It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic uploads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I dont have the ability to upload pictures anymore....the upload page is blank and none of the pics I've uploaded for the last decade are there either....

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

FYI, my images are still intact, Vasa.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   

My stuff (such as it is) is there.

Try clearing your cache. Try rebooting. Try anything. Try everything.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I've had trouble uploading, too. I think it's a file size issue, but I may be wrong. Its been frustrating. Also, I use a phone to access the site rather than a computer. So maybe that's an issue? I just stopped trying.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Hi,

First off.. Sorry that you experienced this. I of course had to check to see if I also might be experiencing this. I currently am not and was able to also uploaded a 900kb jpg a pic (not jpeg, our system wants a JPG).

.... I'm sending this directly to our glitch department

Help us out a bit with what OS, PC/mobile, if you have any virus or malware checkers running, etc. When you last knew that it was a functioning feature. The more info you can provide, the better chance we have of replicating the unfortunate event.

Meanwhile please be patient as some of our gurus are on different time-frames.

If anyone else could check their personal uploads area and see if your all good and report back here would be great and thanks in advance. That also helps us narrow down what may be the problem child (glitch).

Johnny

**ETA**
Of course.... as I'm typing up my post and checking the uploads, several others had already posted...

PHAGE suggested the next set of what to try, (which we should all know to try)

edit on 8/1/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Whether or not this would be helpful in any way, I have no idea, but just a thought...

Have you looked back at some of the threads where you know you posted pictures, to see if they are still currently being displayed there?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Thought of suggesting that... but his Avatar/member profile picture which is stored in the same folder is still visible.

But yes, thats a great idea too.

**ETA**
Just thumbed through a few of Vasa Croe's thread/replies and the pics are still showing up for example a great thread from a little time back.

Odd obelisk found in Utah????

edit on 8/1/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: add pic proof

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Is JPG the only compatible format? I actually downloaded an image editor specifically for uploading to this site with various formats with little luck. Maybe I should try a different editing application.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Is JPG the only compatible format?

.jpg .png .gif are acceptable

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

When you say the page is blank, does it look like this

or like this?

Or something different?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I have experienced the same issue a few times. I don't know what caused it, but it has always been temporary.
Logging out and refreshing the page usually remedies it, so follow Phage's advice.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

New 5g phone this week. I had to go to my laptop to see and use mine ..

Tablet n phone...no photos. Computer or p.c....? They are there.

Best, MS

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
99% of the time when using mobile no pics for me. Sometimes they'll just randomly appear, but rarely.

Otherwise, desktop never seems to have this problem.

I've also noticed a difference between data and wifi, where the site works fine on one, but not the other.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've had this problem for a long time on my phone. I have to go to a desktop to even access the upload page.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

When you say the page is blank, does it look like this

or like this?

Or something different?

Looked like the 2nd one. I refreshed oddly the page to upload came back today and I haven't changed anything....but it's back so woohoo!

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I had to change the extension from .jpeg to .jpg for the uploader to recognize it as an image file.

Just now. Not sure if I had to do so previously.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I had to change the extension from .jpeg to .jpg for the uploader to recognize it as an image file.

Just now. Not sure if I had to do so previously.

It's been that way all along I believe. Changing the extension should always work I think.

Not a clue why other than it had to do with Windows only accepting three-character extensions, but that's going back a lot of years I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Not a clue why other than it had to do with Windows only accepting three-character extensions, but that's going back a lot of years I think.

Windows has accepted more than 3 characters in the extension many years before the creation of the upload page.

I suppose ".jpeg" is just not in the list of accepted formats.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Same thing happening again. Also had multiple times today that I haven't been able to connect.

WTF is going on with this site?

Wish the new owners would chime in, but as expected they likely don't have the 1st ammendment in mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join