It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccines are Pushing Pathogens to Evolve

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnRepentantHarlequin

Vaccines stimulate the immune system to make antibodies that attack features on a pathogen. Because pathogens naturally mutate, random changes in a pathogen’s features can make a vaccine ineffective over time.

But what about mRNA that makes a protein to trigger the immune system that doesn't mutate as compared to one type of virus that will over time.

edit on 7-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Would you like to do a comparison with ANY of the C-Jabs?

It wouldn't look pretty. I'd recommend against it, unless you want to change your mind.

What comparisons?

What do you want to compared when one side is just the jappering of social media. The funny part is there are safer mRNA vaccines for smallpox in clinical trials right now... I'm sure that makes you happy.

ADVERSE EFFECTS OF VACCINATION
Frequency and Clinical Features
Smallpox vaccine is less safe than other vaccines routinely used today. The vaccine is associated with known adverse effects that range from mild to severe. Mild vaccine reactions include formation of satellite lesions, fever, muscle aches, regional lymphadenopathy, fatigue, headache, nausea, rashes, and soreness at the vaccination site.13,18,19 A recent clinical trial reported that more than one-third of vaccine recipients missed days of work or school because of these mild vaccine-related symptoms.18

In the 1960s, serious adverse events associated with smallpox vaccination in the United States included death (1/million vaccinations), progressive vaccinia (1.5/million vaccinations), eczema vaccinatum (39/million vaccinations), postvaccinial encephalitis (12/million vaccinations), and generalized vaccinia (241/million vaccinations).20 Adverse events were approximately ten times more common among those vaccinated for the first time compared to revaccinees.20 Fatality rates were also four times higher for primary vaccinees compared to revaccinees.21

Inadvertent inoculation is the most common adverse event associated with smallpox vaccination. It occurred at a rate of 529 per million vaccinations in a 1968 study.20 Inadvertent or accidental inoculation usually occurs when a person transfers the vaccinia virus from the vaccination site to another location on their body, usually the eyes, mouth, nose, or genitalia.20,22 Most lesions resolve without therapy, but vaccinia immune globulin (VIG) may be useful for difficult lesions. VIG can be considered for use in patients with severe ocular vaccinia, but it may increase the risk of corneal scarring.17,23

Progressive vaccinia (a.k.a. vaccinia necrosum, vaccinia gangrenosum) is defined as an uncontrolled replication of vaccinia virus at the vaccination site that leads to a slow and progressive necrosis of surrounding tissue.24 Satellite necrotic lesions typically develop, and ultimately vaccinia virus may be found in other tissues and organs.24 This condition typically affects individuals with incompetent immune systems.24,25 The cardinal clinical signs of progressive vaccinia include an unhealed vaccination site >15 days post vaccination, and the lack of inflammation or an immune response at the vaccination site.24,25 Untreated progressive vaccinia is fatal, but treatment with VIG or the antiviral cidofovir may be effective in some cases.24,25 VIG and thiosemicarbazone treatment in the late 1960s and 1970s reduced the fatality rate for progressive vaccinia from near 100% to 33%.23,25,26 Surgical debridement or amputation may also provide some benefit.24, 25

Eczema vaccinatum is a cutaneous dissemination of vaccinia virus that usually occurs in persons with pre-existing skin disease. It is typically mild and self-limited, but it may be severe or fatal, especially in young children. Death is usually caused by extensive viral dissemination, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, and bacterial sepsis.25,27 Treatment with VIG or antivirals may be effective in some cases.25 Supportive care used for burn victims may help retain proper fluid and electrolyte balance and reduce mortality from eczema vaccinatum.2 Improvements in intensive care therapy during the 1960s likely contributed to the lowering of the fatality rate for eczema vaccinatum from 10% to 1% to 2%.26,27

Post-vaccinial encephalitis is a rare adverse event that frequently leads to death, especially in infants and young children. Reported case fatality rates range from 9% to 40%.25,28 Ten to twenty-five percent of surviving patients have permanent neurologic sequelae.25,28 No predisposing conditions have been identified for this condition, and treatment with VIG has little to no effect.21,23,25

Generalized vaccinia results from blood-borne dissemination of vaccinia virus.23,25 Patients affected with this condition have a generalized rash that is typically self-limited and requires no therapy. VIG can be administered to speed recovery.23,25 This condition may occur in immunosuppressed individuals, but it can also affect those without any underlying illness or risk factors.25

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
some researchers have been developing immunizations that prevent disease without actually preventing infections — what are called “leaky” vaccines. And these new vaccines may incite a different, and potentially scarier, kind of microbial evolution.

