It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Nuclear Demon"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The Nuclear Demon
By RON JACOBS

Recent news reports in Israeli and US newspapers claim that Israel is planning to attack Iran this summer. The purpose of the attack will be to destroy that country's nuclear facilities. These same reports also claim that Washington has authorized these attacks. Indeed, unless Iran does not respond to the rumored attacks, one can safely assume that not only will Washington authorize the destruction of Tehran's nuclear power capability; its armies will be ready to go into Iran. Although both capitals are currently publicly committed to the diplomatic effort spearheaded by the European Union, Israeli officials say the time to attack will come later this year when they believe Iran will be in a position to start processing uranium. These same officials state further that Tel Aviv's inner cabinet has decided to act alone if the impasse continues after that time. "If all efforts to persuade Iran to drop (what Israel and the US believe to be) its plans to produce nuclear weapons should fail, the US administration will authorize Israel to attack," said one Israeli security source. (London Times) ...

See link for full article. Make up your own commentary I suppose.

MOD EDITS: Removed ALL CAPS from title. Included link to original work. Used appropriate quotations and edit so as to not plagiarize author. Added comments to See link for full article. Make up your own commentary I suppose. Got annoyed. Decided I should get the points for this post after all this work. But what are ya gonna do?

[edit on 24-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
thats just wack i mean who would blow up nuclear facilities and just let toxic gas just leak out into the world i just don't want to see this happening

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Here is the game plan guys, you read it here first:

1) The USA's air force is fairly idle right now, but ground forces are strained.
2) By this summer (June maybe?), Israel will have consolidated a decent portion of its troops back into Israel from Gaza. Plenty of troops with nothing to do.

See where I am going with this?

US/Israeli air attacks, Israeli troops on the ground.

Massive air campaign, ground attacks where necessary.

Remember my words people, this is EXACTLY how it WILL go down.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

1) The USA's air force is fairly idle right now, but ground forces are strained.
2) By this summer (June maybe?), Israel will have consolidated a decent portion of its troops back into Israel from Gaza. Plenty of troops with nothing to do.

The arab community will will be furious.I quess the so called war on terorism of the US is becoming a self fulfilling prephecy after all

The arab community will will be furious.I quess the so called war on terrorism of the US is becoming a self fulfilling prephecy after all.
There wasnt and still isnt a threat from al queda or other terrorist groups, but if israel attacks im sure a full blown jihad is going to be fought against the US and israel.This is EXACTLY what the neocons want to get the wind in their sails.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's your kind of arrogance which has taken over America and all the good it stood for. And it's precisely this kind of cocky arrogance which will lead to the fall of America as a super power. It's never really other countries which cause the fall of a particular super power or empire - It's always the own actions of that super power / empire which leads to its own fall. It seems to me like you have watched to much hollywood - particularly "Rambo". Believe me when I say that the real world is quite different, even though some of your fellow Americans who are in power today are riding a short-lived wave of illusions that they are living the "Rambo dream". It's not going to be painless when you wake up to reality.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
hey Siroos, other countries have made empires fall, the Roman Empire annhilated the Carthage empire. You are being very abstract.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos

It's your kind of arrogance which has taken over America and all the good it stood for. And it's precisely this kind of cocky arrogance which will lead to the fall of America as a super power. It's never really other countries which cause the fall of a particular super power or empire - It's always the own actions of that super power / empire which leads to its own fall. It seems to me like you have watched to much hollywood - particularly "Rambo". Believe me when I say that the real world is quite different, even though some of your fellow Americans who are in power today are riding a short-lived wave of illusions that they are living the "Rambo dream". It's not going to be painless when you wake up to reality.

Did you actually read his post?
You're going to have to help me out. Where's the arrogance in his post?
He states how the US/Isreal would attack Iran......and that's it.....

lol, you're hatred for America is causing you to see stuff not even there.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't see Israeli troops moving across hundreds of miles of hostile territory. Not one Arab Nation will permit this.

Air strikes, possibly. Unless Israeli troops are air-lifted to Iranian soil, it will be next to impossible for them to transport safely.

peace

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
I don't see Israeli troops moving across hundreds of miles of hostile territory. Not one Arab Nation will permit this.

Air strikes, possibly. Unless Israeli troops are air-lifted to Iranian soil, it will be next to impossible for them to transport safely.

peace

I dont mean to imply an Israeli troop invasion. I mean if there is any ground activity it would be primarily Israeli forces and maybe some US special forces.

I am of the opinion that most of what they want to accomplish could be done by the air, with some ground strikes as a suppliment only.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think it will go down like this: (applies to either Iran or N.Korea)

A remote controlled stealth aircraft will be used to deliver a nuclear warhead, which has been built to mimic the type of weapon the target country has built, and the weapon will be detonated at the weapons manufaturing site. The call will then be placed that the target country has to be occupied by U.S. led U.N. forces in order to contain the out-of-control and unsafe government/military of that country. The U.N. forces would be primary U.S. allies and that would place the U.S. in charge of that country.
Worldwide condemnation of a "rougue" country for 'accidently' blowing up it's own nuclear facilities and a chance for the U.S. to contain another enemy, how sweet.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Siroos, don't waste your time on this , the average American can't even finish
High School , they are unable to comprehend the bigger picture !! There are
more American's killed by Americans in their own country than any insurgents
or teroroists.. They need to be drawn in to a long stay in the Middle east so
that the American economy will start getting torn apart as they will haveto
finance and go into more debt to carry on their march for so called freedom. !!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
again with the American stereotyping and hating, how sad
I think that Israel will be the one to attack Iran both by air and limited Israeli spec ops on the ground. I don't think the U.S. military will get involved, but if Iran retaliates against our forces in the region without any proof that it was our fault they will have signed their own destruction.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos

