It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 20% of shop staff could be isolating in weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Remember all the panic at the beginning of this pandemic? What was the most sort after item? Toilet rolls!

Wonder if it will be the same this time round:

Supermarkets and petrol stations have been forced to shut due to staff shortages caused by the 'pingdemic' amid warnings 20 per cent of workers could be isolating in less than a month.

Iceland said it had closed 'a number of stores' due to staff having to self-isolate after being notified by the NHS app.

The frozen food chain revealed 1,000 employees - four per cent of its workforce - have had to stay at home.

It confirmed in the next few days it will start to draft in another 2,000 people to fill temporary roles across its shops following an advertising blitz in stores, on social media and in service stations.

Meanwhile BP said it has had to temporarily close some of its stations due to a petrol and diesel supply problem. ....

By the look of the photos in the link, shelves are pretty low on stock! Cheese, meat, bottle water, ice cream and fresh vegetables are extremely low right now due to shortage of lorry drivers who were isolating due to being @pinged@ by the NHS APP.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on Wed Jul 21 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: PARAGRAPHS!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Not dying. Not sick. Not even testing positive....just "pinged".
It's causing havoc in schools and even causing pings between neighbouring walls so not contact or contagion, just proximity.

I've heard lots of people are just getting rid of the app because of too many false alarms but certain places have told staff to turn it off at work.
Nurses and hospital staff is one group and I expect more will follow.

It's getting silly.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Not dying. Not sick. Not even testing positive....just "pinged".
It's causing havoc in schools and even causing pings between neighbouring walls so not contact or contagion, just proximity.

I've heard lots of people are just getting rid of the app because of too many false alarms but certain places have told staff to turn it off at work.
Nurses and hospital staff is one group and I expect more will follow.

It's getting silly.

I would think silly as well if it wasn't for the people bringing this on are "dead" serious.
It's only going to get worse from here.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If I'd said what I wanted to it would've been removed.

I suspect the whole purpose of this app is to do exactly what it's doing now. You WILL isolate for no other reason than the machine says so.

edit.
I never watched the TV show and can't remember what it was called but I'm sure it's been mentioned before. A while ago they had a simulation of a pandemic (shocked face) using mobile phones to demonstrate how a disease spread throughout the population.
They know they can manufacture chaos by technology, virus or not, and I'm sure that's what they're doing.

edit on 2172021 by Tulpa because: Added

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

If I'd said what I wanted to it would've been removed.

I suspect the whole purpose of this app is to do exactly what it's doing now. You WILL isolate for no other reason than the machine says so.

edit.
I never watched the TV show and can't remember what it was called but I'm sure it's been mentioned before. A while ago they had a simulation of a pandemic (shocked face) using mobile phones to demonstrate how a disease spread throughout the population.
They know they can manufacture chaos by technology, virus or not, and I'm sure that's what they're doing.

"They" have not yet created the amount of fear in the people of the world they require yet .
For the ones that know , we are almost in the last half of the final chapter .
edit on 7/21/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Apparently, Boris has been begging people not to delete the app. Ever shifting goal posts....we were supposed to be getting some return to normality with the restrictions being relaxed but most places I've been to are still asking you to wear masks.
The fear is still working and, according to "polls", a lot of folk don't want lock down to end. I'm guessing they only ask people who are still being payed to stay at home.

The SAGE team are already trying to ramp up the fear again with predictions of huge spikes and more lock down in as little as three weeks! I never bothered with the app. Those who have it are either going to let it control them just through conditioning and fearful obedience or they'll start to see through it and delete the damned thing.

I'm hoping it's the latter.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

The way I understand the situation is that being pinged is advisory and not enforceable by law since Freedom Day. If, however, you are contacted by the NHS Track & Trace, then you are obligated by "law" to self isolate.

That's why many employers are telling their staff to ignore (or remove) the app. Boris must have thought long and hard (all of two minutes) before granting said Freedom... how high can bodies pile up or can herd immunity be reached?

Personally, I think it's an experiment to see if people will continue, on their own, with lockdown restrictions (masks, social distancing, etc.) without it being written into law. Has the brainwashing and submission of the masses worked?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I assume the answer is yes, but I don't know...
Are there some places that require employees to use this App at all times?

This is beyond ridiculous. With contact tracing, every single step you make outside of work, during your off-time, can now determine whether or not you are allowed/permitted to work.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Well, I think this app should be cancelled as it clearly isn't working right. Just because you may have been close to someone who tested positive, doesn't mean you have contracted said virus!

Causing unnecessary panic!
edit on 22-7-2021 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Hence the confusion.
Those who have been most fearful will err on the side of caution and isolate when it may not be necessary and those who keep getting repeatedly pinged for no reason will ditch the app.