If it looks like sh#, if it smells like sh#, if it tastes like sh#, chances are, it is sh#.

But YOU ARE the RESEARCH, so I guess within the next few years, we will find out. Please, as I’m sure you will, keep us posted on your health status.

I wish all vauxxinated well as many who I love have taken the jab just to travel. *sigh*

This isn’t about RIGHT/LEFT, Vauxxinated/SKEPTICS,
it’s about GREED.

I will NOT allow the DIVIDE & CONQUER strategy to separate me from my principles/morals and ethics. It has empowered my hopes of getting ALL OF HUMANITY to realize GREED is successfully employing these tactics along with CENSORSHIP.

The “Unvaccinated” are NOT YOUR enemy.

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MykeNukem

The key point is that it provided protection from smallpox.

To make sure that I am not misconstruing this statement, are you saying that the COVID vaccines are ineffective?

I think you are mistaken. The data refutes it.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Would you like to do a comparison with ANY of the C-Jabs?

It wouldn't look pretty. I'd recommend against it, unless you want to change your mind.

What comparisons?

What do you want to compared when one side is just the jappering of social media. The funny part is there are safer mRNA vaccines for smallpox in clinical trials right now... I'm sure that makes you happy.

ADVERSE EFFECTS OF VACCINATION
Frequency and Clinical Features
Smallpox vaccine is less safe than other vaccines routinely used today. The vaccine is associated with known adverse effects that range from mild to severe. Mild vaccine reactions include formation of satellite lesions, fever, muscle aches, regional lymphadenopathy, fatigue, headache, nausea, rashes, and soreness at the vaccination site.13,18,19 A recent clinical trial reported that more than one-third of vaccine recipients missed days of work or school because of these mild vaccine-related symptoms.18

In the 1960s, serious adverse events associated with smallpox vaccination in the United States included death (1/million vaccinations), progressive vaccinia (1.5/million vaccinations), eczema vaccinatum (39/million vaccinations), postvaccinial encephalitis (12/million vaccinations), and generalized vaccinia (241/million vaccinations).20 Adverse events were approximately ten times more common among those vaccinated for the first time compared to revaccinees.20 Fatality rates were also four times higher for primary vaccinees compared to revaccinees.21

Inadvertent inoculation is the most common adverse event associated with smallpox vaccination. It occurred at a rate of 529 per million vaccinations in a 1968 study.20 Inadvertent or accidental inoculation usually occurs when a person transfers the vaccinia virus from the vaccination site to another location on their body, usually the eyes, mouth, nose, or genitalia.20,22 Most lesions resolve without therapy, but vaccinia immune globulin (VIG) may be useful for difficult lesions. VIG can be considered for use in patients with severe ocular vaccinia, but it may increase the risk of corneal scarring.17,23

Progressive vaccinia (a.k.a. vaccinia necrosum, vaccinia gangrenosum) is defined as an uncontrolled replication of vaccinia virus at the vaccination site that leads to a slow and progressive necrosis of surrounding tissue.24 Satellite necrotic lesions typically develop, and ultimately vaccinia virus may be found in other tissues and organs.24 This condition typically affects individuals with incompetent immune systems.24,25 The cardinal clinical signs of progressive vaccinia include an unhealed vaccination site >15 days post vaccination, and the lack of inflammation or an immune response at the vaccination site.24,25 Untreated progressive vaccinia is fatal, but treatment with VIG or the antiviral cidofovir may be effective in some cases.24,25 VIG and thiosemicarbazone treatment in the late 1960s and 1970s reduced the fatality rate for progressive vaccinia from near 100% to 33%.23,25,26 Surgical debridement or amputation may also provide some benefit.24, 25

