It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have to wear a mask if I am vaccinated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok so the CDC just reversed it’s recommendation
For masks indoors. They are now recommending that people who have been vaccinated still have to wear a mask now.

My question is simple:

What data is there that supports this recommendation?
The only answer that the White House press secretary gave today was “ It’s an extra layer of support and you can still
Transmit the virus”

What the? That’s not an answer. Does the vaccine work? Every study I have seen says it’s 95% effective. I like SCIENCE AND DATA.

I was promised by President Biden that if I got the vaccine then everything would go back to normal. Now I am immunized and I have to wear a mask now?

Any Ad Hominem attacks or Snarky comments won’t get responded too because you have no valid logical arguments.

I am looking forward to anyone on here that can provide me with Data that supports this new rule. Only studies that are randomized , controlled , peer reviewed and have been duplicated will be looked at by me. All other studies are garbage science.

Thank you!!

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Only studies that are randomized , controlled , peer reviewed and have been duplicated will be looked at by me. All other studies are garbage science. Thank you!!

Considering this is a new mandate and nobodies got a # clue what's happening I suspect your request is going to make for a pretty quite thread ..... just sayin.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Perhaps they are trying to get rid of COVID-19 by as many ways as they can, to make it happen faster.

As has been pointed out, even vaccinated people can still transfer the virus around even if they get it out of their systems faster.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The medical authority in the US and around the world have lost the respect of the people, with their unprecedented overreach and flip-flopping. The testing, the lockdowns, the restrictions, the fear driven propaganda.... They clearly either have no idea what they’re doing, or have some other agenda altogether.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Internal CDC documents show about a 0.098% chance of breakthrough infection too.

So why are we being forced to mask up again?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Perhaps they realize that the reduction in transmission rates for the vaccinated is less than expected. (Wanting to keep new cases down.) Other countries with high vaccination rates are getting a more accurate idea of their effectiveness as they cope with variants.

edit on 27-7-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

edit on 27-7-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Masks are an indicator of control and obedience.

2nd

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You and every other vaccinated person got scammed into taking a 5 month old vaccine. It's that simple. Y'all were told the vaccine was the way to go back to the old normal and it wasn't. All the "conspiracy theorists" who keep telling y'all that we are NEVER going back to the way the world was in 2019 are being proven right every day.
Now you are left to deal with whatever long term health effects the vaccine will cause because it's a fact we have no long term studies.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

January 22, 2019 Link
During an event honoring Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) cautioned the audience that climate change would “destroy the planet” by the year 2031 if people fail to address a generational challenge she likened to “Word War II.”
I gotta tell ya, the Climate Change looks like it's gonna be brutal.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Internal CDC documents show about a 0.098% chance of breakthrough infection too.

So why are we being forced to mask up again?

It isn't about breakthrough infections. It's about the virus hanging around if it can be spread. Masks don't stop you getting the virus, they only serve to slow the velocity of exhaled air, therefore slowing the spread to others.

If people choose not to vaccinate, and have no antibodies to the virus, then it will maintain numbers in all those who are hosting it, and it won't disappear for ages.

The other issue is that if a lot of people are hosting a lot of virus, then it can easily mutate into other strains, for which the vaccines (and previous natural immunity) are probably not going to be effective.

edit on 27/7/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I have no idea, for the United States, if I had to guess, politics, Democrats need the covid-19 bullcrap, alive and well, to scare the uneducated and have a platform to run on in 2022, cuz it won’t be the economy, or how happy they have made everyone, since being in power.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well said. Quite. Thnx

EMT

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

So...masks don't stop it, the vaccine doesn't stop it, but not wearing them or taking the vaccine will somehow make the virus mutate more because there's more of the virus inside the people who don't wear masks or take the vaccine...

And the people questioning this are the one's who need to listen to science...Ummm ok then...

link   

They're just guidelines based on where the dart landed on the spinning wheel this month. Safe to ignore.

link   

Vaccinated people can still catch and spread it. I read that half of the infected in Israel were said to be vaccinated. I also read that the majority had one or more of the comorbidities, including 40% who who were immunocompromised. We have no idea how many breakthrough cases we really have in the U.S., because the cdc is not tracking mild-moderate breakthrough cases. What vaccines look good at doing is keeping people from getting sick enough to need hospitalization.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

At this point after hearing how contagious this disease is I reckon, most have caught it, and never knew it asymptomatic, etc. or some have and had cold like symptoms etc. whoever per all the tv talking heads and politicians who have not caught this yet must be living in a bunker.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

But it is.

If the vaccination is so effective that vaccinated people have around a 1 in 1,000 chance of getting it should they come into contact with an infected person, then what are the odds they are ever going to get infected to have to worry about spreading it themselves?

The primary problem is NOT breakthrough infections.

So vaccinated people should not be placed under mask mandate.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I just can't believe how cowardly and fearful people have become.

*shakes head*

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We (the non-experimental test subjects) are laughing at you not with you, sorry. Not to say we told you so, but we told you so.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Here's the ABC source for the numbers I'm using. It was published 2 days ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join