You are the single most pathetic individual on this board. Your hatred for America is so deep that you label any kind of OPINION ON HOW SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN as American arogance.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes it is indeed sad about american stereotypiing and hatred but unfortunately
united states has brought this up on themselves by illigal invasions ,killing of
innocent people and lies about WMD that never existed .
To the topic of Iran I don't think Israel or USA will attack Iran as the consequences would be destablizing to the west!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
united states has brought this up on themselves by illigal invasions ,killing of
To the topic of Iran I don't think Israel or USA will attack Iran as the consequences would be destablizing to the west!

Illegal invasions?

Illegal according to who? The UN?

Don't make me laugh. Just because Ira....errr, France, Germany and Russia didn't vote and give us their aproval does not make it illegal. In fact, there is no legality in war accept for the decleration of.

As for your comments about Iran, exactly how would it destabalize the west? Please present your argument with documated evidence.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by zi2525

Illegal invasions?

Illegal according to who? The UN?

Don't make me laugh. Just because Ira....errr, France, Germany and Russia didn't vote and give us their aproval does not make it illegal. In fact, there is no legality in war accept for the decleration of.

As for your comments about Iran, exactly how would it destabalize the west? Please present your argument with documated evidence.

Illegal according to who? The whole reason for going to war as / President
of USA was that there was an imminent danger as Iraq had WMD. No such
thing was ever found. The Sunday Times on March 20 had an artical that
the MI6 chief( Britains equ. of CIA) Richard Dearlove had said how American,s
had "fixed" case for war. Ther has been numerous other write ups on this.

I don't understand why some people in USA get very defensive when their goverment does something wrong . The whole world was against this war .

Everyone thought Saddam was wrong to go and capture Kuwait in the 90's.
( and he was wrong) it is the same situation with the states. If Bush had
other motives( which he did) to go and invade a country the he should have said so ! instead of lying to the world. The UN is there just for that reason.
We either go with it or dismantel it but we can't ignore the UN when it doesn't
benefit us and use it when it does. Bush used it after the 911 to attack Al Qaida( Afganestan) and the whole world was behind him. So it was illigal
according to UN and just the wrong thing to do per most of the people and
goverments of this planet . It iwas simply wrong to go to Iraq period!

As for the destabalizing of the west. Iran is the second biggest producer of
gas and one of the top producers of oil and suppliesmainly Europe and Japan.
A war wiith Iran with greatly effect those countries and hence the economy.
That leads to debt unemployment etc. which we are beging to see in the
States already. It will also hamper and bog down the American's in the area
for longer and that surley would not be good. Israel is now finally getting
somewhere with the Palestinians and would not want to jepordise that .
It is just not a good policy. Britain , France and some of these old free and
democratic countries didn't become that because they were invaded by another democratic country it is a process. All of these are my opinion I don't
have a Phd in Political Science

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The President of the United States has a Constitutional right to declare war on any country with the authorization of Congress. That means more to me than some ridicules rules made up by the U.N., who were getting blood money from Iraq. We go tot he U.N. to ask for support of the war NOT for permission.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The President of the United States has a Constitutional right to declare war on any country with the authorization of Congress. That means more to me than some ridicules rules made up by the U.N., who were getting blood money from Iraq. We go tot he U.N. to ask for support of the war NOT for permission.

Ok Rambo stay in your nice , comfortable oblivion !!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I agree with skippytjc to a certain extent...

I beleive that Israel will play quite a big role in this invasion, but I beleive that US Soldiers will play an equal role in the ground invasion, maybe even more so, considering the fact that as soon a Palastine finds out that Israel is attacking another Arab state, tempers will probably flair up again...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
AMM,

"You are the single most pathetic individual on this board. Your hatred for America is so deep that you label any kind of OPINION ON HOW SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN as American arogance."

I think you will find that SkippyTJC did not offer it as an opinion. In his own words "Remember my words people, this is EXACTLY how it WILL go down."

As to the charge of American arrogance, I could be flippant and state that your are the proof of that, but I wont as that is not constructive. I could further more state that your comment that someone is a "pathetic individual" is hardly conducive to good order on this thread but again I will not as I am neither your mother nor a moderator.

What I will say is that on a daily basis both in this board and in the world at large we see glaring examples of American arrogance.

I harbour no emotive feelings (positive or negative) towards Americans. As a well educated individual I do have my oppositions to many of the policies that have been carried out by your current administration (and for balance, the policies of previous administrations as well).

With regards to this subject, I feel that it will lead to a worsening of the state of the world if either the US or Israel attack Iran's nuclear facilities.

I feel it is hypocritical for both the US and Israel to have such programs and weapons but to then attempt, by means of force, another soveriegn nation taking up the same rights.

What right does the US and Israel have for keeping nuclear weapons?

Why do the same rights not extend to Iran or any other nation?

Just because the US and Israel do not like said countries regime is not a good enough answer.

I look forward to your reply. I would ask that you respond in a civil manner as I have to you. If you feel unable to reply without resorting to a personal attack then please do not bother responding at all.

Cheers

BHR

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join