It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have to wear a mask if I am vaccinated?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Clearly from February last year.

Things change in over a year, ya know.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: chr0naut

No, you got the probability wrong.

It's actually got nothing to do with probabilities, it's much much simpler than that.

If you're scared of getting sick because you'll be in a big crowd, #$%^@ stay at home.

It has almost nothing to do with how you feel about it.

Although I agree that it is all about the science, specifically epidemiology, I have come to the point where my "feelings" on the matter have taken a decidedly...ruthless turn.

I am fully vaccinated. I made sure that my elderly mother got her vaccinations as soon as I could arrange an appointment for her.

However, for the most part, the rest of my extended family believes, as many on these boards do, that the vaccine, and indeed, the virus itself, are, at best "fake news" (as they are want to call it), and at worst, a nefarious plot being perpetrated by nebulous unknown "Powers".

Over the last few months, I have finally come to the realization that I no longer care whether they take the shot or not. I got mine, if they don't want to get theirs, for whatever reason, Fine!

In fact, now that I am reasonably assured that I should be spared death, or even serious illness due to my vaccinated status, I so resent those who, because they refuse to vaccinate, may very well force me back into a mask, if not full lockdown, that I actually Relish! the idea that I might somehow be the vector for the virus infecting one, or more of the unvaccinated.

I know, that is a horrible, even psychopathic, thing to say. But, there it is.

If you will not "take the shot(s)", if you are unvaccinated and refuse to wear a mask, for even what little protection it might provide, you had better hope that should we somehow meet, I am not infected and too sick to keep myself isolated.

You have been Warned.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I know, that is a horrible, even psychopathic, thing to say. But, there it is.

You need some serious help, seriously.

You really should do a bit of research on Germany in the 1930s and understand where and how that progressed into the sh!t show it became. Spoiler alert ......... have a look in the mirror cuz.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You need to wear a boat!

Everywhere I look, people clamouring for the gamble shot, say they don't want to catch covid, that's why.

Funny how politicians were saying the shot would guarantee this, merely months ago, but now have changed their tune to state people still can get it, but people still only recall the initial claim...

Except Biden - he still says you're completely immune after the jab.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Someone correct me if I’m wrong
We’ve been told

Don’t wear masks, wear masks
It’s not from Wuhan, it looks like it’s from Wuhan
If you get vaccinated you probably wont get sick, you wont die and you wont have to wear masks

And what do we have today
Vaccinated - you might get sick, you might get a “rare” disease and you might die.
You still need to wear a mask.
Vaccines are very effective - vaccines might not be totally effective - vaccines might need boosters

NO FREAKING wonder nobody wants to listen to these clowns! Every day is Opposite Day!

PS the vaccines are NOT approved, I’m really curious if they ever will be. No emergency approval is not FDA vaccine approval!
edit on 28-7-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That's enough questions. Now be sure to listen to to Dr. Fraudi, he will give you the long, convoluted and contradictory reasons why you should do as they say. Never mind logic. How dare you think for yourself. We got delta epsilon lamborghini variants over here. Why do you want to kill grandma? Don't think for yourself. Obey. This is the only way to survive, obviously.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
July 27, 2021

After the Biden CDC re-instituted the "Wear A Mask Even If You're Vaccinated" guidance today...

Former Surgeon General Jerome Adams (Trump Admin) says everyone needs to wear a mask all the time, because people were cheating, by going into stores and businesses without masks, even though they were not vaccinated.

Source: www.newsweek.com...

Dr. Jerome Adams must be seeking a seat at CNN's desk of idiot experts.

His pea-brain has forgotten that tens of millions of Americans have recovered from Covid-19 and therefore have the Antibodies. He thinks they're CHEATING the system.

I think U.S. Surgeon Generals come off an assembly line that produces LEMONS.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Where I live, in New Zealand.

Ok. Now your viewpoint makes total sense. I know some people from New Zealand and it has been very strict there. Here in my town in the US nobody has worn masks this whole time.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Perhaps they are trying to get rid of COVID-19 by as many ways as they can, to make it happen faster.

As has been pointed out, even vaccinated people can still transfer the virus around even if they get it out of their systems faster.

