It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia: Refusing covid test will keep you in gaol.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Gaol = jail for you non English speakers

Getting serious though, it now seems Australia has moved to the stage of denying you bail or release from prison if you refuse to take a covid test while incarcerated.

You may of heard of the horse punch guy recently in our news. Man accused of punching a police horse who is locked up at the moment. Well he refuses to be tested for covid so the judge won't let him out.

Protester accused of punching police horse refusing COVID test in jail

A man accused of punching a police horse during Sydney's anti-lockdown protest will remain behind bars after a court heard he is refusing to take a COVID-19 test in prison.

Kristian Pulkownik was set to appear via video link at Central Local Court this morning charged with four offences, including animal cruelty, unlawful assembly and affray.

But magistrate Mark Richardson told the court Mr Pulkownik couldn't be brought from his cell as he had refused to undergo a COVID-19 test since his arrest at Saturday's protest.

"Your client has been in the community and is a risk to others," Magistrate Richardson told Mr Pulkownik's legal team.

[...]

Some big brother stuff right there imho. Not denied bail based on his alleged crimes or his risk to the public, but denied bail and put in solitary.. I mean 'isolation' because he refuses to be tested for corona virus, to the point of not even being able to properly communicate with his legal counsel.

Slippery slope right there. What next start arresting people for refusing to be tested? Lock people up for refusing the vaccines?
Worrying precedent being set there surely?

Magistrate doesn't have 'authority' to direct the prison to allow this guy proper access to his lawyer, but amazingly these people have the authority to keep you locked up for refusing to take a test that is voluntary.

So be warned fellow Aussies. If you get locked up for any reason. Maybe you get a 'drunk and disorderly' that would normally land you a night in the drunk tank, well it can now become 14 days.

I can see this being easily 'weaponised'. Want to lock someone up for longer than normal? Make them take the test. If they refuse you can instantly extend their prison time.

After 2 weeks? Well then just suspect they have covid again, offer the test again and when they again refuse add another 2 weeks and another and another. Then isolate them, refuse them proper legal assistance, visits from friends and family and keep at it until they break and you get what you want....

Yep, no chance such a thing could be abused I'm sure...

This along with governments here saying they'll keep lockdowns etc going until 80% of the country is vaccinated it's difficult not to have the imagination run wild regarding where this is all going.

Regardless of where this is going I can not see it ending well for anybody at this rate. Last weekends protests in QLD, NSW and Victoria have obviously not given our tax paid employees the wake up call Aussies are trying to send them.

I'm onboard for a revolution. It's time to get rid of these damn oligarchy 2 party systems run by rich private school boys whose only experience is being on the school debate team and a degree in public speaking.

No one is going to save us except ourselves.

It's not just Australia, the whole world is overdue a reboot. The madness has to end. Time to do things differently. Do them properly.

We've been doing it this way too long. How's that saying go? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Systems broke. Time to fix it. Or will we wait until we're all marched into prison for not getting the shot before we decide enough is enough?

edit on 29-7-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos, probably more in there.

edit on Thu Jul 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

One could say that is the motto of government, but it's really not. The governments do the same things over and over, knowing that the results are always the same.
It's more the motto of the citizens, but it could be paraphrased a bit. Something like:
Insanity is trusting and electing the same unethical, lying crooks over and over and expecting different results.

BTW, Great thread!
edit on 29-7-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

DOn't see why he refuses to have a test really.... it's not as if they're telling him to have a vaccine?? Now, if that were the case, I could see why he refuses.

Just have a test and get out of there

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Slippery slope right there.

Cliffs should not be described as slippery slopes, imo.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ah yes,that well known pillar of a free society-being held in isolation prison until you submit to a medical test..

Surely a half decent lawyer could get this dismissed-unless its an actual law.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This is the problem. This is what everybody's been doing for a year and a half now. Just lockdown for two weeks it'll be fine, just wear the mask and get it over with, just get tested, just get the vaccine, just obey the silly bull# and it'll go away.

That's what people in abusive relationships do, just keep obeying and being a good spouse as long as you do next time will be better.
edit on 29/7/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Scary.

Take the test and get a false positive = Jail (yes jail, why do Aussies still use gaol again?)

Refuse = Jail

Accept and get a negative = Freedom.

