Participant’s equipment does not
automatically synchronize to an Internet time source; and
 Reviewing their 2021 ETRS Form One filings to identify and make necessary updates to the
information previously provided (see below for more information on ETRS).
Members of the public and interested stakeholder organizations that are in a position to observe
test results in their communities can provide useful feedback on the nationwide test, including any
problems observed or any complications in the delivery of the EAS message during the nationwide test or
any feedback concerning the receipt of or failure to receive the WEA test alert by reporting their
observations to the Public Safety Support Center at www.fcc.gov...center.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Rich Z

From what little I did read and took in I'm almost certain it said that only people who have signed up for it will receive a text.

The way I read it was that people who own telecommunications companies that signed up for it will send messages to everyone under their service.

WASHINGTON—FEMA and the FCC have announced that they will do a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) that will begin at 2:20 p.m. ET on August 11.

This will be the second nationwide WEA test, but the first nationwide WEA test on a consumer opt-in basis.

In the WEA test, the text message will only be sent to cell phone users that have opted-in for text messages. The test message will display in either English or in Spanish, depending on the language settings of the wireless handset.

The Emergency Alert System portion of the test will be sent to radios and televisions.

link from somewhere else

I didn't opt into anything so lets see if I get one or not.
edit on 11-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This test is done once a year after the EAS hardware has a firmware update, been going on every year for at least the last 5.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
This test is done once a year after the EAS hardware has a firmware update, been going on every year for at least the last 5.

You would think they know their tech works ok considering all the burning looting and murder going on, wildfires, covid madness, insurrections, and the fact they haven't had anything but time to work on this stuff from home during all the lockdowns and all that free fed money because well scamdemics.

This is the first time they are doing this with nation wide phone coverage thingie.
edit on 11-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I've got to say that I've always been under the impression that if the need ever arose the government could simply break into TV broadcasts and hijack other telecommunication systems to alert people of impending doom....if they wished to.

And sure as night follows day if they are trying it over there then they'll be replicating it over this side of the pond at some point.

I'm not sure what to make of this.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I edited my last post to you with additional information, appears that you are correct that you should only get it on your cell phone if you opt in for it. I never opt in to anything and still get BS weather alerts I don't care about and amber alerts from 3 states away. I wonder how many people will get this message.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What's that shiny thing near the moon ?

The end of the pandemic.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
What's that shiny thing near the moon ?

The end of the pandemic.

I always thought that was a spoon to scoop up all that moon cheese?

Hearts broken now thanks Ahole.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Already an interesting thread on this.

At least you didnt claim its only started since 2020 like someone did in the other.

It is really two tests:

1. EAS
2. WAS for consumers that have opted in via SMS

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
Do you got a link to that thread?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I already received the text message.

Sorry, I'm not supposed to discuss the location but wish you luck.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join