It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They made you believe God is perfect...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: St0rD

I've always thought it was weird fhat we were created in God's image, so he is also petty, warlike, terratorial and vindictive?

Nah, I don't believe a word of it...

If you're following along with the story man became like that after sin entered the world. So pre sin we were like God. Post sin we are not. If you don't believe the story that's fine, but it's congruent.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Mind not blown. You created your own god and explained it to us. That's not my God.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The bible says God is perfect. This is all any Christian needs to know, because "whatever is not of faith is sin."

The above answers all of your questions in one sentence.
edit on 7/12/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I was referring to Job. He too thought that he knew God's mind. He thought he could present his case to God, and show God how God had made a mistake, with him. He thought his arguments would be convincing, and God would correct the errors God had made, with him.

If a child sticks a pebble up his nose. It is not until he has grown enough in age, experience, and wisdom, that he would understand why holding him down, restricting his movements, and causing him pain, and humiliation, was necessary in prevent him more severe injury in time.

A child can't see past the moment, and self. Regardless of how smart or advanced a child may seem, he is still a child and extremely limited in what he can learn and understand.

We can be reminded of just how tiny our world is when we look at the sky at night. A tiny speck, in a grand universe. We know so much, but we know much less than we will ever know.

Well, I don't pretend to know God's mind but I can still acknowledge when he seems to be giving insights about the world around me. One thing I can say for sure though is that 3 years ago I asked to be shown the truth of our reality and I feel like my wish was granted. It was not what I expected and ultimately reinforced my belief in God.
Ask and you shall receive.

Now you guys don't even consider what I'm bringing to the table here. I don't care if Job tried to blame God for his own shortcomings, it has nothing to do with my rethoric. I'm working towards to get to know God genuinely, not blame him or disrespect him and his legacy in anyway. I still have much work to do in order to have a true relationship with God. Still, the idea behind my OP came from a thought that manifested out of nowhere and really gave me a new clear perspective about who God is and why he might be acting in some ways. You don't have to believe me but I felt like he was showing a part of him that involved weakness and I'm grateful he trusted me with that knowledge.

I may be wrong ofc. I'll still fight for what I stand for though.

Reality is most likely not what you expect.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
a reply to: Trueman

What kind of question is that?
You don't have to agree or relate to my OP but this is just low.

Mankind have tried for literally thousand of years to understand and explain God. I'm simply providing my own subjective interpretation of our reality to all of that.

You're full of bull#. What credentials entitled you to give your opinion about anything anyway?
You're attempt to try and ridicule me because you most likely have no f-cking clue about the true nature of God is simply defining the kind of person you are.

Actually with that trash reply you just gave away the entire premise of your OP is based upon your own childish need to cast blame for all the imperfections of your own life.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

A Creator more relatable to me?

No, thanks.

I'm imperfect and make #ty decisions all the time.

Only God could possibly explain Himself.

How do you guys expect him to explain Himself if not by having a conversation with us? It's been pretty much made clear from the start that God wants to have a relationship with you and actually want to talk to you. It may not be directly or even with words involved, yet if you're open to it you might have glimpses of its presence.
Don't get me wrong, I don't pretend to have a special relationship with the Lord. In fact, it's lacking in the last months. It"s still funny to see you guys claiming I'm almost delusionnal for saying stuff like this. I'm starting to wonder if some of you even have any idea about who God really is...

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I've also wondered about that, and tried to figure what it meant, because I believe in evolution I think so what happens when we evolve physically again. Does God evolve first, what does he need eyes, nose etc, sense reciptors for? So I never believed God was human in appearance, an old man with a big white beard... I mean hello you have just gave me back Santa Clause after I found out he wasn't real, cept this santa is a bit more hard-core man

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Lmao you guys are truly something else.

Think whatever you want and feel free to ignore completely my contribution in this topic. I'm used to deal with people like you. You act like you somehow exposed me but we both know that's bull#. You simply have nothing productive to say and it's obvious.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In my personal experience, trust in the universe working things out is trust in God. I've had extremely specific (and I really mean extemely) prayers work out with literal blood and tears dripped onto pages of verse. Weird, I know. Pagan? Maybe. God? Maybe. I've also had extreme specific success with things through meditation. Just believe something.

Is god perfect? As I understand it, we're all one in the long run, so yes and no. There'd be no point of existing without conflict. Kinda like a test to better oneself. But what the hell do I know? I'm still studying. That said, go f yourself and I'll see you in hell.

Enjoy the beer here.

ETA: Kinda weird how since I was a kid I said perfection is in the imperfections... Wouldnt it make sense for an imperfect godlike being to fracture itself to attract each other to opposites to equalize?

Maybe I've done too much L in my days, lol.
edit on 12-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Ask and you will receive is the most important phrase in history and very few see what it means.

Deny ignorance? I think promoting truth will get you further

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

A Creator more relatable to me?

No, thanks.

I'm imperfect and make #ty decisions all the time.

Only God could possibly explain Himself.

How do you guys expect him to explain Himself if not by having a conversation with us? It's been pretty much made clear from the start that God wants to have a relationship with you and actually want to talk to you. It may not be directly or even with words involved, yet if you're open to it you might have glimpses of its presence.
Don't get me wrong, I don't pretend to have a special relationship with the Lord. In fact, it's lacking in the last months. It"s still funny to see you guys claiming I'm almost delusionnal for saying stuff like this. I'm starting to wonder if some of you even have any idea about who God really is...

