It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can blow a massive holes in the "must wear masks" montra

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

It's a strawman arguement. Just because something isn't medically certified doesn't mean it doesn't work. Studies show N98 masks offer superior protection ot other medically certified masks like N95.

My degree is in Applied Maths. The whole point of Meta analysis and scientific studies use statistical analysis and design to seperate corellation and causation with established methods. There's well established thresholds and analytical techniques used in science to ensure the result is accurate. SPSS is the most commonly used software to conduct this analysis.

There were a couple of mask efficacy studies in China (Zhao et all IIRC) that were the most poorly designed scientific studies I've ever read, the stats analysis broke dozens of rules and the conclusions had no credibility due to huge environmental factors and variables that were ignored.

The rest were high quality studies using correct methods and stats - meta-analysis of the shows the p-values and conidence rate are well below the 0.05 threshold that proves statistical signiicance.

Surgical masks don't provide 100% protection - I generally go off the results of high quality science as I can analyse it myself for error rather than i a regulatory body has endorsed it as regulators have a tendency to be corrupt.

---

I'm in the UK and haven't worn a mask apart from Dr visits for the last month or so - I think the recent US mandate is stupid as masks are so unpopular in the US and far less intrusive methods like sanitising hands when entering shops are far more effective and I think far more people would follow that.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

To wear a mask is to stop YOU from spreading the virus in case you have it.

When in an emergency situation, ones first priority is to protect ones self. You are no good to anyone dead or injured. It has been a well played psyop with an invisible enemy where everyone is a threat. Those with the money and depopulation aims keep the public ignorant about treatments and immune system capabilities. Instead they introduce another vector of disease as long term mask use becomes a petri dish of bacterial growth and infection. The fibers used in some of these masks are also of big medical concern as they are inhaled.

The symbolism of the mask is a classic, been forced on the slaves by the slave owners for many years. Similar to how the PCR test goes through the nose to damage the brain is another well used technique by the slave owners. Damage the slave enough to break their will, but not so much as they cannot work. How so many are compliant does not bode well for social integrity in this information war. With many of these people unable to see past the disinformation and line up for their jab, I am preparing for a big population crash in the coming years.
edit on 2-8-2021 by kwakakev because: added sentence, fibers in masks.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: neutronflux
Ok. And all you can do is post blatant falsehoods about my posts. And you offer no actual logic and facts of your own.

I posted a link showing evidence that masks do reduce the spread of covid.

You are entitled to think they don't but if you can't provide any actual evidence then it's just your unsupported opinion.

People are not supposed to wear N-95 masks that have an exit valve because it doesn’t prevent the spread of covid. Is that a false statement.

How is that different than a cheap procedure fabricate mask, or a home made cloth mask that doesn’t seal against your face?

And their ratings are for ideal conditions. Not actual rates when people are doing physical activities such as loading lumber. Loading groceries, or cleaning a bilge. Is that a false statement.
edit on 2-8-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 2-8-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Ok. And all you can do is post blatant falsehoods about my posts. And you offer no actual logic and facts of your own.

You are entitled to think they don't but if you can't provide any actual evidence then it's just your unsupported opinion.

People are not wear N-95 masks that have an exit valve because it doesn’t prevent the surest of covid. Is that a false statement.

How is that different than a cheap procedure fabricate mask, or a home made cloth mask that doesn’t seal against your face?

And their ratings are for ideal conditions. Not actual rates when people are doing physical activities such as loading lumber. Loading groceries, or cleaning a bilge. Is that a false statement.

Masks with valves are ineffective as they are designed to expell so catch less. The better fitted mask the more effective they will be but even imperfect fitting can reduce the spread.

The link included real world studies, not ideal conditions.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

People are not wear N-95 masks that have an exit valve because it doesn’t prevent the surest of covid. Is that a false statement.

Masks with valves are ineffective as they are designed to expell so catch less. The better fitted mask the more effective they will be but even imperfect fitting can reduce the spread.

You didn’t answer the question

People are not supposed to wear N-95 masks that have an exit valve because it doesn’t prevent the spread of covid. Is that a false statement.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I did answer it. valved masks are designed to allow air to expell. Even if worn perfectly it really won't reduce the spread much.

