It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They made you believe God is perfect...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
... but is he for real?

Considering he made us in his own image what does it tells you about his character?
Humans are full of doubts, do mistakes all the time and feed evil continuously.
In his image, huh?

God is perfect in his imperfections. That sounds more right.
From my own experience, God seems to have gone through the same challenges that we are facing right now and even battled against doubts when his infinite mind suddenly was confronted to this powerful question-
"Where do I come from?"
It's already disturbing as it is for us humans to actually ask ourselves this but then now imagine the implications for a being that has lived forever and ever.
Mind blown.

Furthermore, the Almighty holds all things together then evil must be a part of him too. Where do you think it comes from in the first place if not from the creator itselfs? The difference between God and his creation is probably the fact that he ultimately overcame the temptations of evil and learn to transform it in something positive. So did he make mistakes at some point?
A good example of where God could have made a mistake is in the garden of Eden. He tried to hide evil from all of us and how does that ended? Probably did it with good intent but it backfired hard. He could have just introduced us to the fact life is not only about rainbows and sunshine. That evil exist whether we like it or not and the horrors behind it can't be ignored. It can be contained I guess but he did the same mistake we do with our childrens. We make them believe in fairy tales and try to hide the #ed up reality we live in for as long as we can. Still, they'll have to face it one day or another.

So what God did was to warn us about the consequences of knowing evil but didn't give us full context as to why it's such a painful realization. Instead, he said:

"Eat from all of trees in the garden but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.'"

Clearly I can understand why he would try to protect his creation from the thought of evil, shielding us from its true nature and making us live in a fantasy land. It's why I think God can make mistakes too and he learns from it just like you and me. It's the whole purpose of life.
And anyway, how could he proclaimed himself as being perfect if he is not even opened to the possibility of admitting his own shortcomings. It's not like life was all fun and joy, right? There's room for improvement.

So maybe the creator is more relatable than we like to pretend and that would be great news!

edit on 12-7-2021 by St0rD because: Rephrasing after the criticism

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

What credentials entitled you to explain God ?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

What kind of question is that?
You don't have to agree or relate to my OP but this is just low.

Mankind have tried for literally thousand of years to understand and explain God. I'm simply providing my own subjective interpretation of our reality to all of that.

You're full of bull#. What credentials entitled you to give your opinion about anything anyway?
You're attempt to try and ridicule me because you most likely have no f-cking clue about the true nature of God is simply defining the kind of person you are.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Let's imagine a world without knowledge of good and evil, how boring would that be, we would still be wearing fig leaves in a garden of trees.

The dance of opposites produced the diverse off shoots you see today, its quite conceivable that God is perfection, because perfection would create many imperfections and study its meaning in billions of different ways. Study that which you do not know

So maybe God is perfect, maybe god is not... But just because you see chaos with your eyes and brain that cannit comprehend the actual truth, there is a good chance its all in order also.

edit on 12-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Well in Truemans defence the op is referencing the Christian God not some vague apparition in his own mind
God gave humanity a choice, having a choice is consistent with love

If the op took the time to understanding God, I think the op would understand why he fails in his assumptions and leaves himself open to criticism.

Imagine if I was to criticise a belief system I didn’t understand, or even try to understand, it would justify ridicule

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Panartisis

Let's imagine a world without knowledge of good and evil, how boring would that be, we would still be wearing fig leaves in a garden of trees.

The dance of opposites produced the diverse off shoots you see today, its quite conceivable that God is perfection, because perfection would create many imperfections and study its meaning in billions of different ways. Study that which you do not know

So maybe God is perfect, maybe god is not... But just because you see chaos with your eyes and brain that cannit comprehend the actual truth, there is a good chance its all in order also.

God has always been portrayed as a being that wants to have a relationship with us, meaning we have an opportunity to know him. He also made us in his image so we have all the tools we need to find the truth. Sure, there are some things our limited brain can't process but to imply I can't comprehend or see the actual truth... cmon.

And I might have explained it wrongly in my OP but God can still be perfect of course. My point is only that the yin and yang synergy implies he is also imperfect in a way. Now all we are being told is he is a being that can do no wrong at all but is that really true? How could God even comprehend the meaning behind perfection if he didn't go through hardships and the struggle of life in the first place?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

What kind of question is that?
You don't have to agree or relate to my OP but this is just low.

Mankind have tried for literally thousand of years to understand and explain God. I'm simply providing my own subjective interpretation of our reality to all of that.