Eczema vaccinatum is a cutaneous dissemination of vaccinia virus that usually occurs in persons with pre-existing skin disease. It is typically mild and self-limited, but it may be severe or fatal, especially in young children. Death is usually caused by extensive viral dissemination, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, and bacterial sepsis.25,27 Treatment with VIG or antivirals may be effective in some cases.25 Supportive care used for burn victims may help retain proper fluid and electrolyte balance and reduce mortality from eczema vaccinatum.2 Improvements in intensive care therapy during the 1960s likely contributed to the lowering of the fatality rate for eczema vaccinatum from 10% to 1% to 2%.26,27

Post-vaccinial encephalitis is a rare adverse event that frequently leads to death, especially in infants and young children. Reported case fatality rates range from 9% to 40%.25,28 Ten to twenty-five percent of surviving patients have permanent neurologic sequelae.25,28 No predisposing conditions have been identified for this condition, and treatment with VIG has little to no effect.21,23,25

Generalized vaccinia results from blood-borne dissemination of vaccinia virus.23,25 Patients affected with this condition have a generalized rash that is typically self-limited and requires no therapy. VIG can be administered to speed recovery.23,25 This condition may occur in immunosuppressed individuals, but it can also affect those without any underlying illness or risk factors.25

You didn't compare anything though.

Why would I be concerned with any development in smallpox vaccines?

The ones we had done their job.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

From the article I originally posted:

Just as pathogens have different ways of infecting and affecting us, the vaccines that scientists develop employ different immunological strategies.

Most of the vaccines we get in childhood prevent pathogens from replicating inside us and thereby also prevent us from transmitting the infections to others.

But scientists have so far been unable to make these kinds of sterilizing vaccines for complicated pathogens like HIV, anthrax and malaria.

To conquer these diseases, some researchers have been developing immunizations that prevent disease without actually preventing infections — what are called “leaky” vaccines. And these new vaccines may incite a different, and potentially scarier, kind of microbial evolution.

Thanks for the reply, but viruses do not work that way. They cannot reproduce on their own so they don't develop resistance to drugs as bacteria can. They can mutate to a point the immune system doesn't recognize them and that is what we see in the flu vaccine many times in a hit or miss approach.

The interesting thing with mRNA is it produces a protein a virus makes so the actual protein will not mutate as the virus does and so the immune system still triggers on the one protein no matter what the virus as done.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

How do you compare apples and oranges... Smallpox is a DNA virus that runs two variants in the last 30,000 years. COVID is an RNA virus that can do what now 25+ in a year...lol

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How do you compare apples and oranges... Smallpox is a DNA virus that runs two variants in the last 30,000 years. COVID is an RNA virus that can do what now 25+ in a year...lol

Did you read what I posted earlier about one of these things is NOT like the other?

That's the whole point I was making. You can't compare the two.

So, we agree.
edit on 8/7/2021 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Unlike DNA viruses, which contain two copies of their genetic information, RNA viruses are single-stranded. When they replicate, any errors in the single strand get passed on. As a result, copying is sloppy, and so each new generation of RNA viruses tends to have lots of errors. In only a few generations, a single virus can become a mutant swarm of closely related viruses.

www.quantamagazine.org...

a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Unlike DNA viruses, which contain two copies of their genetic information, RNA viruses are single-stranded. When they replicate, any errors in the single strand get passed on. As a result, copying is sloppy, and so each new generation of RNA viruses tends to have lots of errors. In only a few generations, a single virus can become a mutant swarm of closely related viruses.

I fully understand, but how does the vaccine make this worst as what seems to be the narrative going around, and the title of the OP, since the very nature of a RNA virus mutates like crazy no matter what. Also the narrative that vaccinated people are more contagious...lol

People just can't say... I don't want to get the vaccine and leave it there. They need to justify their decision and it tends to kind of spiral out of control. The reality is they really do not need to justify anything.
edit on 8-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join