It will render the whole thing impractical but the disruption resulting from this causes a visible pandemic "effect" which the government can use as evidence for continuing restrictions.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Well, I think this app should be cancelled as it clearly isn't working right. Just because you may have been close to someone who tested positive, doesn't mean you have contracted said virus!

Causing unnecessary panic!

I'd say the government thinks it's working great. Any and all disruption can be blamed on the virus to bolster the position that more restrictions are required.
More panic, more fear and confusion creates ideal circumstances for intervention from those in power.

I bet SAGE are preparing a "told you so" speech right now......unless they had one prepared in advance for this exact eventuality.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Its ridiculous.

Most adults have been double jabbed.
Apart from a minute number of exceptions this Delta variant, which is by far the most prevalent strain at present, causes nothing more than a runny nose and a headache.

Yet the country is going into meltdown; businesses shutting all over the place, empty shelves in supermarkets and thousands upon thousands being 'forced' to self-isolate despite not showing any symptoms or testing positive.

The shelves are empty not because of shortages but because there's no-one to drive the #ing lorries and vans or to stack the bloody shelves because everybody is self-frigging-isolating!

Over 600,000 people pinged last week alone.

Its complete and utter madness.

Its official; The World Has Gone Crazy.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wasn't there talk a couple of weeks ago or so of tweaking the sensitivity of this App down?

Not sure of the technical details etc but surely something has to be done.

600,000 people sat at home twiddling their thumbs whilst the country is in danger of grinding to a halt.

Nero and his fiddle springs to mind.

Dominic Cummings is a complete twat, that is undeniable.
But what is also undeniably true is his assessment of Boris Johnson's obvious inadequacies and his unsuitability for the role of Prime Minister.
If The Tory Party truly had any sort of care and consideration for the ordinary people of this country they would oust him with immediate effect.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Theatre of covid.
Directed by SAGE.
Puppets by Spitting Image.
Special guest stars....the British public.
Broadcast live around the clock until you've had enough and switch off.

News this morning was saying it'll be the bins next. Not enough drivers etc to do collections.
Wonderful thought isn't it?
Piles of smelly bin bags piled up in the streets baking in the heat.

Reminds me of the seventies!

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Dominic Cummings is a complete twat, that is undeniable.
But what is also undeniably true is his assessment of Boris Johnson's obvious inadequacies and his unsuitability for the role of Prime Minister.
If The Tory Party truly had any sort of care and consideration for the ordinary people of this country they would oust him with immediate effect.

Yes but using Cummings to lead all the criticism of Boris and his policies means that most will side with the government.
Cummings is almost universally hated and that hatred blinds folk to the trick he's playing.
His criticism is valid but because it's him, people will defend Boris.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I know one person who has been "false pinged"-they got told they were exposed to covid at a time when they were on their own at home.
When they tried to get "unpinged" they were unable to-due to not being able to talk to anyone/too long phone queue.

I wonder how many cases there are like that(and how the system makes false pings).

I think the NHS app has cost us the taxpayers 37 billion pounds.
Which IMO is an unfathomable waste of money-especially if its pinging wrong people.

Edit to add link as 37 billion pounds seems far too high a cost:

www.independent.co.uk...
"No measurable evidence that scheme made difference in slowing progress of pandemic, cross-party committee finds"
Well thats money well spent.

edit on 22/7/2021 by Silcone Synapse because: link

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Dominic Cummings is undoubtedly universally disliked.
But by the same token how anyone can have even the slightest bit of regard or respect for Boris Johnson both as a person and as a politician is beyond me.
If ever a person was so evidently out of their depth its him.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

£37billion.
Overseen by Dido Harding - friend of David Cameron, husband of John Penrose, Conservative Party MP.
John Penrose - on the board of 1828, advocates of replacing the NHS with an American style insurance healthcare system.

And I imagine part of their reasoning will be the inherent wastage in the NHS.

It really is so blatant....but they act with total impunity.

Westminster is rancid.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That's true .
It's a PR game they're playing now, though.
The BBC couldn't stand Cummings a very short while ago but now he's their darling little go-to-guy so they can use him as ammunition against Bodger.

Ostensibly they're willing partners in a campaign against Boris but the short term result will be public support for the government.
A shallow side show.
The audience will be too busy booing the villain of the piece for any information to sink in and Cummings and his criticism will be soon forgotten.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Rancid is the word.
They really are professional scammers.
Criminals.
And they expect us to believe them on ALL matters,and do exactly as they say,even when they consistently break their own rules.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join