It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Town Unites to Honor Fallen Officer

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Doyline, Louisiana. Population: 782. Size: 3 sq mi.

This is the town I've lived in since 1985. Very small, very quiet, tight-knit country town where everybody knows everybody, rumors about yourself are known by everyone before it gets back to you, and if something bad happens to someone good, the whole town is in your corner. While I'd driven my family to Rockwall, TX (just outside of Dallas) Friday evening to purchase a new truck, my wife started seeing post after post about a stand-off in our small town. The last big thing that happened around there was the mysterious explosion in Camp Minden. A 911 call brought in a couple of deputies in response. Once there, shots rang out and one of our own had been shot in the head and was being airlifted to LSUS-Oschner with life threatening injuries, that he'd succumb to later that evening. This prompted around 200 police officers and Troopers from the cities around us as a maniac barricaded himself inside a run-down single wide meth lover's dream home. We finally passed the street this happened on, around 1:00 am and the dust had finally settled, but the irreversible damage had been done. Officer Billy Collins was gone. Sunday evening, there was a major turnout, bigger than we'd ever seen before, to honor his life. I'm proud to be part of a town that still loves their police and appreciate all that they've done. I know this may not mean much to many of you, but it means a lot to me, especially in the current atmosphere of this crazy country. This made all major news outlets as well.

Story

edit on 12-7-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sorry to hear.

Hopefully they turned the crackhead perp into Swiss cheese.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
At the end of the day there are good people who want to protect the places they live. I respect people who want to protect their community.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's a nice show of support. Anytime a good man dies is a tragedy. I need to see where Doyline is.

Me and wife have only been to NOLA which we loved. And then took the road up north near Lake Pontecharine (sp) for a swamp tour. Really great people.

Love the South minus the weather lol

It was already too hot sometime in OCT

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ham and Swiss cheese go quite well together

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

Very distasteful.

Says a lot about who and what you are.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

RIP Officer Collins.
You can rest easy now sir, your shift has come to an end.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

You can stand down now Officer Collins.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Goes to prove that there are still lots, and lots, of good people out there in the world.

Rest In Peace, Officer Collins.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Sorry to hear.

Hopefully they turned the crackhead perp into Swiss cheese.

They didn't, they eventually got him out with some kind of flashbang and arrested him, he was in bad shape though.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

We're quite a distance from New Orleans. Doyline is up in the northwest corner of Louisiana, about 25 miles east of Shreveport. If you blink, you'll miss it. In this screenshot I grabbed, you can see it in the red circle. You'll notice the state lines for Texas to the left and Arkansas just north.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh wow, interesting thank you.

That is tiny.

My ex colleague is a great guy he has family in both TX and LA and is so nice. Cooks a great gumbo too! lol

He moved from here in CO back down to TX recently which made all of us at the company sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Doyline, Louisiana. Population: 782. Size: 3 sq mi.

This is the town I've lived in since 1985. Very small, very quiet, tight-knit country town where everybody knows everybody, rumors about yourself are known by everyone before it gets back to you, and if something bad happens to someone good, the whole town is in your corner.

Wow. Sorry for your loss, and thanks for the post.

This really makes me want to pursue a dream I've had ever since watching a silly movie ('Doc Hollywood') with an old girlfriend. Ever since watching that, I've wanted to move to a small town like that and put down permanent roots.

join