It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Office of the Director of National Intelligence goes Full Potato

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So the message is that real diverse people aren't photogenic enough for the cover of the report assuming they are hired and working at the CIA.

Because I would assume that not every person of limited physical capacity would be working in an undercover capacity in the field and thus have to have their identity hidden under wraps.

Even further, in a report about diversity, the shutterstock images could not be bothered to use actual diverse models. Isn't this the sort of thing activists get all up in arms about Hollywood doing - not actually using the real deal in their roles? It was why Scarlett Johansson couldn't play a transperson - she wasn't actually trans.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has released their annual report on “Hiring and Retention of Minorities, Women, and Persons with Disabilities in the United States Intelligence Community.”

Problem is, they’ve done a really, really bad job of photoshopping in a blind guy and a woman in a wheelchair from a stock photo found on Shutterstock

Just lazy.

Shouldn't there be a drag queen in the bunch?
edit on 7/12/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I don’t see a rainbow monkey with a strap-on , either.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Funny, this just poped up as a suggestion on YouTube.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Any organization basing their hiring on color and physical defects will crumble to the ground. It must be based on merit.

Esp. in a field where it’s “We have to get it right every time, they just need to get it right once”.

If I ran that place the only thing I’d give a damn about here is the person being the best in the business at the job they’re applying for. There’d be no place for checkboxes completely unrelated to the task. Then again maybe that’s why I’m not running an alphabet agency…

Do you have any evidence that the women, minorities and disabled individuals that the IC hires are anything other than highly qualified? I’m guessing that you are just making that assumption out of ignorance for some reason.

I’ve personally known and worked with many individuals in the IC over the years and they were all very impressive people, regardless of their outward appearance. There’s actually a reason it’s referred to as the Intelligence Community.

You are right Boomer. Why would anyone believe that the US Government would select a person based on their skin color or gender, rather than qualifications. It's Ludacris. BTW, VP Harris sure is doing a nice job thus far, doncha think?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe there is a touch of truth here though...the blind guy does appear to be the intelligence communities greatest asset at the moment.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Lot of mentally handicapped people added to the original photo...

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: Chadwickus

Problem is, they’ve done a really, really bad job of photoshopping in a blind guy and a woman in a wheelchair from a stock photo found on Shutterstock

The way you stated that sounds like they just added two people from Shutterstock. What I understand happened is they took one Shutterstock image of a group and photoshopped in the two you mentioned from other images.

That means not one person in that image is actually employed by that agency. Do they even have a camera? You know, like for gathering intelligence or something.

Perhaps they dont want to blow anyone’s cover? Being spies and all…..

Well, as I pointed out earlier,, the CIA let's theirs do interviews so perhaps they let non-spies be in the media....

Either way, the photshop job was horrible and is all about virtue signaling with no mention of merit based hiring.....

Personally I don't care what you look like in any profession as long as you are the best candidate for the job.....but alas....here we are.
calm down. I made an obvious joke.

Yeah, govt agencies do as directed by the admin, except in the case of unapproved admins.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I generally agree.
for certain organizations: hire on merit only.
IC being one of those organizations.

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think hes pretending to be one of those Spoilt blind guys, who can afford both the dog and the cane.
Or!!!!
What if that watch was an active Lidar device that 360 scans the area 10 times per second and then sends a read out to the implanted microchip in his brain. Which of course allows him to "see" his surroundings as a 3D point cloud?!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Must be from the same guy who prepared that shutterstock picture of Tali, in ME, lol...

Also, my, how racist, biggoted and intolerant you must be for not loving bad photoshops!
It's not all people who can know how to properly use that complicated Adobe software, you know!

An effort was made here. By the director of the National Intelligence. You have all there is to know.

Seriously, there IS one redeemable quality here; for once, an agency really used the lowest bidder for a job.
It should help with the debt. ...

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StreetGlide

Bahahah YES!
We need a drag queen reading a book to a child in that picture.
edit on 13-7-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Guess you missed my point there!
OKI?
Oh yeah what Tribe is that how you were raised? Do you to prefer that instead? Oki? Did you grow up on the Rezy? Maybe we have relatives being in Northwest I would love to meet family!

But yes please tell me more about "Native Americans"

edit on 14-7-2021 by MiaBandetoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh

a reply to: Chadwickus

I think the funniest part is the blind guy is likely not really blind and the lady in the wheel chair doesn't appear to have any real disability by the way she is sitting and posing.

What a hilarious fail.

Also....I don't see any American Indians in there so.....

Hilarious fail at what exactly?

What would you like to see? Other than I am assuming people from India?!? (cause Americans are native or indigenous).

***Deny Ignorance point*** America was already discovered and the people here were not from India.

I guess maybe you are calling out your age, and bias? So...

You are so woke! Life must just be a complete blast!

I guess African American and Asian American are also bad huh? I mean if they were born here then they are just Americans right?

What are your pronouns?

Well I woke up this morning for sure! I guess that must be a new slur I am unfamiliar with, waking is a bad thing now? I can never keep up and I am too old to try! lol

I prefer to call people what they wish to be called and not label them? I grew up with my Father teaching me that Indians were from a country called India? But then. Now being called a Native American is anyone born in America so I suppose if you want to label someone you can add their ethnicity. I personally would know their tribe but what do I know?
edit on 14-7-2021 by MiaBandetoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks, Burgh. I am still wiping covfefe off my keyboard after the White Cherokee pic.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join