It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about anything but C

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes anything but Covid.

How about this. In my area I noticed housing is starting to come back down. It's the first time i've noticed sellers reducing their price.
The prices are still absolutely insane.

or this

I hired a pest control company this year for the wasps on my house. They kept building nests. No nests on the house but they have migrated everywhere else and i've been stung twice. I have a suspicion that attractant was used in other places, I really do.....
I seriously wonder if that's how they keep customers. If they truly get rid of them, nothing left to treat!

or this

I ordered from a restaurant, the online ordering system said to pick up at a certain time. They went over that time by 40 minutes. Is this acceptable due to the lack of employees these day and the "new normal" or not?

or this

What is up with the Olympics? These have to be the most boring olympics i've ever watched!!
edit on 29-7-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have ants showing up in random places in my house... should I be worried?

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I hired a pest control company this year for the wasps on my house. They kept building nests. No nests on the house but they have migrated everywhere else and i've been stung twice. I have a suspicion that attractant was used in other places, I really do..... I seriously wonder if that's how they keep customers. If they truly get rid of them, nothing left to treat

I can appreciate it's not an easy thing to do for everybody, but personally I smash them bastards at night time. I reckon during the day there's just no chance of getting them all, but at night they've generally all come back to the nest and they don't fly away.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You might want to get some ant sand and sprinkle it around the outside of your house, just on the off chance they swarm at night while you're sleeping and devour a limb or something.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Had some pretty cool storms lately

That’s all I got for you 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Ants or termites?

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Definitely ants.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Looked at a book on crochet for beginners to intermediate. Author talked a lot about a lace museum and the book seemed geared towards those that were beginners or intermediates to making museum quality pieces.

Idk maybe I need a Dr Seuss level written for those that are unfamiliar with thread or yarn. Like when you list items needed...”if you don’t have total feet, yards, meters of yarn, maybe you should not have the word ‘beginner’ in your vocabulary” level of book.

Because here is the thing. Not everyone has years of knitting, card weaving, quilting and needlepoint in their experience when picking up what is supposed to be the easiest of things to learn.

Number two...seeing examples of 87 varieties of crochet stitches before seeing one example of how to do a chain stitch anywhere in the 300+ pages is not inspiring. Nor is showing a single picture without steps of how you accomplish such a thing a quality example. It is literally like showing an acorn and then a finished roll top desk while wearing a carpenter’s apron and holding a speed square (which would not be used at any time).

Other than that rant, the idea is to make thread (plarn) out of plastic bags and crochet a tightly weaved haversack for carrying quick access minimal gear like a fire kit, first aid kit, cook/mess kit, poncho, etc.
edit on 29-7-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If you sprinkle your used coffee grounds on side of the house in the grass, it seems to get rid of the ant problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

What if they're already established within my house?

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Number two...seeing examples of 87 varieties of crochet stitches before seeing one example of how to do a chain stitch anywhere in the 300+ pages is not inspiring. Nor is showing a single picture without steps of how you accomplish such a thing a quality example. It is literally like showing an acorn and then a finished roll top desk while wearing a carpenter’s apron and holding a speed square (which would not be used at any time).

Long time crocheter / knitter here. That stuff was never meant to be learned by word/book, it was meant to be taught person to person.

Plastic yarn is also VERY bulky.
edit on 29-7-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I have a suspicion that attractant was used in other places, I really do.....

I saw some wasps on the porch rail that I rest my arms on while smoking. This was about a year ago. The guy I rent from said there's a wasp trap next door. There was. It had some attractant in it.

Those people moved and took their trap with them. No more wasps. I hate it when I rest my arm on a wasp. That only happened to me once though.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Here you go. Works good on those little ones called sugar ants. Don't be surprised if you use all 6 and it takes 6 months, depending on how long their colonies have been there, and how many colonies there are.
www.terro.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Got to meet Josh Brolin and visit while working on this show. Very nice guy and this looks like a good series.

Livin the dream....

edit on 29-7-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well, this thread didn't work.

But, I noticed after a week of respite, the wildfire smoke was back this week.

Even thicker than before.

I'm in the Upper Great Lakes area.

edit on 7/29/2021 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: myselfaswell

What if they're already established within my house?

You could maybe start charging them rent, or at least get them to do the vacuuming and washing up?

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think a big part of watching the Olympics is the excitement of the crowd. Weird but when the crowd is into the action it seems easier to also be into it while watching on tv. The best part for me is watching the younger athletes grab the moment and win a gold!

Some of the new sports I think should stay with the x-games such as street skateboarding and bmx. The x-games has presented a great platform for international talent in those and the other featured sports.

*I also like and use the terro ant traps- with great success.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yep. Milky, hazy, pastel sunset.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Last night, I watched on HBO, Woodstock 99.
I remember back in 99, my boyfriend at the time had a cable black box and we watched Woodstock 99 live all weekend. They had cameras there live 24/7 and we did not leave the house at all that weekend. LOL It was insane. Before there were live feeds like we have today online for everything.

It was truly Sodom and Gomorrah....everything happened. There were no rules, no laws. Full nudity, live sex, drugs, violence......you name it....it happened on camera.

I had completely forgotten about it and watching this documentary was crazy reminder. I forgot that Limp Bizkit had wipped up the crowd into an insane frenzy. The people who put on the show blamed the chaos entirely on him too and MTV...which was pretty effed up....as it was really their poor planning. A bunch of hippies who never learned from their mistakes from the first one.

If you get a chance, check it out. It is pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I killed all the yellow jackets around the house and now we have mud dauber and cicada killers everywhere. Man, I am so terrified of wasps. On the plus side, my wife is now mowing the lawn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join