Where did you get your idea of God from?

My God, is the God of the Bible.

Any other god, isn't.

That's why you're getting responses like this...

God HAS already revealed and explained Himself.

Does the clay say to the potter, "why hast thou made me thus"?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Panartisis

Ask and recieve? It's like Oliver Twist asking for more gruel. Seek and find. That's much better.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The problem with your line of thinking is that you're trying to put God on trial, and YOU are the criminal. You keep pretending that God isn't made readily explainable from the scriptures, and he is - this just shows you have NOT read the Bible or studied it in any depth at all, you're speaking from literal ignorance. Who is this who darkens council, speaking words without wisdom....

Imagine me saying something like "Yeah, I killed that guy judge, but I'm super sorry and won't do it again", is it just for the judge to let me go? No. You see God as a petty tyrant because as you rightly said "I don't know the mind of God". No, you don't.

God is not mocked, not even by people like you with a 'harmless' air about your inner hatred. You despise God and that's why you talk the way you do, all heathen do if they're honest with themselves. You eschew authority and rage against a just judge. We all do, actually, but that's the POINT.

Why, oh why, do you think Jesus HAD to die? It wasn't to placate an evil God! It was to literally cover your sin by becoming sin for you! Rage all you want, this is the truth.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

You can not, and will not understand Gods reason for doing what he does, the WHOLE point of the Bible is a question, to you! Can you trust God knowing this? Can you trust God even when your own limitations and doubts are raging inside of you. If you can, you'll be saved. If you don't, don't expect to receive anything, and even the little you don't have will be taken from you.

God is right. You are wrong, is an easier way of looking at things.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Strong words from someone with the belief judge and be judged.

Its like my elbow judging the actions of my forehead.

ETA: Your reply is so flawed on every sense I can't even begin to know where or how to reply without wasting precious foot resting time.

Seriously though, my ankle is still broke. And I love you either way despite my words.
edit on 12-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Care to explain that with a semblance of some common sense
Are you inferring Christians can’t judge?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Actually the clay did say that to the potter, in Jeremiah
Israel as a metaphor was the clay, was disobedient, God the potter warned of judgement

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeah. Dammit, don't make me look up scripture. Something about no man is able to pass judgment beside god. Dude, half those apostles were murderers and rapists. Its whatever. What, you haven't sinned? Cast the first stone stuff.

Man, I'm getting lazy with this. Read the teaching you preach. I did... I just don't remember all 900 books and 2 million verses. I'll look it up if you want, but you should know not to judge. It's basic.
edit on 12-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: I changed an M to an N. Because I care about your ribbed reading pleasure.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Wow. The accusations of you guys are surreal.

I respect all religions. I know there is good and truth in all of them. I'm not trying to disrespect Christianity, on the contrary. Maybe I was too aggresive and clumsy in my OP I can give you that.

Now, can you elaborate about why you think I don't understand God or the belief system around it?

Yes I can, read your own opening post
It’s childish in its ignorance to the matter at hand

I am sorry but it’s just ignorant
You won’t see me comment much on atheism simply because I don’t understand the nuances and different understandings, nor Hinduism, little about Buddhism and Islam, not enough knowledge to comment, I am ignorant
If you want to make some serious comments, learn what Christianity is, who God is then make some comments but you don’t understand what the subject matter is

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

The problem with your line of thinking is that you're trying to put God on trial, and YOU are the criminal. You keep pretending that God isn't made readily explainable from the scriptures, and he is - this just shows you have NOT read the Bible or studied it in any depth at all, you're speaking from literal ignorance. Who is this who darkens council, speaking words without wisdom....

Imagine me saying something like "Yeah, I killed that guy judge, but I'm super sorry and won't do it again", is it just for the judge to let me go? No. You see God as a petty tyrant because as you rightly said "I don't know the mind of God". No, you don't.

God is not mocked, not even by people like you with a 'harmless' air about your inner hatred. You despise God and that's why you talk the way you do, all heathen do if they're honest with themselves. You eschew authority and rage against a just judge. We all do, actually, but that's the POINT.

Why, oh why, do you think Jesus HAD to die? It wasn't to placate an evil God! It was to literally cover your sin by becoming sin for you! Rage all you want, this is the truth.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

You can not, and will not understand Gods reason for doing what he does, the WHOLE point of the Bible is a question, to you! Can you trust God knowing this? Can you trust God even when your own limitations and doubts are raging inside of you. If you can, you'll be saved. If you don't, don't expect to receive anything, and even the little you don't have will be taken from you.

God is right. You are wrong, is an easier way of looking at things.

Seriously?

You're so out of touch it's insane. You're also showing total lack of respect for my opinions and yet you act like you're a follower of God. It's embarassing.
You clearly have some serious introspection to do mate.

No, I don't put God on trial. I respect what he represents even though sonetimes I kinda get confused about his ways. But then, I remind myself that my consciousness is not on par with his so there are some things that I can't simply grasp. Now and then, I get some glimpses about his true nature because he wants himself to be known. One of these glimpses I provided in my OP.

But stop claiming I can't understand God because you can't and are just mirroring your own ignorance on me. You're totally clueless.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: MykeNukem

Actually the clay did say that to the potter, in Jeremiah
Israel as a metaphor was the clay, was disobedient, God the potter warned of judgement

That's one of the things I was referring to.

Also Isaiah 45:9

It never turns out good for the clay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join