You're full of bull#. What credentials entitled you to give your opinion about anything anyway?
You're attempt to try and ridicule me because you most likely have no f-cking clue about the true nature of God is simply defining the kind of person you are.

See ? Just a simple question triggered your ignorance in the most violent way. You have nothing to say about God.

You made a thread about God and used foul language at the same time. Your thread is garbage.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Wow. The accusations of you guys are surreal.

I respect all religions. I know there is good and truth in all of them. I'm not trying to disrespect Christianity, on the contrary. Maybe I was too aggresive and clumsy in my OP I can give you that.

Now, can you elaborate about why you think I don't understand God or the belief system around it?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
a reply to: Raggedyman

Wow. The accusations of you guys are surreal.

I respect all religions. I know there is good and truth in all of them. I'm not trying to disrespect Christianity, on the contrary. Maybe I was too aggresive and clumsy in my OP I can give you that.

Now, can you elaborate about why you think I don't understand God or the belief system around it?

Too late. You did it. Your problem is you think God is a person like you.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Nothing here folks.
Move along.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Your question was an obvious sign you don't know sh-t about God because otherwise you would have at least considered my OP.

Most people don't have a f-cking clue about the true nature of our reality. We are so obvious as to the purpose of life it's embarassing. You're calling me ignorant and thus proving my point-

You don't know what you're talking about. My thread might be garbage in your eyes and others. I've commited all my life to fight for the truth and do everything in my power to get to know God and honor him. What I provided in my OP has some truth and deep insights to it in a way but I completely understands why it would be received that way. Still, I don't feel like you came in here with an open mindset.

Either way, it's all good.
To each their own.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

We all come from the same original source.

God is already telling us he made us in his image if you have faith in religions, so yeah it"s not too far stretched to imply he may have many similar characteristics to us. My main idea is simply that the Lord might had times when he was truly challenged by life and ultimately had to confront doubts about his true nature thus opening him to vulnerabilty and yes... maybe even bring him to do "mistakes" in the way humans understand it.

What's wrong and ignorant about that theory? Stop wasting my time if you have nothing more to say.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
9a reply to: St0rD

I suggest you read the book of Job.

It might shed some light on some of the things you ponder.

Whether you believe or not is up to you. It may however at least show you that doubt has been placed before God before.

@Trueman asked you pretty much the same question that God asked Job.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
9a reply to: St0rD

It may however at least show you that doubt has been placed before God before.

Care to elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you really mean here because of the phrasing and it's clearly relevant to my op. If I read it well you just added fuel to the perspective I provided.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The mistake in your thinking is that you equate your mind with the image of God. if you followed that logic you'd end up believing God has a human brain. Creation is certainly a huge accomplishment for the small mind you granted to God.

The image of God is a spiritual essence that exists in the purest of love. That essence of absolute perfection exists in our heart. That is our true self or the I Am as Jesus called it.

I don't want you to believe as belief is merely food for the mind. You need experience that truth for yourself.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Considering he made us in his own image what does it tells you about his character?
Humans are full of doubts, do mistakes all the time and feed evil continuously.
In his image, huh?

what makes you think the god of this world is God?

A little blue marble in the middle of nowhere... with a god that thinks he created it all...

Right...

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I've always thought it was weird fhat we were created in God's image, so he is also petty, warlike, terratorial and vindictive?

Nah, I don't believe a word of it...

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I was referring to Job. He too thought that he knew God's mind. He thought he could present his case to God, and show God how God had made a mistake, with him. He thought his arguments would be convincing, and God would correct the errors God had made, with him.

If a child sticks a pebble up his nose. It is not until he has grown enough in age, experience, and wisdom, that he would understand why holding him down, restricting his movements, and causing him pain, and humiliation, was necessary in prevent him more severe injury in time.

A child can't see past the moment, and self. Regardless of how smart or advanced a child may seem, he is still a child and extremely limited in what he can learn and understand.

We can be reminded of just how tiny our world is when we look at the sky at night. A tiny speck, in a grand universe. We know so much, but we know much less than we will ever know.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Typical Christians tactics when confronted with clear problems with the Bible.

1. Stay silent on the subject & talk about something else.
When that fails.

2. Try to divert away from problems with the Bible & start talking about Islam instead.
When that fails.

3. Make up a different meaning to what the Bible verses say.
When that fails.

4. Say you have to believe before you understand the Bible.
When that fails.

5. Go into shouty preach mode.
When that fails.

6. Run away

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

A Creator more relatable to me?

No, thanks.

I'm imperfect and make #ty decisions all the time.

Only God could possibly explain Himself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join