Conversely even an imperfectly fitted mask will reduce spread of droplets.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I did answer it. valved masks are designed to allow air to expell. Even if worn perfectly it really won't reduce the spread much.

In other words. Cheap a$$ masks that don’t seal offer no real protection from spreading covid. Is that a false statement.

Masks worn by a majority of people.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

In other words. Cheap a$$ masks that don’t seal offer no real protection from spreading covid. Is that a false statement.

Masks worn by a majority of people.

No not in other words because that is the complete opposite of what I said and what the evidence shows.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
And I maintain a mask that doesn’t seal is useless, (as I was taught in the military and industry) offers no real protection, cannot be depended on for capturing anything (especially after being wetted with sweat, slobber, and snot), and offers no protection that can be guaranteed or consistent.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

the simpsons had a great example of this (i hope i posted it right to see)

www.youtube.com...

I thought the mask was supposedly to help reduce the spread of it, not to keep you from getting it.

That's possibly caused by using your brain, something a lot around here seemed to stop doing in recent years.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I thought the mask was supposedly to help reduce the spread of it, not to keep you from getting it.

that's what it was suppose to be.
masks were to reduce the larger droplets in the aerosol coming out of a person when they cough, sneeze, yell, or what ever else would cause it, and also reduce the distance they travel.

they plainly said that wearing them would not completely stop your chances from getting sick.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The problem is the large droplets aren't very contagious unless they sneeze or cough in your face. It's the small droplets that hang in the air, and covid can be on very small particles most virus can't survive on.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
There's hundreds of papers and meta-analysis from pre and post pandemic that prove mask use significantly reduces the spread of viruses and even unfitted, home made masks capture around 90 - 95% of saliva, phlegm etc caused by coughing, sneezing and breathing which reduces coronavirus spread by 20%.

They don't protect protect the wearer, they don't stop spread but it's an indisputable fact from basic maths, physics and decades of research that they significantly reduce spread.

If one person has covid and wears a mask, correct hygene and social distancing they will infect four people in a week.
If one person has covid, doesn't wear a mask, distance or practice good hygene they will infect 1094 people in a week.

That was prior to introduction of vaccines so rates will eb much lower now.

Masks are less effective than distancing and proper hygene but the claims they do nothing are complete nonsense.

It takes a great deal of ignorance to deny the logic and facts in your post but still it happens.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
People have been being taxed out the yin yang with stagnant wages for decades while lied to about most everything and this is what you worry about? They tell you it isn't effective even.... It is a chance though, a small chance to stop the spread is better then 0 % chance to stop the spread. Of 1 in a billion people whom it does help where as w/o they would've otherwise spread is still pretty significant.

edit on 2-8-2021 by themightymerlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

Seems like they work.

There is often a vast gulf of difference between reality and what the media says. Propaganda repeated a million times does not become true.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

news.sky.com...

Seems like they work.

Propaganda repeated a million times does not become true.

Neither do lies told by anonymous posters on a conspiracy site.

On balance i am going choose the multiple studies showing the effectiveness of masks.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

US Surgeon General said they don't protect:

The manufacturers say they don't protect:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: neutronfluxI

I have provided a link referring numerous studies showing how wearing a face mask does help protect others.

You just saying otherwise doesn't really refute that.

Applying what you may have seen taught about personal protection in specific circumstances doesnt really vtell you anything about how masks might reduce community transmission in completely different circumstances.

Can you actually commit on what was posted. What, too much facts and logic how your referenced “sources” are taken out of context and might be biased antidotal narratives?

Nice of you to hand wave to support your story.

You didn't offer facts or logic, you offered your unsupported opinion.

I prefer the results of studies.

Sometimes unsupported opinion can be more accurate than results of studies.
Going by ones gut feelings can be better than reports from unreliable sources.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

New to this topic are you? This has all been hashed out 100x before.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Everyone knows that the masks the general population are using
are not medical grade masks! They are for show and tell purposes
only.Wearing any mask is just showing willingness to comply.I was
already using a mask BEFORE this plandemic.I am allergic to perfume
and have to cover my face if around someone wearing it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join