I'd take it and pray for a false positive, do the time, then sue the ever-loving # out of them.

edit on 7/29/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Back to the Penal Colony Days -

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

You missed out cell block H.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Ah yes,that well known pillar of a free society-being held in isolation prison until you submit to a medical test..

Surely a half decent lawyer could get this dismissed-unless its an actual law.

He'll have to take it to the supreme court to get the 'authority' needed it seems.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: MetalThunder

You missed out cell block H.

Ah good old 'Prisoner'

You don't bring me flowers anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

DOn't see why he refuses to have a test really.... it's not as if they're telling him to have a vaccine?? Now, if that were the case, I could see why he refuses.

I thought 'my body, my choice' was the catch cry of the 2000's?

Yep, do what big brother tells you. That'll never go wrong.....

In the same position I'd tell them to go shove it as well on principle. Roll over for a test now, then roll over for what tomorrow?

The issues with 'just take the test and get it over with' should be obvious I would think.

I was once told, 'if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.' I listened. Ended up in prison for 30 days for things I had not done.

Yeah, sorry had too many personal experiences with 'just take the test' myself to know how it often plays out.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Wasn't Chopper also in H division in Pentridge for a while?

H seems popular in Aussie jails.

Seriously, though, I'd take the test to get out if I was that guy.
Don't like the idea of a forced vaccination but the test isn't something I'd get defiant about.
As long as it's not the swab up the nose test.....then I'd just bleed everywhere!

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

One could say that is the motto of government, but it's really not. The governments do the same things over and over, knowing that the results are always the same.
It's more the motto of the citizens, but it could be paraphrased a bit. Something like:
Insanity is trusting and electing the same unethical, lying crooks over and over and expecting different results.

BTW, Great thread!

Yep you basically summed up what I was saying.

I am over these rigged governments. Regardless of who you elect you get the same government every damn time.

Your vote does not matter. 2 parties, same team. To misquote a certain popular saying that's been doing the rounds the last year and a half.

"they're all in this together."

Not just Australia. If you have a 2 party oligarchy you're in the same boat as us regardless of where you reside.

Does my head in that people not only cannot see it (or maybe they do and are intentionally ignorant for reasons), but few want to actually do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

As long as it's not the swab up the nose test.....then I'd just bleed everywhere!

That's the only option I've been given for work.

Sucks having them scrape your brain.

They had a hard time finding mine, so there's that.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Wasn't Chopper also in H division in Pentridge for a while?

H seems popular in Aussie jails.

Seriously, though, I'd take the test to get out if I was that guy.
Don't like the idea of a forced vaccination but the test isn't something I'd get defiant about.

Cell Block H, not H Division.

I might be wrong but I think it was a reference to this.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This is the problem. This is what everybody's been doing for a year and a half now. Just lockdown for two weeks it'll be fine, just wear the mask and get it over with, just get tested, just get the vaccine, just obey the silly bull# and it'll go away.

That's what people in abusive relationships do, just keep obeying and being a good spouse as long as you do next time will be better.

Amen.

Excellent analogy.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

If somebody come up to you in the street and said, the worlds gonna end lick this dog poo

would you lick it?

because to those who can read data and look at facts, know there is no pandemic and no reason to lick dog poo

its a matter of principle

if you're forced to take anything its not good, especially when you don't see the benefits, its backing down to the madness and authoritarianism

it would be a different story if we could actually see people were dying or dropping dead, but we don't, we just get 24/7 propaganda

like i keep saying... tell me the REAL reason and ill happily take it like every other test or vaccine

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I meant both.

I had suspicions about Rimmer from Red Dwarf because he had a big H on his forehead. They said it was for hologram but I think it was a sign he was an ex con.

(bit better than that guy in Ghosts of the Civil Dead, though).

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And what about this:

Australian military to help enforce Sydney COVID-19 lockdown as cases rise
www.reuters.com...

Go NoCovid Go...

Thought Germany is the deepest Great Reset/Green New Deal/pro vaccination scam-sh*thole on earth with Honeckers last revenge and Fridays for Future lover Merkel as "leader". Thought she is playing the high priest of the new corona/anti freedom/ant health/anti people religion because she wants to follow Klaus Schwab when she is not Oberste Vorsitzende of the GDR2.0 anymore.

But it looks like somebody down under wants that job too. Even harder than IM Erika.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join