If past performance of the flu vaccines, and the fact coronavirus strains has been around as long as I can remembered.

And there has never been an effective vaccine for the seasonal cold.

Why would you ever think covid was actually going away?

Anyway.

Breakthrough Cases Rising With Delta: Here's What That Means

www.webmd.com...

Unfortunately, it's not so simple. Fully vaccinated people continue to be well protected against severe disease and death, even with Delta, but so-called breakthrough cases, where a person gets infected despite being fully vaccinated, are on the rise. Because of that, many experts continue to advise caution, even if fully vaccinated.

"I was disappointed," Leana Wen, MD, an emergency doctor and visiting professor of health policy and management at George Washington University's Milken School of Public Health in Washington, D.C., told CNN in response to the president's statement.

"I actually thought he was answering questions as if it were a month ago. He's not really meeting the realities of what's happening on the ground," she said. "I think he may have led people astray."

Just sit back and enjoy the bounty of nature…..

Yes. The last remark is sarcasm. But, sometimes, you have to let nature nature.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: myselfaswell

At 1 chance in 1,000, if you come into close enough contact with 1,000 infected people, like in a crowd, you're going to get it. That's how the numbers work.

So using that logic, if I buy a lottery ticket of which there's only 1000, I'm definitely going to win.

The fear mongering is nauseating.

No, you got the probability wrong. If there are only 1,000 lottery tickets, and you buy 1,000 of them, you are going to win.

The Laws of Probability would show there is a chance you would not .
If there was 1,0000 tickets , and 10,000 possible outcomes , would one have a 100% chance ?
No .

OK, whatever. I'm fairly sure that lottery companies that set lotteries with such long odds, such that it is unlikely that anyone would win, would come under government scrutiny for fraud and theft.

Wouldn't that apply as well to folks that publish inaccurate information ?

Hmmm. Bit of an obvious segue, there.

That the only obscure term you know ?
edit on 7/28/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Clearly none of these decisions are based on data. I have no idea how they can be tracking data like this and spreading the fear and doom like it's the end of the world.

Before anyone says 'but the cases'. Take a look at the next chart which is UK even with a significant surge in cases which has already passed the peak, the deaths per day is basically at its lowest. Why is this data driving panic in the media?

edit on 28-7-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Perhaps they are trying to get rid of COVID-19 by as many ways as they can, to make it happen faster.

As has been pointed out, even vaccinated people can still transfer the virus around even if they get it out of their systems faster.

If we all were put in plastic bubbles with positive air flow, this would be gone in hours. This is why your input is so valuable here.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I bet you have big internet muscles too. Bring it. I'm 7'3 290 and can leap medium size buildings. Don't push me bro.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
CDC says he vaccinated carry the same viral load as the unvaxed. Does the vaccine work? Not as you understand it to it seems.

What was the purpose of the mask? To protect others. What does the vaccine not do? Protect others. Wear your mask, sorry if they tricked you into thinking getting jabbed was the way back to normal.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just can't believe how cowardly and fearful people have become.

*shakes head*

+1 to that. To me this is the single biggest problem that has come out of this pandemic, not the virus or lockdowns, it's the effect (affect?) it has had on ordinary people bludgeoned to death by over zealous news outlets and government badgering.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Perhaps you are under the mistaken presumption that COVID is going away, at all, EVER.

Hint: it is not. It is here to stay, Forever. Just like the common cold or flu.

Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Internal CDC documents show about a 0.098% chance of breakthrough infection too.

And yet they are happening almost at the same rate as in the unvaxxed.

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmm'...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We need to eradicate the lap dog we call CDC, they serve the big pharma and what ever big pharma wants CDC will deliver, soo in other words they are not longer a government agency and never were.

Soo they can kiss my latino rear end.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
What was the purpose of the mask? To protect others.

And that's the point. It doesn't protect others, it only makes some people FEEL better, but harms the one(s) wearing it.
edit on 28-7-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Neobucket
What was the purpose of the mask? To protect others.

And that's the point. It doesn't protect others, it only makes some people FEEL better, but harms the one(s) wearing it.
I know, that’s why I said it, no need to correct me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join